Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
OKFOLKS!!!IneedtomakeaPlanet![WITHREWARD] [HERES A PICTURE] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you help?
  YES~
  nah, I'll just comment
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:30 am
Let's just say, that I need advice from someone that has a good imagination and knows geography.

Basically I need a map of a planet.
NOT EARTH, but an alien world LIKE earth.

I need a detailed map that shows the shape and environments of all bodies of water and land.

Including: oceans, beaches, plains, Forests, Mountains, Volcanos, islands, archipelagos, atolls, marshes, lakes, rivers, valleys, canyons, waterfalls, caves, deserts, wastelands, cliffs, tundras, plateaus... (and so on)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/xwhateverxdudex/6d5f4vbs5d4gv.jpg
(copy this image and have fun doodling ^.^ )

You can use this as reference...
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/geography/landforms/glossary.shtml
As well as these...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_landforms
http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/types_of_land_2/index.html

NOTE: I'd do this myself, but I can never seem to get started.

Here's some usefull terms...
archipelago, arroyo, atoll, basin, bay, canyon, cape, cataract, channel, chasm, cliff, cordillera, crater, delta, depression, desert, divide, drainage, escarpment, estuary, fall line, fault, fiord, fissure, gap, geyser, glacier, gorge, gulf, highland, hot spring, iceberg, ice shelf, intermountain, island, isthmus, key, lagoon, lake, lava plain, marsh, mesa, mountain chain, mountain range, oasis, ocean, ocean trench, pass, peninsula, piedmont, plain, plateau, prairie, precipice, rapids, ravine, reef, river basin, river valley, sand bar, savanna, sea, sound, steppe, strait, swamp, tableland, tributary, valley, volcanic island, volcano
http://geology.com/geology-dictionary.shtml

I need an entire planet here. So it must include everything (or as much as possible) that can occur in nature.
Basically... draw a rough sketch and mark, "put what, where"
I'm doing this for the next RP. So I want there to be as much variaty in the detail as possible. And be so realistically placed, that it could occur on a real planet. And by that I mean... NO icebergs in the middle of a desert. (extreme example, I know)

It doesn't have to be realistic (graphically detailed), just realistically created (lots of things in appropriate locations according to latitude and longitude).
THERE WILL BE A REWARD FOR THE BEST MAP.
A 200,000 gold price tag minimum, has been suggested.
But keep in mind... I'll only pay for a map that I can use.
If I can't use it due to some geographic discrepancy,
then I won't "buy" it, and I'll be forced to continue searching.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:07 pm
If I can get my brain going I'll give it a go man but I suck at making maps I mean sketching it the placement of things and such I can do that but it looks like crap. *chuckles*

However, I'll give it a go if I can get to it. No promises though. ^_~  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:27 pm
Moonracer
If I can get my brain going I'll give it a go man but I suck at making maps I mean sketching it the placement of things and such I can do that but it looks like crap. *chuckles*

However, I'll give it a go if I can get to it. No promises though. ^_~

Actually, in my post I said... "It doesn't have to be realistic (graphically detailed), just realistically created (lots of things in appropriate locations according to latitude and longitude)."

So it doesn't really matter. As long as all the geographical details are placed right, I'm happy. It doesn't have to look pretty.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm
good luck with that.

My sister can do that.  

Sweetkitty

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:44 pm
THX

MR's offered...
Unless your sister wants to test her art skills too...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:52 pm
What the ******** ******** sorry for the strong language but when I finished reading that post I was like, damn that's a rather huge request.

I would take a stab at it, but with such limitations of realism and how it's based a lot on earth's realism, you're only gonna get a planet just like earth just... shaped... differently.

That's a lot of detail you want there too which I'm not sure is possible on a globally oriented map rather than a country-focused one.

Still, making one of these would be interesting... I'm interested in the fact that this is connected to a new RP. Er... this is an RP for this guild right?  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:58 pm
Iakun
What the ******** ******** sorry for the strong language but when I finished reading that post I was like, damn that's a rather huge request.

I would take a stab at it, but with such limitations of realism and how it's based a lot on earth's realism, you're only gonna get a planet just like earth just... shaped... differently.

That's a lot of detail you want there too which I'm not sure is possible on a globally oriented map rather than a country-focused one.

Still, making one of these would be interesting... I'm interested in the fact that this is connected to a new RP. Er... this is an RP for this guild right?

Meh, I've heard worse.
Anyway...
Similar climates are going to create similar environments, so with what I know about that, I can say that unless I want to completely redue all the enemy pictures that I've created (and I have 45) then I need something similar to earth.

I asked for alot of detail, because I need an entire planet.

LOL... Yes this IS an RP for this guild.
It's still going to take awhile though.
I still have to iron out all the descriptions.

Actually this concept was created quite some time ago, but the rules I had made were so complicated that even purple couldn't understand them. So it was put on the back burner until I had new inspiration.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:51 pm
You're going through all this effort for a RP? I have to say, I'm impressed. Most RP's I see online seem like they're half-assedly put together. This actually makes me kind of excited. It sounds like you're building up a whole proper world for this. I might even participate! xd

edit: I'm gonna take a stab at this globe.

edit 2: I've got the outlining done but... gosh... to put so much detail into this thing, I mean all these landforms and water bodies for an entire planet... and I've only created ONE side of the planet so far lol Does this really have to be that super detailed?

edit 3: Here's what I've got so far. sweatdrop
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9434/dudeplanet.jpg  

Iakun

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:44 pm
dudex: yeah but she is on vacation for her spring break.

Iakun: it is nice  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:11 pm
That's cool, Iakun! surprised  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:40 pm
Iakun
You're going through all this effort for a RP? I have to say, I'm impressed. Most RP's I see online seem like they're half-assedly put together. This actually makes me kind of excited. It sounds like you're building up a whole proper world for this. I might even participate! xd

edit: I'm gonna take a stab at this globe.

edit 2: I've got the outlining done but... gosh... to put so much detail into this thing, I mean all these landforms and water bodies for an entire planet... and I've only created ONE side of the planet so far lol Does this really have to be that super detailed?

edit 3: Here's what I've got so far. sweatdrop
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9434/dudeplanet.jpg

LOL, glad I got your attention.
But truth be told, I can't draw worth crap.
So all my character pictures are just differently dressed stick figures. (hope that doesn't dissapoint you too much)

Yes it has to be, I need to know where the monsters are going to be, and some of them are elemental.

O_O
WOW, very nice!
I say that you've got the land mass down perfect.
Now all you need is to mark the location of the geographical features. (volcanos, mountains, rivers, gorges, plataeus, lakes, caves, etc...)

Looks like MR has a run for her money.
Literally ^.^

With detail this nice, I might just UP the reward money... O_O

Sweetkitty
dudex: yeah but she is on vacation for her spring break.

Iakun: it is nice

OK, then... LOL  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 pm
Like I said, I can't draw worth crap.

To give everyone an example...

I present to you the "Evil Stick Master" and "Good King Sticky"

User Image

I hope this doesn't dissapoint anyone too much.
(though some of my other creations are MUCH better looking)  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 pm
I took a bit of a break from creating that planet lol I'm gonna try and complete the side I started this week. Then next week I'll try and do the other side of the planet.

Also about the stick figures... I swear those kings must be twins. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:28 pm
Well I did create most of the characters off of the same blueprint "BASE-FILE".
So most of the humanoid ones look like siblings.

ALSO like I said...
"I hope this doesn't dissapoint anyone too much"  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm
Dude, I was teasing. lol  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers