Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
Sony's from the future, but with ideas from 2006. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0puP8nrIU8

Project Move is cool and all, but Sony's getting way too cocky. This is basically a professional trolling ad.

There's tongue-in-cheek, and then there's stupid.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:27 pm
Yeah the boxing thing was a major troll. Sony is good.  

Owwin

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:52 pm
I don't get the button thing. Didn't Sony originally design that thing without them?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm
dragn99
I don't get the button thing. Didn't Sony originally design that thing without them?

Well, they're trying to simultaneously downplay Project Natal and Motionplus, so they have to ignore the features of one while they pick on the weakness of another.

It's trolling; it doesn't have to make sense.  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:58 pm
dragn99
It was a jab at Natal, which isn't going to use buttons.

Seriously, the title thread here says it all. This says it a little better.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 pm
We need to troll to counter-balance Sony's first offensive.

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:13 pm
Kevin, imma letchu finish, but Chad Warden was the best motion control troll of all time. OF ALL TIME.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:17 pm
Owwin
Kevin, imma letchu finish, but Chad Warden was the best motion control troll of all time. OF ALL TIME.

It's true.

If they had him in this commercial instead of Kevin Butler, I would have laughed. Seriously, that would have been hilarious.

Edit: Motion con-troll. Get it? LULZ  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:17 pm
Quote:
Owwin I don't get why Sony is making this thing. Everywhere I go Sony fans are saying this was the dumbest idea ever because it is gonna attract all the shovelware the Wii is getting. Are they trying to play to the Wii market? The market is filled guys. Filled with Wiis.

WINxTEC @Owwin

There is a difference, Wii have casuals. Move have Casuals and Hardcore.

Wait what? When? What Hardcore game has Move announced?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:22 pm
Owwin
Quote:
Owwin I don't get why Sony is making this thing. Everywhere I go Sony fans are saying this was the dumbest idea ever because it is gonna attract all the shovelware the Wii is getting. Are they trying to play to the Wii market? The market is filled guys. Filled with Wiis.

WINxTEC @Owwin

Come on, it has a BOXING game. The Wii's NEVER seen one of those!!!!!!  

Waynebrizzle

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:24 pm
Waynebrizzle
Owwin
Quote:

WINxTEC @Owwin

Well it does. But it physically requires you to flail like a p***y and make a whiny noise/face.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:24 pm
Waynebrizzle
I just don't get why all the sony fans who said they hated motion control are behind it now. Shouldn't they be boycotting it? I hate the commercial, but I love the whole Move idea. Move does things well, Wii does things well, Natal does things well. Next generation they are all gonna copy each others stuff and we are gonna have perfect body recognition.

Why the console wars?  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:27 pm
Sony is going for Nintendo's demographic, even if they don't want to admit it. The whole reason they've come out with it is that they're losing the console race (LOL!) and they want something to try to take away from Nintendo. But this is the worst possible way to go about it. As someone in the GoNintendo comments put it "This will be hilariously ironic in Dec. 2010."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:33 pm
Owwin
Waynebrizzle
I just don't get why all the sony fans who said they hated motion control are behind it now. Shouldn't they be boycotting it? I hate the commercial, but I love the whole Move idea. Move does things well, Wii does things well, Natal does things well. Next generation they are all gonna copy each others stuff and we are gonna have perfect body recognition.

Why the console wars?

Serious mode: I think Move is amazing, and I'm not afraid to admit that it's even better than Motionplus. There are just other crucial elements that make me think it won't do so well.

Non serious mode:
dragn99

Well it does. But it physically requires you to flail like a p***y and make a whiny noise/face.

s**t, I forgot. They look like faggots. I don't wanna look like a GAY. I'll just play with this instead:

LOLLIPOP LOLLIPOP OOOOH LOLLY LOLLY LOLLY LOLLIPOP  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:34 pm
Meta_Fish
Sony is going for Nintendo's demographic, even if they don't want to admit it. The whole reason they've come out with it is that they're losing the console race (LOL!) and they want something to try to take away from Nintendo. But this is the worst possible way to go about it. As someone in the GoNintendo comments put it "This will be hilariously ironic in Dec. 2010."
Even though I hate how cocky and stupid they are being, I really don't want this to fail. I mean the tech doesn't look bad.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff