Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:03 am
Heyo! I'm an aaml fan, but i wondered if there is anybody else that is......

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:15 am
Define AAML, please.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:33 am
ZeekSlider
Define AAML, please.
erm...you mean....unabbreviate it??? XD

okay..AAML is Ash and Misty's love. It is also known as pokeshipping. Ash and Misty's love fans believe that there are possible, yet subtle hints between ash and misty in both manga and anime that they show love for one another...

Defined 'nuf???  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:47 am
Nope, not a fan of that little poke-ship. In fact, I find their relationship rather shallow for the most part.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:04 am
ZeekSlider
Nope, not a fan of that little poke-ship. In fact, I find their relationship rather shallow for the most part.
Well, everybody is different...some people prefer pallet shipping (SatoShigeru or Ash and Gary) or some prefer to get invloved with team rocketshipping, possibly becuz they aren't a fan of the twerps....everybody's different...but I like all sortsa shippyness.....^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:05 am
NikiPaprika
ZeekSlider
Well, everybody is different...some people prefer pallet shipping (SatoShigeru or Ash and Gary) or some prefer to get invloved with team rocketshipping, possibly becuz they aren't a fan of the twerps....everybody's different...but I like all sortsa shippyness.....^^
AAML is just one of my fave....  

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:34 pm
I really don't like the Ash/Misty pairing, mostly because I don't like Ash at all and I like Misty a lot. I could be great friends with Misty. And I could smack her for her dumb decisions!!!

What I am referring to is the Orange Islands fiasco. When the Orange Islands series was on the tv, I was drifting away from watching the show, so I know I missed a few episodes. Then I never saw any of the Johto series. I just stopped liking the tv series.

But anyway, what I really want to smack Misty about is that time that she, Ash, and Tracy were riding to another island. When were they NOT riding to another island in that series? Anywho, I am referring to the episode in which Misty selflessly jumps in the water to rescue that island's Gym leader's little brother. I thought it was beautiful, and everyrthing in the relatioship between Misty and Rudy was right out of a sappy romance novel. I thought it was a sure thing, seing how well Rudy treated and cared for her, and the little brother liked her too! I don't know how anything could go wrong.

But I was shocked and appalled when, during the gymbattle, Misty chose the clueless Ash instead of her perfect match!!! I mean, seriously, I don't Ash and Misty would make a good pairing in a real situation.

Reason 1) Ash is way too immature. It is shown through most of his actions that Ash is way below Misty's maturity level. Even though Misty has her moments, she is basically a grounded young woman. 2) Ash seems to clueless to have a romantic relationship right now, or anytime soon. Throughout both the tv series and movies (as far as I've seen) Ash has not noticed any of the obvious hints Misty's dropped about her liking him (Including my eye-sore episode I meantioned already). 3) Their basic personalities clash. Ash is an immature, active, self-sacrificially caring little boy. Misty is a fierce, mature, intelligent young woman. I think in the real world, this relationship would never work out.

I think that Misty would be much better suited to Rudy. They are both gymleaders, for one. Rudy lives on an island, which would be the perfect environment to raise Misty's water pokemon in. Not only does Rudy have a Starmie, but his little brother has a Seel! Rudy is a very mature young man, who treats women right. He is romantic, something any woman can appreciate, and is strong, which any Pokemon fan can appreciate. All in all, Rudy just seems to be a wiser, more realistic choice.

For Ash, I don't think Misty is a good idea. I think that, to go with his personality, he needs a different type of girl. This girl needs to be a trainer, probably weaker than him so that he isn't intimidated. The girl must be younger than him, sweet, active, and innocent. She probably have cute pokemon and Ash would be an example as how to train them and get stronger. Her first badge would probably be won after Ash's help. Furthermore, their love would evolve as the girl develops a crush on Ash for being so nice and helping her. Then Ash would slowly come to see how the girl is perfect for him after either a really long time, or several serious events, or both. This would be because Ash is just a clueless kinda guy, and she would be too shy to show Ash that she loved him. They would then live happily ever after with each other, and their precious Pokemon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:39 pm
I'd have to go with Panda on this one.....I don't think Ash and Misty would make a good pairing. First off, I happen to believe that Ash is brain-numbingly stupid. He wouldn't know if Misty was coming onto him if she flat-out said she wanted to shag him silly. Basically, he's the posterchild of why you shouldn't do crack while pregnant. Not that I flat-out hate him, he's a nice guy and his heart's in the right place, but he's really not bright.

And while I'm not a big fan of Misty (though I do like her hair color since I'm a fellow redhead), she's a step above Ash in the intellegence department. Not extremely bright, but functional. I think she does know what she's doing, and that she might have a crush on Ash, and Brock too perhaps. This of course is one-sided, since he's completely lacking of any knowledge (or even knowledge of existance) of crushes and such. Also, she seems awfully capable of making both Ash and Brock her bitches, even despite her scrawny build. surprised

Now, as for Rocketshipping....no. Just no. I don't believe it at all. Personally, I believe that James and Jesse are nothing more than girlfriends. Completely platonic. And plus they wouldn't make a good couple, anyway: Jesse is dominating and assertive of her authority, while James is feminine, submitting, and "playing for the other team", if you catch my drift. The signs are all there: taking modern dance as a lad, his talent and love for fashion, and how he's completely oblivious to Jesse's rack. I'm actually surprised Brock hasn't noticed. surprised And if you don't believe me (my debative skills really suck), go to Pokemopolis.

This is just my two cents.... >>;  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:37 pm
And following Sui's, here's MY two cents.

Personally, I have nothing agaisnt Pokeshipping. I can see why people like it, it's cute, and Ash and Misty do have *some* chemistry. But, it's not my fav pairing, really. They aren't even my fav characters. (Is obsessed with Brock and thinks Team Rocket are great)

Now, Please don't think that I have ANYTHING against you liking it ^^; Like I said, I can see why you do like it, and I won't try to deter you from liking it or anything... Just as long as you don't flame anyone for their opinions on shipping, and we'll all get along fine :3 I think we need a resident pokeshipper, anyway. Makes things more fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:31 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:02 pm
Toko Ojin
I mean, he has allready died at least twice, in the Haunter episode and when turned to stone by the Mew vs. Mewtwo blast!

Not to mention he nearly drowns three times; once in the second movie, once in the Orange Islands, and some other time I saw screenshots of somewhere, it could've been the Orange Islands also, but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:14 pm
Sui Kune
Toko Ojin
I mean, he has allready died at least twice, in the Haunter episode and when turned to stone by the Mew vs. Mewtwo blast!

Not to mention he nearly drowns three times; once in the second movie, once in the Orange Islands, and some other time I saw screenshots of somewhere, it could've been the Orange Islands also, but I'm not sure.
Who cares about near death experiances. He lost me when he started dressing up in Pokemon outfits! I couldn't take him seriously after that.

And then the apple outfit to lure Snorlax to the nearest Pokemon center because its Pokeball broke?!

But I think the straw that broke my back was when he dressed in drag (for the second time, I might add), and Brock found him attractive. sweatdrop  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:26 pm
ZeekSlider
Sui Kune
Toko Ojin

Who cares about near death experiances. He lost me when he started dressing up in Pokemon outfits! I couldn't take him seriously after that.

And then the apple outfit to lure Snorlax to the nearest Pokemon center because its Pokeball broke?!

But I think the straw that broke my back was when he dressed in drag (for the second time, I might add), and Brock found him attractive. sweatdrop

No kidding.....and his luck is uncanny, he's like a Legendary Pokemon magnet. If it weren't for his stupidity and other such flaws, he's close to being a canon-Sue.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:32 pm
Sui Kune

No kidding.....and his luck is uncanny, he's like a Legendary Pokemon magnet. If it weren't for his stupidity and other such flaws, he's close to being a canon-Sue.
That's another thing. Why him? Even in the second movie when they played around with the words of the ancient text, why him? Are legendary Pokemon attracted to the idiot trainers because they know they won't get captured by them? It could be that he has a pure heart and they only appear to those of purity, but that's for a very few number of them (like Jirachi where only Max can hear it).

Granted I'm not upset that he never caught them like some other people are. I mean, c'mon. Catching one of them in the show/movie timeline is like actually capturing God or Shiva in real life.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Load Chaud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:23 pm
Hmm... I think your logic for why Ash and Misty or Jessie and James wouldn't work is flawed. Ever hear of the phrase opposites attract? Yeah. That's why they're perfect for each other.

I'm not really trying to defend such relationships. Because I really don't give a Rattata's arse. For one, they're fictional chracters. Does it matter who hooks up with who? It's all up to the writers of the show what happens next. For two, they're not exactly my favorite characters. Ash is denser than any substance on Earth, Misty's a mean b***h, and Jessie and James give the Team Rocket organization a bad name (Really, do they seem like crime syndicate lackey material to YOU!?).

Yeah...
[drinks his root beer]  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas