Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Megaman 10: New DLC! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:31 pm
This review is mostly spoiler free, but if you don't even know who the robot masters are/don't want some weapons spoiled, don't look.

I'm going to be brief with this, and all of this really only relates to Megaman's side of the game, because I haven't played with Protoman much yet.

The level design is, for the most part, not as good as 9's was. There are some very fun segments, however, like the sand storms in Commando man's stage. But some stages, like that of Strike Man's, just bothered the hell out of me. They were hard, but not in a fair, fun, or creative way.

Strike Man's stage sucked.

Some implemented other clever things, like the see saws in blade man's level, but some parts felt a little uninspired, which was bothersome, but everything was still fun.

As far as functionality goes, this game beats the crap out of 9. Using A and B to cycle through weapons without the start menu is awesome, and there is now an easy mode to choose from. Protoman has his own shop now, and the cutscenes in 10 have a better look to them than 9's (it sounds weird, but you really can tell).

The robot masters themselves are pretty okay. Sometimes it's hard to read their movements and predict their attack, which was really my favorite thing about the robot masters in Megaman 9. Fans of MM3 will like these masters, though, because they act more unpredictable.

The weapons are pretty standard fare. You have your "best weapon," which seems to be the blade thingies in 10, then you have the wheel cutter, which is really neat because when you hold the fire button and run towards a wall you can climb up it. There are also, of course, throw-away weapons, but I can't really count against them since every Megaman has them.

Overall, if you liked 9 you'll like this, but whether or not you'll like it more depends on your own tastes, I guess. I had lots of fun with it, and it's easier than 9.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:34 pm
Sounds aces. I'll be sure to download it as soon as possible. I can't wait to see this 3rd character.  

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:05 pm
I just hope there is something as useful as the Hornet Chaser.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 am
The weapons are probably better than I'm giving them credit for in my first post. I guess some of them are just harder to master than 9's were.

Edit: I also LOVE how despite the addition of easy mode, people still choose normal. The hardcore mentality is hilarious; they'd just better not whine about difficulty this time.  

Waynebrizzle

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 am
The base sprite confuses me... his eyes are black, but they're orange... but they could be orange, because he has orange elsewhere on his sprite.

SO CONFUSING.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:57 am
Waynebrizzle
The weapons are probably better than I'm giving them credit for in my first post. I guess some of them are just harder to master than 9's were.

Edit: I also LOVE how despite the addition of easy mode, people still choose normal. The hardcore mentality is hilarious; they'd just better not whine about difficulty this time.
But, you always start on Normal. That is why it is Normal. You do that, and depending on if it is too hard too easy or just right, you switch or stay.  

Owwin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 am
Owwin
Waynebrizzle

But, you always start on Normal. That is why it is Normal. You do that, and depending on if it is too hard too easy or just right, you switch or stay.

Yeah, but then there's people who still don't change because they think they'll be lesser people for playing on easy or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:21 am
9 seemed inspired. They were excited to be coming up with new robot masters and trying to find what was so great about the old games to make a new one. 10 seems like they're going back to just-making-another-Megaman-game.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 am
AND MEGAMAN STILL CAN'T SLIIIIIDE!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:31 am
[Kegan]
That's really dumb. It's a good mechanic, and not having it isn't what makes 2 better than 3. I wonder though, how is Protoman this time? Does he still suck c**k?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 am
Meta_Fish
[Kegan]
That's really dumb. It's a good mechanic, and not having it isn't what makes 2 better than 3. I wonder though, how is Protoman this time? Does he still suck c**k?

Yes. Still double damage. You know, I can see why he'd take more damage, but does it have to be double? Why not just a quarter? It's not like Megaman can take much damage as it is.

Hopefully if Bass ends up being DLC he won't suck.

I don't really miss the slide though. It wasn't really useful except in places where you obviously HAD to use it.

I don't think this game is as uninspired as people are trying to make it out to be, though. If Megaman 9 were Megaman 2, this game would be Megaman 3; obviously not as creative, but still fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 pm
Okay, so after looking at 10's manual, it's pretty much confirmed that Bass is going to be DLC.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:31 pm
Waynebrizzle
Okay, so after looking at 10's manual, it's pretty much confirmed that Bass is going to be DLC.
He is. It's been confirmed and is up, I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 pm
Meta_Fish
Waynebrizzle
He is. It's been confirmed and is up, I think.

Whoa really? I checked before I left and didn't see any.

Edit: Nah,not up yet. Probably next week or something, though.  

Waynebrizzle

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:39 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmhMLF7BT4

Someone got Bass early somehow. Here's footage of it.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff