Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
PSP? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Preference
  Consoles
  Handhelds
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 pm
I wonder if I should get a PSP. I have all the other consoles/handhelds. I've got the PS3, 360, Wii, DS... I'm just missing the PSP! I'm primarily a jrpg gamer. It's a struggle just to TRY something that's not a jrpg. So I wonder if I can even find any good jrpgs for the PSP. I have a couple in mind, and I also have reason to believe that a new jrpg I'm waiting for may also be released for the PSP. BAH....

What does everyone here prefer: consoles or handhelds?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:51 pm
In my oppinion, handhelds were invented for people on the go.
If you don't travel alot, or can't find a console version of a game that's connected to another game you already have, then it won't see much play time.

Plus, I talked to one guy that had a PSP, and he said that they're always scratching their disks, even if you don't shake it.

But in the end, it's your choice.

After all...
If you don't get a system because of "that one game", and then just get other games later... You might never get anything at all.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 pm
I know a guy who says the PSPs have a major problem with screen pixels dying. But I guess every system has its problems.

Personally, I prefer consoles just because I have bad eyesight. Using a full-size TV is so much easier on my eyes than squinting at a four-inch screen. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:44 am
Now if portables had connectors to attach them to larger screens, then that would solve that problem.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:09 pm
Except that would make them not-so-portable. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 pm
LOL

True, but what do you want?

Making the screen bigger, would make them not so portable too.  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:02 pm
Well you can plug the psp up to the Ps3. Don't now if you can see the games displayed on the tv though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 pm
There was another handheld that allowed you to connect to a bigger screen the Gameboy Advanced could connect to the TV for a few things.

I have a PSP granted not for a long time but I've had it for awhile and the pixels are fine for me and my games don't get scratched. I hate the PSP GO version I rather have the game disk rather then having to download my games.

However, I'm with Dude, unless really there ARE gameS you must have on the PSP then I say it isn't worth it. I've found a few games on the handheld that I very much enjoy. I've yet to really see any JRPG games for it though so I'd say it's not worth it bro.

I like the handhelds simply for when I go on trips or I'm going to be out away from the house doing things that force me to wait in lines for hours or simply waiting for hours for something. It's a nice way to pass the time rather then the necklace Rubix Cube I have. sweatdrop Honestly though if you only want a handheld for one game it's not worth it even if it's two games now if you can find at least 5 games and will play it a lot or have a use for it then I say go for it, but I remember you saying that you don't like handhelds bro so I say save your money.

My friend also has a PSP and she doesn't have any problems with the pixels either and she's even harder on it then I am on mine. She likes that it is basically a handheld PS3. She likes the fact she can watch movies on it, the controls are like any PS controls so not hard to get use to, and like me she's never had a problem with the disks getting scratched. (Dude maybe your friend, or whoever, game holder is bent. Might be something to look into.)  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:56 pm
It wouldn't be too hard for them to have it connect to a TV.
Especially sence almost everything has USB ports these days.

If I ever get a PSP, it'll be because of "Crisis Core" ^.^
Heck I got a DS because of "Kim Possible"
(other games just followed)

I would have searched for a GBA, but I wanted the option to get next-gen games too (without buying another system), and at the time DS's were still backwards compatable.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:56 pm
Sis, you know that if Persona 5 comes out on PSP I'm gonna get it right? I have to say, for almost every console I've ever owned there's always been ONE game that pushed me to get that console. I don't have the money to have too many games per console anyway so even if I just have one or 2 it's still some enjoyment for me.

The PS2 was an exception. In its twilight years, games were super cheap which is why I was able to afford to try so many lol

I only have 1 PS3 game. I have no idea when I'm gonna get another. I also only have 1 Wii game though hopefully The Last Story will turn out nicely. Oh you should check out the official site, they finally have artwork of the 2 main characters. I think the guy's sexy. *blush*  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:38 pm
I only have 1 ps3 game as well.

But I use my ps3 to play my ps2 games.
PS1 games have to be played on the ps2
and my ps1 is so old that I dare not put too much stress on it for fear it might brake on me.

I'd play my ps1 games on my ps3 as well, but alot of them won't play right.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:32 pm
My PS3 slim only plays the ps1 games as far as backwards compatibility goes. But that's ok cuz I still have my ps2 hooked up. I'm so disappointed in jrpgs this gen... I've got all the new gen consoles and even ff13 turned out to be a "whaaaaaaaaaaaatthehell" game.  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm
Dude: I've got "Crisis Core" for the PSP and I'm working on it when I have time. It's a good game and so far what little bit I've played I enjoyed it I think it's worth the buy.

Bro: Hey that's your choice I was just saying. *nods* That is true with me too ya know one game has pushed me to get the console like for the PS3 there is "Folklore" and "Final Fantasy XIII Versus" those two games alone will be worth getting a PS3 for me, but it can wait. My thing is I guess is that at least there are two or a second one out there that caught my interest or I knew I'd want to play or whatever. But what am I saying I bought a Play Station for "Chrono Cross" alone. *shrugs*

Anyway, I say do what you want if you like it get it if not then don't worry about it.

As for the Wii and "Last Story" that is looking like a good game but I've got another one I'm keeping an eye on and can't wait till it's released for the Wii...at least I think it's for the Wii...I'll have to look back into it. Anyway, sometimes you find a good one sometimes you don't it's just a hit and miss like so many other things.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 am
I hate it when they take backwards compatability out of a system.
Totally messes with the setup.
I also hate it when they try to use an emulator software instead of the actual hardware. They suck.

Lets see.
I got the "Sega Genesis" because of "Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition"

I got the "Playstation" because of "Jurassic Park: The Lost World"

I got the "PS2" because of "Oni"

I got the "DS" because of "Kim Possible: Revenge of Monkey Fist"

I got the "PS3" because of... ... ...
Oh yeah, I remember now. I got it to play "Jak2" and "Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness" - Because those 2 PS2 games had glitches SOO bad, they needed the next-gen system just to get through them.
(And then I wanted "Heavenly Sword" )  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:11 pm
I got the first playstation because of... actually I don't remember what made me want to get it. I bet it was Final Fantasy though. I got the PS2 because of FFX. I got the Wii because of Zelda: Twilight Princess or whatever but ended up not liking the game. sweatdrop

My sister got me the 360 because at the time there were a few rpgs coming out. I got the DS way back when for Pokemon. And finally I got the PS3 for FFXIII.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff