Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Share your current HGSS adventure with me! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bulbasauur

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:10 pm
Hello everyone!

HGSS was released yesterday, as many of you know. (I walked a mile in the hot sun to get it)

Share where your currently at! Share your current adventure. How many badges? what's your impressions of the game so far?

And my favorite: Who are you using in your party?
I always love to hear which pokemon people have decided to use. even as a kid, I've always loved hearing.

As for me, I've only collected 4 badges because I've been playing around with some of the new features.

My current party is:

Quilava lv 32
Chinchou lv 23
Hoot-Hoot lv 15

I was using Togetic, who I nicknamed "FLINCH!" (those of you who competitive play will know why) but I decided to box him because I couldn't use his full evo.

I'm loving the new "pokemon can follow you around" feature. I wish they all could at once, but I can see why they would choose not to expand on the idea. Also, does anyone stress over ingame natures as much as I do? rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:30 pm
Only a mile? xD

Also, the following feature reminds me of Dragon Warrior Monsters.
2, at least.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:23 pm
Yes, everyone, please share. I'd like to know too... Need to survive the next week or so somehow...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:07 pm
rofl im so out of shape 1 mile is a a lot.  

Bulbasauur

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:18 pm
LOL oh stars. Earlier today, I was thinking that perhaps I should make an HG/SS progress thread for everyone, but decided against it on the basis that I thought it wouldn't get used much.

But my current team:

» Obi-Wan the Seadra (male, L.34)
» Hawaii the Pidgeotto (male, L.31)
» Joey the Espeon (male, L.27)
» Rocky the Onix (male, L.31)
» Shockette the Ampharos (female, L.35)
» Lime the Typhlosion (female, L.35)

I'm currently clearing out the Goldenrod Underground of Rockets while trying to save the Radio Tower Director. I don't think I remember a lot of my thoughts from earlier in-game, but I'll try.

» I LOVE that they replaced the "OMG A Pokémon laid an egg?!" with "Oh yeah, Pokémon laying eggs is totally normal and not something we hadn't seen before." That was something that ALWAYS annoyed me.

» Voltorb Flip is kinda lame, not gonna lie.

» Is it just me, or is level grinding even MORE tedious? The wilds have yet to go above the lower 20s, even in Mahogany, where you should be early- to mid-30s.

» Whitney was surprisingly easy to take down for me. Morty, however, was a downright b***h. After the fourth or fifth try, I'm like, "******** it" and went and bought 20 Awakenings. Then my very next try, I finally take him out. And only had to use a single Awakening. Damnit.

» Lunar Dreaming is secretly the Rocket Boss/hair stylist, because all the Rockets, sans the Executives, have bright pink hair. ALL of them (and Lunar has pink hair IRL).

» Love love loooove how much more integrated the touchscreen is. And the dual Registered items. And the perma-run button.

» Ralph the fisherman likes calling me every hour or so to tell me what a horrible father he is. No joke. It's so annoying.

» Getting to run around Goldenrod in a Rocket uniform is pretty awesome, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
» Voltorb Flip is kinda lame, not gonna lie.
Not shocked at all... It looks lame. They should've kept the slots.
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
» Is it just me, or is level grinding even MORE tedious? The wilds have yet to go above the lower 20s, even in Mahogany, where you should be early- to mid-30s.

Johto Pokemon have always been really weak. I thought they would've had the decency to boost the levels this time around, but obviously not...
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
» Love love loooove how much more integrated the touchscreen is. And the dual Registered items. And the perma-run button.
eek You can register more than one item?
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
» Obi-Wan the Seadra (male, L.34)
» Hawaii the Pidgeotto (male, L.31)
» Joey the Espeon (male, L.27)
» Rocky the Onix (male, L.31)
» Shockette the Ampharos (female, L.35)
» Lime the Typhlosion (female, L.35)
Looks like a nice team, Tippy! Is that Onix the traded one or your own?  

Dragon Queen Tiamat

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:06 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

I have a psychic Pokemon trainer named Joey. This made me User Image irl.

He also has an Espeon, iirc.

AS FOR MOI!~
I'm tarding around Cherrygrove, writing s**t down since no one can extract parts of the story/dialogue in the games. Barely got to where I can use the Pokewalker and have been mullin' 'round with that.
EEEEEEEEEEEE A WOOPER FOUND ME IN THE POKEWALKER 8D~~~~ that made me all <3333333333333 and now I'mma train it and raise it and use it in the hgss-arc story I've been writing. I love it and wanna hug it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 pm
I keep getting distracted~! sweatdrop xd

Right now I have a level 19 Bayleef (Gumu) and level 9 Mareep (Lucky Star), both female. I'm trying to fish up a female Poliwag (likely going to have "Peep" in the name somehow).

I'm breeding up a Larvitar egg on Platinum to transfer over, and have posted a poll on deviantArt to let people choose between three options for its name.

I'm also going to have a Noctowl and Gligar, who I'm likely to name Mozart (if male) and... uhm... something xd  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:38 pm
@Melody: FUN FACT: This Joey is actually the 4th gen incarnation of the Joey the Espeon I had in Gold, who was named after a boy in my class at the time. I was ten and couldn't think of anything. Joey the Espeon's son, Joel the Umbreon, was also named after a boy in my class at the time.

@Tia: Voltorb Flip seriously is. And they took away the ability to buy coins, so now you gotta earn 10,000 coins for, say, the Ice Beam TM all by yourself, by playing this tard game.

For the wilds, I don't remember them being this low so late in Johto, but that's not saying much. It just makes level grinding so much longer.

YOU CAN, OMG. I thought I mentioned that before, but I guess not. It's really, really nice.

And haha yeah, Rocky's traded; The one you get in Violet for a Bellsprout. I wish I could figure out how the hell the Pokeathlon's prize corner works, since Serebii says Metal Coat should appear there on Tuesday, along with a boat load of other prizes, but I only see six boring ones.

@Cassidy: You can find Larvitars in the Safari Zone now, too. I was really surprised!

As for me, right now I'm level grinding my team up to 40 before I take on the Blackthorn Gym. Debating whether or not to transfer over some items from Diamond, since getting them in HG is apparently a huge b***h. Hawaii's now a Pigdeot, too.

Ice Cave, the bane of my existence back in the day, was surprisingly easy to navigate this time. Perhaps I'm smarter now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:17 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
@Tia: Voltorb Flip seriously is. And they took away the ability to buy coins, so now you gotta earn 10,000 coins for, say, the Ice Beam TM all by yourself, by playing this tard game.
gonk No way! You actually have to PLAY the game to get coins?! I always used to buy them, Pokemon taught me the idiocy of gambling... RAGE!!!

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
For the wilds, I don't remember them being this low so late in Johto, but that's not saying much. It just makes level grinding so much longer.
They seriously were that low. The Pokemon on route 43 don't exceed level 17. I've been playing my Crystal from severe boredom.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
YOU CAN, OMG. I thought I mentioned that before, but I guess not. It's really, really nice.
AWESOME! Now I wont have to switch between the bike and the fishing rods all the time!

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
And haha yeah, Rocky's traded; The one you get in Violet for a Bellsprout. I wish I could figure out how the hell the Pokeathlon's prize corner works, since Serebii says Metal Coat should appear there on Tuesday, along with a boat load of other prizes, but I only see six boring ones.
Haha, yeah I thought it might be THAT Rocky.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Ice Cave, the bane of my existence back in the day, was surprisingly easy to navigate this time. Perhaps I'm smarter now.
The more times you do it, the easier it gets! ^_^  

Dragon Queen Tiamat

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:18 pm
I heard the Pokewalker is annoying for moves.

Like, Daycare style annoying.
Except that you don't learn moves.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:08 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
@Cassidy: You can find Larvitars in the Safari Zone now, too. I was really surprised!
Oh wow, really? INSANE.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:26 am
You're lucky you all have the game already.It's not out where I come from yet.I have to wait till next week to get it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:48 am
5 badges. Just caught red Gyrados.
Team:
Growlithe (22)
Akamizichi(Red Water Dragon) Red Gyrados (30) (Swapped w/level 28 Kadabra)
Crobat (25)
Crunch (Crocanaw(not sure I spelled that right))(26)
Graveler (27)
Flaffy(2 cool
Exept for the red Gyrados I am going to change the other Pokemon's names to the Japanese versions (when I get around to it xd )  

DracoxisDiamond

Witty Nerd

25,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Mr Popo in your mouth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:21 am
stayed up for three days straight on cold coffee and jolt gum. beat red  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items