Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: New Age of the Four Nations

Back to Guilds

An Avatar: The Last Airbender role-playing guild for AVATARDS! 

Tags: Avatar, Airbending, Firebending, Waterbending, Earthbending 

Reply Earth Kingdom
Great Divide Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blaise1897
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:35 pm
‎The Great Divide can be crossed in about a full day if one has an expert guide. Some believe that the canyon was a natural result of millions of years of erosion, while local belief holds that the canyon was first formed by angered Earth Spirits who lacked proper sacrifices from local farmers. The canyon is home to various insects and omnivorous arachnoid creatures, mostly those known as Canyon Crawlers.

The creatures possess a superior sense of smell and will attack passerby if they are carrying food. The single way down the canyon is by a narrow path along the sheer cliff wall. The canyon itself is wrought with missing sections of wall and spontaneous avalanches. It is therefore essential to be crossed only with the aid of the Earthbender guide, who is familiar with the secrets of the canyon and is able to re-construct or de-construct sections of the trail.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 am
User Image
Lu "Xian" Shang, The Earthbound Immortal

Xian ran along the edges of the large canyons. "So much for having a guide." He jumped from the edge and slid down to the bottom of the canyon. "Now where are those beasts." Xian prepared as a group of Canyon Crawlers surrounded him. They were huge and ugly. Perfect test subjects for his new sword style. "Let's go." He threw an egg custard tart into the air before performing a series of acrobatic tricks. "It's show time!"

He shifted into an afterimage as he slashed through all of the huge insects with his longsword. Xian hit every single receiving only a slight bruise from a mid-strike slip up. With expert timing and precession, he landed with enough time to catch and eat the egg custard tart. When he left, there was only a trail of bodies behind as he continued through the canyon bottom.  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Gods Brother

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:01 pm
kogai flys by on firebending and sees xian fighting the earth crawlers and flys down"hello!!???"

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:51 am
((Just so you know, you're not allowed to rp until you are accepted first, but I'm letting you get away with this one cause Xian hasn't been accepted by my superior either. XD So for future knowledge you now know.))

User Image

Xian looked up at the firebender flying. "Hello?!" O.o He stared in amazement as he had never seen any other firebender do such a thing. Not even his teacher never did that. Or at least he didn't think so. Could this guy be on a whole new level of mastery. "Since when could firebenders fly?"  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Gods Brother

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:22 pm
"well...........i had to practice for a long time before i could fly long distances using firebending..."kogai explained  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:46 pm
User Image

"Hmm....I wonder if Master Typhoon could do that." He whispered to himself. "So what brings you around here stranger?" Xian placed his sword back into its sheath.  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Gods Brother

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:46 pm
"well.......i got bored hanging around west sky's ship.......so i got bored and wanted to see the great divide..by the way im kogai.........and you are?"kogai asked and explained  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 pm
User Image

"West Sky's Ship?" He pondered a while before snapping to reality. "Oh. I'm Lu Shang, but some call me Xian." Xian looked around for any signs of movement. "So you just decided to visit the great Divide without a guide? Risky move."  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Gods Brother

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:50 pm
"i have prcticed firebending my whole life...........im on an expert level of firebending...........so........i wanted a challenge"kogai said while shrugging  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:38 pm
User Image

"Well. That sounds familiar." Xian sat on a rock. "I myself have practiced Chibending for almost all my life. I'm suppose to be a master at it now according to my teacher Ryuko Typhoon, but I doubt that." He stared at his right hand, watching as it trembled from the excitement. "I too came here for the challenge."  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Gods Brother

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:20 am
"yes.......but these pathetic insects are nothing compared to us...."kogai said strangely  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:58 pm
User Image

"It would surely seem that way. Maybe today's generations are just stronger than they were all those years ago." Xian laid against a rock, finding comfort on their rigid surface. "So...what's there to do now?"  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Gods Brother

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:16 am
"hmm...im not sure....we could search for more canyon crawlers?"kogai suggested  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:20 pm
User Image

"That works for me." Xian hopped up and began walking around. "First we need bait to attract them with...Got any food? They seem to favor custard tarts. Not sure why."  

Taigamma
Vice Captain

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Gods Brother

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:52 pm
"actually i have one on me"kogai said before waving it around in the air but nothing happened  
Earth Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff