Reply The Lolita Society.
Music You Might Be Interested In Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The World Within

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 pm
I see these threads floating around the lolita guilds all the time, so I figured I'd throw one out there. Some have mentioned Kanon Wakeshima and Yousei Teikoku.

Another band I feel needs mentioning is Kalafina.
Though not necessarily lolita, their music definitely inspires an air of elegance. At least to me.
You may know them if you watch Kuroshitsuji (also highly recommended anime biggrin ) because they did the ending! Lacrimosa. Beautiful song. x3

I've been listening to them more and more on my bad days because those ladies have some of the prettiest voices ever. :3

And I have some links here for your convenience and listening pleasure!

Lacrimosa
Fairytale

Both of which are from animes, making them easiest to find in a quick search. Sorry DX

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 pm
Those are pretty songs.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:56 pm
User Image

I'm clueless when it comes to Japanese music.

But I can suggest Enya to anyone interested in listening to relaxing, beautiful, new-agey music.
I can't help but feel like a princess when I sit down with my tea service, a good novel, and her music.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:15 am
I love these songs ...i also love enya its usually playing on the background in my room  

witchy__luna

The World Within

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:49 am
Enya is lovely! biggrin
Though I confess I don't listen to her much. I don't listen to too much but Japanese music and David Bowie. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 pm
The World Within
Enya is lovely! biggrin
Though I confess I don't listen to her much. I don't listen to too much but Japanese music and David Bowie. xD
Who practically is the English language's answer to Visual Kei.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

The World Within

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:23 pm
EXACTLY!
I could actually rant for ages about how Hyde is actually David Bowie in disguise.
In the Hello video he even LOOKS like Bowie IMO.
And I'm one of the biggest Bowie fans around these parts DX

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:43 am
User Image

. . . I dont know why but I cant stand hyde x.x He just makes me shudder, I think he looks greasy, but thats just my opinion... Bowie on the other hand, makes me happy haha.

prone to delirium

Raspberry Panic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:39 am
i love them ^.^ very beautiful  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 am
IDK if anyone is like *duh* but malice mizer and moi dix mois... I am a huge japanese music pioneer, and i love anything that comes my way... I love Dir en grey even when im wearing lolita, and its always nice to see the people's reactions when you're dancing in a frilly skirt (or what have you) to that kind of music!  

TentaiGames

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

bottled charm

5,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:09 pm
Hm~ I suggest Regina Spektor. Her music is very lovely.

But if it had to be lolita-ish...I definetly suggest Rurutia for those who like J-pop.

For english speaking artists, I suggest Sia.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:07 pm
I love Kanon Wakeshima.
However, I think a lolita can listen to whatever music they like. I personally am into metal.  

MissLavenda

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:14 pm
LavanderLoli
I love Kanon Wakeshima.
However, I think a lolita can listen to whatever music they like. I personally am into metal.

\m/
I apparently am into the "gay" metal [Power metal, mostly], but it cracks up one of my friends. She says that it is "fully appropriate" to listen to such melodramatic cheese since I wear mostly Alice & the Pirates. But whatever. More lolitas need metal in their lives.

I'm still so pissed that I missed seeing Epica live. The concert was less than a 30 minute drive south of here. ._.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 pm
spuntino
LavanderLoli
I love Kanon Wakeshima.

m/
I apparently am into the "gay" metal [Power metal, mostly], but it cracks up one of my friends. She says that it is "fully appropriate" to listen to such melodramatic cheese since I wear mostly Alice & the Pirates. But whatever. More lolitas need metal in their lives.

I'm still so pissed that I missed seeing Epica live. The concert was less than a 30 minute drive south of here. ._.

That sucks. I know how you feel. I woke up one Saturday last year and the first thing I thought of was "Oh man, I'm not going to the Disturbed concert!" That was an awful day T.T
I don't like Epica much (or most operatic metal bands), but I love non-operatic symphonic metal ( geez, that's a mouthful).  

MissLavenda

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces