Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
POETRY SUBFORUM!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

POEMS?
  Yes, please!!!
View Results

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 am
Guys, I'm sad.

Our poetry subforum is so neglected! Most of the poems in there only have one or two responses, if any.

So...I dedicate this month as poetry month. Please remember to look at these works done by great IP members and not neglect them because they aren't on the front page!!! There's some awesome stuff in there, don't forget to look at it too!

And as an added incentive...I'll give you 250g for each post you make in the poetry subforum for the next two weeks. As long as it's a real post and not "OMGZZZ POST 4 GOLDZZZZ."

Now you shouldn't need this incentive because there is some AWESOME poetry in there that you should just want to read and post on because it's awesome, but everybody seems to forget about the poetry forum so hopefully this will help. smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:11 pm
But I don't.... I don't DO poems. I'm awful at them, critiquing and writing equally.

I suppose I can try. =_=  

Serenity Reed
Crew

RandiTrigger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 pm
I ventured in there when I joined the guild, but aside from the one I replied to, all the others were months old.

I figured that even if I did reply to them, the author of the poem wouldn't see what I had to say.

I'll check on it again for you. =)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:37 pm
I actually posted in there like two weeks ago but got no replies. I just finished two months of non stop poetry in my class so if anyone has anything they want critique go ahead and ask me. Oh and if you have any questions.  

iiCookehMonstur

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm
AurigaLaShock
I actually posted in there like two weeks ago but got no replies. I just finished two months of non stop poetry in my class so if anyone has anything they want critique go ahead and ask me. Oh and if you have any questions.
Yeah, this is the kind of thing I want to avoid.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:20 pm
Spastic waffles
AurigaLaShock
Yeah, this is the kind of thing I want to avoid.

Either way I think creating this was a smart move  

iiCookehMonstur

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:41 pm
*sobs into the computer screen* I cannae do it. I cannae.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:33 pm
Serenity Reed
-huggle-

It's ok. We forgive you.

Spastic waffles
Captain

charbookwyrm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm
I'll do my best to look around my essay work smile

Quote:

Why are you now Scottish?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:10 pm
Quote:
Why are you now Scottish?

BECAUSE I CAN. OKAY? rofl

It's just, I don't have much to say about poems. I don't know what to do with them. You see, writing is like children before their teens: Books are like a cool ten-twelve year old, but poems are like babies. I fear I will break them.  

Serenity Reed
Crew

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:13 pm
I feel like that metaphor could be pushed to greater lengths in ways that it probably shouldn't be.

*will consider this*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:11 am
Haha. Okay, Emily dear, okay.

Also, (and some kind of self destructive instinct is driving me to be that person) it's a similie razz  

charbookwyrm

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:48 pm
Simile, even. But extended simile doesn't sound nearly as good as extended metaphor. Plus, I had devious plans for making it into a metaphor when I, well, pushed it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 am
If I remember correctly, a long similie becomes an 'epic simile', which does sound pretty awesome! How very devious of you razz  

charbookwyrm

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:56 am
Des, I am so allowing you to run with that if you can turn it into an EPIC... Oh, why don't you make it a.... POEM since we're already on the subject?  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff