Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply Help Thread - Online Gameplay
How do I get better? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubDirectory L

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 pm
My K/D is only at 1.13 because I sucked when I first started playing MW2 (first CoD game for me). However, I've improved a lot, and if I started fresh my K/D would probably be around 1.5 (more or less).

So for an intermediate player for me, what can I do to get better? I constantly play with my friends and their K/Ds are around 1.5-2.0, so matchmaking pairs me up with better players.

Although I go positive almost every match, it's by a small amount.
I think I've stopped improving. I don't know what to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:30 pm
Well The Trick is To Check Out The Stats On The Guns Play with Friends That Have Lower Lvls and Always Get a Good Kill Streak for some one at your Game Type. =3  

notjames

xX_Narsik Kararusa_Xx

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:45 pm
get a good t.v. that can get fast reaction (hd)

surround sound helps a lot, especially deadly in FFA and you have ninja pro

find a gun that suits you, i use the M4, ACR, TAR, P90, AUG, M1014, Intervention, and who knows what...

quicken your reaction time, faster reaction helps save your life and team

make use of our equipment

shoot when a kill is available, don't give away your position on a kill that is not possible

make classes for current situations ie, anti air, stealth, assault...

killstreaks that are possible for you to get, don't try something you will ot be able to aquire

be aware of your teams status and enemy status

these are just the basics to... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:42 pm
just keep trying,i suffer from terrible playign to, but i don't cry and scream and leave matches, i keep trying, and when i play for two hours, i get a lot better. like i just all of a sudden go into pro mode. and like try making use of your surroundings, hide, out run, or even trick someone, or if you want, just camp and then stop. Don't try anything stupid like running into a building with five guys in it, go for a kill that won't kill yourself. when shooting, make sure it kills. oh, and avoid glitched matches. thats all i know right now.  

Nareleth

Feline Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

II xXchrisXx II

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:24 am
There is no perfect setup just use different weapons until you find the one for you then just practice. K/D means nothing if you play domination, demolition, capture the flag exc.
Its all about playing the objective on those games. Don't be one of those people who just run around getting kills and cost your team the game run out get flags plant bombs. K/D isn't everything unless all you play is team death match or FFA  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Camp.

When I started playing MW2 (5th Call Of Duty Game)
And my ration was .97 so.. I camp and now its 1.56

xD

GreenBallz x

AsianWeedWacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:28 pm
Throw you KD out the window. it doesn't matter, and nobody
gives a s**t.

make classes for current situations like when air support is up.

killstreaks that are possible for you to get. don't go for a nuke if you can't get it.

be aware of your teams status and enemy status.

Always go for the kill. you never know unless you try.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:45 am
Yeah, KDR is one of the last things that I look at. I just go for how my classes are setup. So, here's a simple list of what I think would help:

• Find the weapons you're comfortable with
  • Pick equipment that you use
  • Learn the maps (at least the good hiding places to find those snipers)
  • Different class combinations for different game types
  • 'SitRep' is great for finding nades and claymores (I still need to get pro to see what it does)
  • See what other people are using with 'CopyCat' to get a feel of other people's classes
  • Watch videos on YouTube on how people play and get some of their strategies

And anything else anybody has to add.

Nialo

jwmonty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:28 am
everything i would suggest has already been said, the only thing i would add is pay attention to your mini map. once i know i can kill anyone i can find then i start running any the opposite direction of anyone on my team. The enemy is always going to be where your team mates are not presently at biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 am
Ok let me just say KD isn't jack squat, it doesn't mean anything. To me at least. Mine is 1.20+ but I play against those who are well ahead of me, I consider myself an average Joe but slightly better. I have a cousin who thinks hes the s**t cause he has a 3.-- but he didn't like it when he challenged me. He was really upset. Now since I have so many deaths it just pushes me. And when i'm up against those average joe's I don't struggle.

Bottom line, when up against those who are highly skilled, don't pass the match, stay and learn something.  

Dannyxcores

fear3x3range

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am
Nialo
Yeah, KDR is one of the last things that I look at. I just go for how my classes are setup. So, here's a simple list of what I think would help:

• Find the weapons you're comfortable with
  • Pick equipment that you use
  • Learn the maps (at least the good hiding places to find those snipers)
  • Different class combinations for different game types
  • 'SitRep' is great for finding nades and claymores (I still need to get pro to see what it does)
  • See what other people are using with 'CopyCat' to get a feel of other people's classes
  • Watch videos on YouTube on how people play and get some of their strategies

And anything else anybody has to add.

Sit Rep pro makes enemy footsteps louder  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:31 pm

No one gives a crap about KDR mines like 0.80(Blame ground war) and im 9th prestige.

What makes people think your a good player is the way you perform in public games.

Start learning the points on map where people past by most of the time.

Learn the art of spawn trapping or spawn killing.

Pump up your sensitivity to make reaction times faster.

Use killstreak to rack up kills(i would suggest predator,harrier,chopper) i usually go 30+ average with this.

Learn the recoil of different guns

Mess around with class combinations till you find the right one for you

Use common sense
Lets say your team has A while the other team have B and C.
Dont just rage quit start thinking e.g place claymores in the back exits get to spots to take out the enemies on their way.
If you have friends lock down the damn place all get in good spots to flank claymores c4 the other team wont stand a chance and youll be racking kills.

Dont always go for high streaks
High streaks just cause much fuss sometimes i use uav,counter uav,attack helicopter its easy to start the streak and the uav will help you all the way through the streak

And last have fun.
There's no point sitting in a corner the whole of match just to continue your streak just run out and get the kills if you die well just start again no harm in that more kills to add biggrin

ii M u D K ii P zz

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 pm
Sensitivity is great. Increase your sensitivity by 2 every few days. This helps you watch your own back. You can quickly turn around, check corner, etc.

Also if you have a controller that's broken in, you can use that to aim faster at long ranges. (Broken in is when the joystick wears out. It's broken in if you can push it slightly to the side, let go, and your guy slowly keeps spinning to that side.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:11 am
Well I'm surprised this hasn't been said, although I just scanned the other posts, really...

Play with friends.
I mean....you can play with random douches online, but I often get frustrated doing that if I'm trying to improve, and I'm really driven to gain levels and kick a**. Not only will you be able to play a better, more relaxed game with friends, but I think you'll also gain...personal experience? And actually beCOME a better player. You can learn from people who actually want to teach you without the hassle of "you suck" comments and "god, what a noob" comments from random assholes.

You don't want to be one of those people that in 8 years can brag about their 10th prestige because they played 12 hours a day for that long... In reality, anyone can get there with time. But gaining personal experience and really learning from people is what's going to make you a better player, I think.

Shoot, I'm sure there are people on here willing to actually play games with people who want to learn and somewhat..."tutor" them. I don't see myself as good enough to offer my services (or even have any services to offer haha...) but ask around, I'm sure you'll find helpful friends! You can read the words and hear people tell you how to get better, but I think what will helps the most is to...
Just play with friends.  

Aanika_Phaeton
Vice Captain

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Treythebest_11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:47 pm
ii M u D K ii P zz

No one gives a crap about KDR mines like 0.80(Blame ground war) and im 9th prestige.

What makes people think your a good player is the way you perform in public games.

Start learning the points on map where people past by most of the time.

Learn the art of spawn trapping or spawn killing.

Pump up your sensitivity to make reaction times faster.

Use killstreak to rack up kills(i would suggest predator,harrier,chopper) i usually go 30+ average with this.

Learn the recoil of different guns

Mess around with class combinations till you find the right one for you

Use common sense
Lets say your team has A while the other team have B and C.
Dont just rage quit start thinking e.g place claymores in the back exits get to spots to take out the enemies on their way.
If you have friends lock down the damn place all get in good spots to flank claymores c4 the other team wont stand a chance and youll be racking kills.

Dont always go for high streaks
High streaks just cause much fuss sometimes i use uav,counter uav,attack helicopter its easy to start the streak and the uav will help you all the way through the streak

And last have fun.
There's no point sitting in a corner the whole of match just to continue your streak just run out and get the kills if you die well just start again no harm in that more kills to add biggrin

Where did you get that signiture!!?? : o  
Help Thread - Online Gameplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces