Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:06 am
How did you catch your legendary pokemon and which do you think was the most epic.

In pokemon saphire I used a master ball to catch Kyogre.

In pokemon emerald I used a master ball to catch Latias

and what was the most epic was when in pokemon diamond I caught Dialga in a Timer ball.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:46 am
CardcaptorNicole
How did you catch your legendary pokemon and which do you think was the most epic.

In pokemon saphire I used a master ball to catch Kyogre.

In pokemon emerald I used a master ball to catch Latias

and what was the most epic was when in pokemon diamond I caught Dialga in a Timer ball.
I catch just about all my legendaries with a timer ball
its x8 effectivness after 30 turns. while ultraball is x3 forever.

and 30 turns goes by fast when your constently using falseswipe and spore/sing.  

Mr Popo in your mouth

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:45 am
I want people to share stories of how they caught their legendary pokemon.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:42 pm
Usually, I just chuck Master Balls at everything. Half the time I'm looking for a certain nature, so I don't want to spend 15+ minutes each time having to whittle down its HP and whatnot.

But some stories:

» In Platinum, I was stocked with 30something Ultra Balls when I went to go catch Giratina. She busted out of all 30something three times. At the fourth time, I just gave up and chucked the Master Ball at her.

» In HG, I went to battle Ho-Oh with every intention of just using a Master Ball on him (since I kinda wanted a Serious Natured one), but I really really liked Ho-Oh's battle music. So I thought I'd just waste some time battling him so I could listen to the music and once the first loop was over, I'd chuck the Master Ball. Well, by the time I got Ho-Oh down to the red, the first loop still wasn't over, so I decided to waste more time throwing out my stock of Ultra Balls. The bird was just going to bust out of them anyway. First Ultra Ball shook once before Ho-Oh broke out. No surprise. I threw the second ball. Shook once. Twice. Three times. CLICK. I had caught him on the second Ultra Ball of my first try. And the first music loop still wasn't over.

» In HG, I went to go catch Articuno. Similar story to Ho-Oh's, in that I decided to waste some time first. Got him Paralyzed and down in the red, then started chucking Ultra Balls. I wasn't quite paying attention, since I was watching The Fast and Furious as well. But with my very first Ultra Ball on my very first try, I caught Articuno. I was a bit surprised, since I'm so used to legendaries fighting tooth and claw and busting out of most of my Ball stock. :|

I also never once caught the beast trio in Gold or Silver (never once came across Suicune in Gold), but encountered and caught them easily in Crystal. My kid self was certain that they made it easier in Crystal.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:44 pm
My most memorable was Groudon with a Pokeball.
We'll just skip to the good part.
Groudon was in the red health, I only have one pokemon left. (Lucky for me, it was Shuckle) Lvl 70 Groudon decides to solar beam the shuck out of my poor lvl 40 Shuckle, but survives out of pure awesomeness.
Shuckle uses Rest,
Groudon Uses rest.
I was basically positive I wouldn't catch it this time, considering that Toxic is just about as useless as a bag of fluff when trying to catch Legendaries. I'm all out of Ultra balls, but instead of resetting, I Chuck a Pokeball for shits&Giggles. First ball thrown, whatdoyaknow.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:07 am
Legendaries <3

In Yellow, I caught Mewtwo with a Master Ball. I was still new in Pokemon games (kinda) and I didn't know I could do with an Ultra Ball and some good moves.

In Ruby, I caught all three Regis with Ultra Balls. I remember cracking the cave codes myself. Ah, the memories.
Also in Ruby - before the game lost info AND stopped saving - I caught Latias (or was it Latios?!) with a Master Ball because I was afraid I would never come across that one again.

Now, in Platinum, I caught Giratina with an Ultra Ball after a bunch of tries. Gotta admit, it wasn't that hard.

I have yet to catch Azelf, Uxie and the ever-escaping Mesprit. I caught a Golbat with Mean Look just to catch it.

Venom The Hellraiser

Dapper Millionaire

10,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:30 am
In pokemon HG I caught Ho-oh with a master ball.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:53 pm
I believe I caught Zapdos with a great ball back in Blue version.  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

gym leader luna

Lonely Star

14,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:18 pm
The method I took in capturing Mesprit in Diamond was very very long and tedious and roundabout. Let's just say it involved lots of trial and error, distractions, and failure.

The best part is that after I caught it, it went on the GTS in favor of Uxie.

Aside from that though, I usually have some weird kind of luck when catching legendaries in that it doesn't take much effort at all? Well, okay, when I went to catch Lugia in SS I stalled him out of PP the first time, but the second time he was caught with the second ball.

Usually I only need a few Ultra/Dark balls to catch them? Idek. I've reset for natures/genders (hurrhurr I wanted a female Heatran in Platinum) a few times, but apart from that I don't really do anything special.

I distinctly remember catching Darkrai in Plat with only a few balls, if not one. And then I shat a brick.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:44 pm
after years of trying in red/blue/yellow/fr/lg/hg/ss
I successfully caught mewtwo first turn with a pokeball while still full heath. no game shark. just turned on fire red faced mewtwo threw pokeball. escaped. soft reset. Until I finally caught him.

one childhood dream accomplished  

Mr Popo in your mouth

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:26 pm
I said, "******** it" and Masterball'd it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:13 am
I usually just use Ultra balls to catch my legendary Pokemon.  

Dragon Queen Tiamat

Venom The Hellraiser

Dapper Millionaire

10,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:16 am
I forgot to mention in Yellow, I caught the legendary birds with Ultra Balls. I'd usually put them to sleep or paralyze them for better results.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 am
I just caught Ho-oh with a Friend Ball in HG. I'd just run out of ultra-balls, and it was already asleep and at 1 HP thanks to false swipe, and was considering re-setting, as I had 1 pokemon left and I didn't want to use the master ball, but decided to try using the lesser balls. chose the friend ball first because it has no special advantages I could take advantage of later, like a net ball or dark ball would... and it caught it! xd

It was only the 2nd try too, and the first one I got it down to 1 HP and asleep without it killing my Parasect who has the false swipe and spore (I do use the others to soften it up first), so I only had to re-set once. whee

Now I have a Ho-oh that heart 's me! xd  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Tsume_Azuna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:44 pm
BACK after forever of inactivity in this guild... Anyway, on a more topic related note...

I don't have any epic stories to tell of my memory, granted it's 1:43 in the morning, and I usually catch legendaries with Ultra Balls or a Master Ball if I don't feel like messing with it like I did with Ho-Oh in HG. Moltres in HG was HORRIBLE. I spent two hours resetting trying to catch it, said eff it and went to sleep. Then I woke up the next morning and tried to catch it, and it worked on the first try. Wtf, Moltres... Wtf...

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff