Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Mini Sewing Machines? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mini Sewing Machine
Not worth the money.
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
Meh, they're okay, I guess.
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
A great thing to have.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I dunno, but I still want gold.
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 37

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:21 am
At Hobby Lobby they have small sewing machines, a bit smaller than a toaster, for "small projects". My mother says they're probably not worth the six bucks, but on the surface they hold so much appeal. After all, I don't make clothes and bags, I make four-inch tall plushies. Can anyone share experiences or opinions of mini sewing machines?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:49 am
srry i'd b no help caus i asked for a mini 1 4 Christmas and my mom got me a regular size one she said that my first sewing machine should b a real sewing machine and i heart my new sewing machine i wanna make one of those plushies but we dont have fabric or money to buy the rite faberic to make one  

i call p o l o

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:46 pm
ScribblerChrislea
At Hobby Lobby they have small sewing machines, a bit smaller than a toaster, for "small projects". My mother says they're probably not worth the six bucks, but on the surface they hold so much appeal. After all, I don't make clothes and bags, I make four-inch tall plushies. Can anyone share experiences or opinions of mini sewing machines?
Well, for six bucks, I'd sure give it a try. Especially since you make such small projects. After, its only six bucks. If you get one or two plushies out of it, it's paid for itself. Specially if you sell em ^_~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:07 am
I'd go for it if it was only six bucks, especially since you make plushies. I used to have one, but I never used it seeing as how I asked for a regular one, and I couldn't do what I wanted with the small one, but I finally got one this year. <3  

~neko neko kitty~

GoatSlayrr

Dapper Grabber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:36 am
I've never used one personally, but everyone I know who has hated them. From what I've heard, they work alright on lighter fabrics, but as the fabric you use gets heavier, they don't work as well.

That's what I hear anyway, but it's not like $6 is a huge investment.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:30 pm
ScribblerChrislea

Not those lil handheld ones, right? If so, those are horrid. I bought one, and it didn't work at all like it said it would.

I want THIS just to have a smaller machine to go in my room. Plus, adorable color! LOVE IT!  

hikikomorihime

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:35 am
goescrunch
I want THIS just to have a smaller machine to go in my room. Plus, adorable color! LOVE IT!

O,O If only that came in orange! heart

I had a sewing machine, and then one day I tripped over it and ever since then, it's been broken beyond comprehension. However, "That machine is brand new, there's no way it can be broken," and therefore my sewing escapades have ended. cry  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:50 am
Only $6? I'd just drop the money on it. I've taken greater risks than that.

At Hobby Lobby? When I go back to college, I think I just might have to stop in sometime and check it out. Not like they probably don't sell them here, either. xp  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:40 am
I'd try it for only six bucks, as long as its not one of those hand-held deals. I've heard that they just plain don't work.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:37 pm
You could probably sew paper on it .. remember .. you get what you pay for .. you buy a $6 machine .. that's what you get ... but, hey, it's your money!! wink  

QueenBea

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:15 am
ScribblerChrislea
goescrunch

O,O If only that came in orange! heart

I had a sewing machine, and then one day I tripped over it and ever since then, it's been broken beyond comprehension. However, "That machine is brand new, there's no way it can be broken," and therefore my sewing escapades have ended. cry
if its still under warranty the company will fix it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Yes, the hand held ones suck. The cute little 20-40 dollar ones aren't bad though. Unless you like to sew denim, vinyl, fur, and fleece like I do.  

Umberella

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:00 pm
My flatmate got one of those sewing machines about as big as your toaster and she can't use it 'cos its poo at sewing. She also got one of those hand held chain stitch things that everybody says don't work, and she insists that that works better.

mind you her one was cheap as, if you got one of the better quality ones it might be better.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:24 am
I never really seen a mini sewing machine up close before or even used one, but it kinda sounds of convient if in ur in the hospital and happen to be a crafter who can't seem to put the needle down. lol xd  

NightRainSpirit

ajazzydancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:05 pm
I prefer the regular sewing machines. the small ones arent always of good quality.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff