Submit

So, what do you think?
  A lotta malarkey.
  It may happen.
  It will happen.
View Results

God Of Video Games

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:40 am
A rumor around the internet since 2008 says that Nintendo is going to release a newer Wii HD in the following 3 years. This fabled new god upon gods of video game systems (no pun there) is suppose to have better graphics, better sound, and more of a multimedia system (Kinda like the ps3). It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo has improved one of its already perfect systems with something that makes it really unique. On April 4th, 2009 the U.S. was blessed with the new Dsi which, unlike the older Ds, had a built in camera (both front and back), Internal memory for game downloads, and even a sleek surface and perfect rectangular shape for easy pocket travel. Personally, I think this new Wii deal is a Lotta malarkey, but i wanna know what you think.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:43 am
I'm pretty sure it's BS. A large number of Wii games aren't even made to work in HD. They've never released enhanced home consoles anyway, just portables.  

Waynebrizzle

God Of Video Games

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:05 am
Idk Sony updated the Ps3, Microsoft updated the 360. Now that i think about it, it doesn't sound so far fetched, but i still think it wont happen.

On another note, the games don't need to made in HD, the system will just have better graphic running abilities. The Wii HD is just a guessed name, I mean, it was 2 years ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:04 am
Dude, Sony always re-releases its consoles.

And Microsoft kinda had to since so many 360's were crapping out [citation needed].  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 am
dragn99

And Microsoft kinda had to since so many 360's were crapping out [citation needed].
User Image
I hear quite a few complaints about Wiis too.

It would thrill me if they updated the hardware, true or not. I don't give a s**t about HD, but I'd like something that actually worked six months after I bought it.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 am
Yeah, HD would be pretty sweet.

At the very least, I'd like something that doesn't get the watered down port of multi-platform games.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:23 am
I don't know if I really believe this kind of stuff. The games already made couldn't really be HDfied, and a hard drive would be cool, but the SD card solution is fine for right now. Having an HD Wii on the market would complicate things in just about every aspect, which is something Nintendo would be wise not to do, seeing as a large portion of their buyers are simple folk that are only into video games as a diversion from their life. Granted, Nintendo is on its fourth DS, they haven't revised a home console for a long time.

BUT the question does arise as to when we'll be seeing a new console from Nintendo, and hell, when we'll be seeing new console from Sony and Microsoft. The past few generations have been pretty predictable five year life spans, but I think the Wii is going to try to push it simply because it's doing so well, and releasing something to compete with it would reflect negatively on their sales. If Sony or Mircosoft release a console after the five year mark, will they be admitting defeat? They both just announced new controllers (both motion sensitive, woah, hop on the Wii train much?) which may or may not breathe a little fresh air into their consoles this generation. November will be year four for the Wii (and PS3 and more than that for 360) and to not even hear about the next gen console at this point is crazy.

But with such great games coming out for the Wii right now it would be suicide to announce its successor.

Lady Psycho Sexy
dragn99

User Image
I hear quite a few complaints about Wiis too. User Image
Wiis are actually the least to malfunction, but everything has issues.

dragn99
At the very least, I'd like something that doesn't get the watered down port of multi-platform games.
If you're trying to play PS360 games on the Wii in the first place you're kind of missing the point and should probably get a PC/PS360.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
How many times has there been rumors of a new Wii with a DVD player or some s**t? Really? I mean it seems like every two months somebody says there is gonna be a new Wii out, and Nintendo never confirms.  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:41 am
Owwin
How many times has there been rumors of a new Wii with a DVD player or some s**t? Really? I mean it seems like every two months somebody says there is gonna be a new Wii out, and Nintendo never confirms.
This analyst, Pacther, is ALWAYS saying there will be a Wii HD. Forever. I think it's just gotten to the point where he'd be afraid to admit that he may be wrong/he's hoping that eventually he'll be right.

Also the Wii can apparently play DVD's through a hack, so I don't know why Nintendo hasn't updated the firmware or whatever.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:45 am
Meta_Fish
Owwin
This analyst, Pacther, is ALWAYS saying there will be a Wii HD. Forever. I think it's just gotten to the point where he'd be afraid to admit that he may be wrong/he's hoping that eventually he'll be right.

Also the Wii can apparently play DVD's through a hack, so I don't know why Nintendo hasn't updated the firmware or whatever.
Yeah my buddy was gonna put that on his homebrew wii, but he decided that he didn't need to. His PS3 already has a Blu Ray player.  

Owwin

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:08 am
Meta_Fish

dragn99
If you're trying to play PS360 games on the Wii in the first place you're kind of missing the point and should probably get a PC/PS360.
My PC seems to hate any kind of games (don't know why, it's powerful enough to play most of the games out there).

And I don't have the budget to buy a new console at the moment.
Someday though, I probably will.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:19 am
dragn99

PSX->PsOne PS2->PS2 slim PS3->PS3 without backwards compatibility and slimmer design.
microsoft is not much better, but i would like to see a wii that does have a few more things to it. give me a reason to turn in my old wii and cash for a newer one.  

Xilo The Odd

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:10 pm
They shouldn't waste their time. Save it for Wii2.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:23 pm
Trenn Flashkill
They shouldn't waste their time. Save it for Wii2.

Wii Ni.
get it
its a pun  

l-Kriel-l

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:14 pm
Very punny.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff