Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Depression? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SophieMorita

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:02 am
Ok, so I am a teenager. The things I do in my free time is sit in my room, listen to music... Basically I hibernate in there... I NEVER hang out/do things with my friends anymore... My mom thinks I am suffering from depression... I don't FEEL depressed... But my mom says that most people don't know that they are depressed...

Any help?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:53 am
Being a hermit =/= depressed.  

Art Payment

SophieMorita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:38 am
Does the / mean I'm not depressed?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:13 pm
I did the same exact thing when I was in my teenage years. THAT, is not depression, it's being anti-social. It's when you go through what I did. The faking sick just so you can stay in bed and stare at the ceiling because you can't bare to see the glares people will give you at school all day just because (Well, for me it was) you're gay and wear "girl clothes", and even your friends made fun of you for it, and you didn't get your first gf/bf until you were sixteen and you felt so useless because people were already HAVING SEX at the age of twelve so you threw your virginity away to some whore who left you and you didn't see her till four years later, and guess what, SHE HAD MY SON WITH HER! ....Yeah, and thhen your boyfriend is raped and you spend a night in jail for nearly killing the guy who did it to him and you once again feel useless because you couldn't protect him and so you lock yourself in the bathroom with a butcher knife, too scared to start up cutting again but in too much emotional pain to not do it... but then he unlocks the bathroom door (Somehow) and comforts you and tells you everything is okay...and you feel like an idiot because you didn't take into account his feelings...yeah, THAT is depression.

But, I could've simply told you (True fact), I went to the doctor, took a test, and was actually diagnosed with depression. Try that.

xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx

Gracious Vampire

SophieMorita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:25 pm
umm... you beat me there... And yeah, I guess I'm a bit anti-social... Is there anything that will help that? And some mornings, I don't even want to get out of bed and go to school. After I get home, all I want to do is listen to music and sit on my bed. I don't text many people... I guess you could say ima hermit.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:17 pm
this kinda sounds like me too. maybe you just aren't a people person. when i was little, i could make a friend out of anybody and now that i am 15, i am completely different. you may or may not be depressed, but i don't think you are. my advice to you is this: take everything one day at a time. even if you are annoyed and just want to stay in bed on a monday, get up anyway and just say, "4 more days til the weekend once today ends." then 3 days and 2 days and so on. i know it sounds stupid, but it's how i survive. it works for me. and try to hang out with your family more even if it bugs you. it will keep them off your back and you might actually enjoy yourself.
i hope this helps, i am only giving this advice because of personal experience. it's how i live my life, and this may help you as well.  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SophieMorita

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 am
OK... Thanks. It kinda helped... It's just that my family doesn't do stuff I like to do... I guess I'll just live with it. Thanks guys. : D  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:52 pm
I just lay in my bed staring at the cealing (?) for hours, and then at some point I fall asleep, and stay asleep for hours.  

Vaknar21

SophieMorita

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm
I'm with ya there.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:15 am
SophieMorita
OK... Thanks. It kinda helped... It's just that my family doesn't do stuff I like to do... I guess I'll just live with it. Thanks guys. : D

You're very welcome.=]
the family thing really does help. for example, i hate soap operas, but i watch then with my mother anyway. spending time with family will show them that despite what they think, you don't hate them. since i've been making an effort to get along with my mom lately, she says she's going to buy me some awesome eyeliner. so just ignore your negativity and get out more. eventually those feelings of depression will leave once you decide not to give into them. never lose the will to go on. and who knows? you might get a sweet surprise after you force yourself out of your funk, like a new buddy, or eyeliner from your mommy, like me =D  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SophieMorita

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:11 pm
Haha ok thanks. I will try that~!! You guys have been a real help to me. Thanks!!

And I'm not so sure on the eyeliner.... Mum says I'm too young... Dx  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:33 pm
SophieMorita
Haha ok thanks. I will try that~!! You guys have been a real help to me. Thanks!!

And I'm not so sure on the eyeliner.... Mum says I'm too young... Dx

i didn't really mean that you would get eyeliner specifically, just a little surprise here and there. i'm glad that things are working out better now! =]  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

emoboyhinata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:33 am
your like me i'm not one to go around people often.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:14 pm
And please don't assume that I am faking or anything. I really am going through that, and I don't appreciate people telling that I am doing this just to get attention. Not that anyone has said anything like this . . . I am just sayin'.  

SophieMorita

SOLDIER-X Genesis

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:55 pm
SophieMorita
And please don't assume that I am faking or anything. I really am going through that, and I don't appreciate people telling that I am doing this just to get attention. Not that anyone has said anything like this . . . I am just sayin'.

What's important is that YOU know the truth of your intentions, and you stick with it. I wouldn't think that there's something wrong with not being much of a people person, and as long as you aren't doing any harm, it should be just fine to be by yourself. Nothing wrong with just relaxing, listening to music, and reading a good book or whatever you prefer, right?  
Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff