Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Cid Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smileycentralme
Captain

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:29 pm
I know this is random, but lets name all of the Cid roles in the different FFs

Cid is uber awesome!

Write what you think of Cid, and his roles here!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 pm
Cid is a character who appears, or is at least mentioned, in all Final Fantasy installments since Final Fantasy II. Although he is rarely the same age, and never the same individual in each of the main series, he is usually presented as an owner, creator, and/or pilot of airships and provides transportation to the main characters and their party members at various points of the game. In the second game, he has a friendly relationship with a woman named Hilda; he also has a close relationship with a woman of the same name in the ninth and eleventh installments.

Cid does not appear in the original Nintendo Entertainment System version of Final Fantasy, but he is retroactively inserted in subsequent versions (from Final Fantasy Origins onwards), where he is mentioned as the creator of the party's airship. This Cid (known as Cid of the Lufaine) becomes more involved in Dissidia: Final Fantasy, serving as the game's non-physical narrator and dear friend of Cosmos.

In Final Fantasy II, Cid is a non-playable character and a freelance airship pilot. Cid reappears in the "Soul of Rebirth" section of the Dawn of Souls and 20th Anniversary versions, which takes place during the final parts of the main game. Cid also appears in Final Fantasy III as Cid Haze, a non-playable character.

The Super Nintendo installments feature Cid in a greater role. In Final Fantasy IV, Cid Pollendina is a playable character, the first playable Cid in the Final Fantasy games. In Final Fantasy V, Cid Previa is a non-playable character and elderly inventor. In the original video animation sequel to Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals, the late Cid's brain has been stolen by Ra Devil to be used in the villain's plans. Lastly, in Final Fantasy VI, Cid del Norte Marguez is a non-player character who is a researcher for the Empire and the adoptive grandfather of playable character Celes Chere.

In Final Fantasy VII, Cid Highwind is a spear-wielding main character and an airship pilot. He also appears in the game's prequel Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII and the sequels Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. This version also appears in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II with an alternate version of Highwind. A memory version appears in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and its PS2 remake.

In Final Fantasy VIII, Cid Kramer is a non-playable character and the headmaster of Balamb Garden, which, at one point in the game, turns into an airship. He is the husband of Edea Kramer, who appears initially as the antagonist of the game.

In Final Fantasy IX, Cid Fabool is the ruler of Lindblum and is playable in a small sequence on Disc 3. He is also married to Hilda. Appropriately, his full name was "Cid Fabool the 9th". He designed two airships that the party uses throughout the game (both of which are named after his wife), and plays an important political and personal role in relation to various other characters in the game. In the epilogue, he and Hilda adopt Eiko, much to Eiko's delight.

In Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, Cid is the leader of the Al Bhed tribe, the father of Rikku and Brother, and Yuna's uncle. He is the captain of the first game's only airship, but he was not the creator of the machine; rather, he led the Al Bhed in restoring a broken airship that had sunk to the bottom of the sea.

In Final Fantasy XI, Cid is featured prominently in the world of Vana'diel as a non-playable character. He is the chief engineer of Bastok who created the airships.

Final Fantasy XII is notable for being both the first FF with more than one Cid, and the first in which Cid is a villain. Doctor Cidolfus Demen Bunansa is a non-playable character as an enemy boss (also a first for the series). He is the father of the sky pirate, Balthier, a playable character. There is also a character by the name of Al-Cid Margrace, who is the heir of Rozarria and friend of Larsa. It should be noted, though, that the former is the more prominent "Cid" of the game, while the latter shares less significance to the story.

Final Fantasy XIII continues the portrayal of a villainous Cid in the form of Cid Raines, who is the youngest Cid to appear in the main game series.

The name Cid also appears in Final Fantasy games outside the main series. In Final Fantasy Tactics, Cidolfas Orlandu is a playable character, a powerful general described as the only man that Ramza Beoulve's father, Balbanes, could truly trust. His stat growth, in comparison to other characters in the game, is immense and often disproportionate. Meanwhile, an optional side task that can be taken by members of Ramza's party involves raising a sunken ship named theHighwind.

In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Cid Randell is the leader of the Judges who uphold law in the game's world Ivalice, and can be acquired as a player character. In the spin-off, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, there is a different playable character named Cid, who belongs to the race of Revgaji (the first clearly non-human Cid in the series) and is the leader of the Clan Gully. Al-Cid from Final Fantasy XII also returned in Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

Cid also appears in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (as Dr. Sid), Final Fantasy: Unlimited (as the first youthful Cid in the entire series), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (as Mogcid), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (as Professor Cid), Chocobo Racing,Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, Treasure of the Rudras, and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (as Ducktor Cid).

Snowpaya

Fallen Guildsman

10,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:31 am
Silver Ark
Cid is a character ...

The question is "What do you think of Cid?", not "What can you Copy & Paste from Wiki?"

I liked Cid from FF9. The guy was an oglop for most of the game, but he was awesome with it. I especially loved the part when you had to sneak him, oglop-style, past the monster to the cage.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:50 pm
krozza
Silver Ark
Cid is a character ...

The question is "What do you think of Cid?", not "What can you Copy & Paste from Wiki?"

I liked Cid from FF9. The guy was an oglop for most of the game, but he was awesome with it. I especially loved the part when you had to sneak him, oglop-style, past the monster to the cage.

The first sentence she wrote was, "I know this is random, but lets name all of the Cid roles in the different FFs."  

Snowpaya

Fallen Guildsman

10,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

smileycentralme
Captain

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:52 pm
its okay, lol
I wanted to know your feelings and thoughts about the roles that Cid has, but now that you have posted all the roles, its good so people can have a reference now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:27 pm
I gotta say, Robin Williams Cid Kramer was my favourite.

I mean, hell, he made a military academy to go versus his wife. ^^  

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Lyrrien

Sparkly Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:56 pm
Cid Highwind from FF7 was my favorite.
He was almost as hot as Al-Cid from 12...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 am
-Only-Falling-Star-
I gotta say, Robin Williams Cid Kramer was my favourite.

I mean, hell, he made a military academy to go versus his wife. ^^

LoL! Though my favorite would be Cidolfus Orlandaeu.  

Oblivious Mischief
Crew

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100

sieunijefnvoeiurnb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:03 pm
My thoughts on all the Cids I know

FF7: Cid highwind is pretty cool

FF8: Headmaster cid was one of the worst Cids

FF10: Not a huge fan of this Cid... definitely not the coolest al bhed either

FF12: Cid raynes is pretty cool at first but then turns kind of crazy and attacks and I like crazy people so Cid Raynes is awesome

FF spirits within: My favorite Cid... and oddly I had the same sort of theories before even watching the movie...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:14 pm
Crazyscarecrow

FF13: Cid Raines is pretty cool at first but then turns kind of crazy and attacks and I like crazy people so Cid Raines is awesome

FF spirits within: My favorite Cid... and oddly I had the same sort of theories before even watching the movie...

Thar. All better. razz  

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:35 pm
well hm..i have only played FFX and FFX-2 and FF1 xD i havn't really played enough in any other game to really notice lol but in FFX i hate him lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:09 pm
-Only-Falling-Star-
Crazyscarecrow

FF13: Cid Raines is pretty cool at first but then turns kind of crazy and attacks and I like crazy people so Cid Raines is awesome

Thar. All better. razz

Spelling Nazi...  

sieunijefnvoeiurnb

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:31 pm
Crazyscarecrow
-Only-Falling-Star-
Crazyscarecrow

Thar. All better. razz

Spelling Nazi...

I'm an Editor for a reason, my friend. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:44 pm
Lol...  

sieunijefnvoeiurnb

Arikaz

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:52 am
Well let's see here...

FFIV Cid- He was cool simply because he was the first playable Cid. I always thought he looked like a hairy lil gnome though heh.

FFVI Cid- Even though he wasn't a playable character, he still played a fairly important part in the game. Also, I found it amusing that you end up either saving or letting him die. Talk about interaction. wink

FFVII Cid- first of all, I like that he shares the same last name as Kain From FFIV. Inconsequential maybe, but it still tickles my fancy. Next, I $#%^ing love how he swears like a sailor! He has that tough guy appeal to him as well.

FFVIII Cid- Such a tragic guy. Knowing that he had to train the instruments of his own wife's destruction. Obviously things didn't go as badly as all that, but you hafta wonder how many years he had that thought weighing on his mind.

FFIX Cid- ooglop goodness! Also, let's not forget that he hired thieves to kidnap his niece for her protection! If that's not love, then I dunno what is! xd

FFX & X-2 Cid-Bald! I like how he was trying to save summoners... Eh I can't think of much else that makes him stand out.

FFXII Cid- Evil!! First evil Cid! Gotta love it!

FFXIII Cid- Pretty boy Cid. I enjoyed his character, found him to be quite honorable.

Well that's all the Cid's I found to be noteworthy, let the Cid's continue on!! blaugh  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff