[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:12 pm
As we all know, legendary Pokémon such as Ho-Oh and Kyogre are supposedly genderless and can't bred, right? That there's no more than one of each legendary, bar maybe Mew?

Wrong!

arrow Did you know that, in the Pokémon animated series, there's actually THREE Lugias?

Now, I know what you're thinking.... "Great.. Alexa's at it again.. What 'shrooms is she on NOW?", right? Well, for one, I'm not on anything right now and two, I've given this a lot of thought. Allow me to explain.

Alright, let's start off from the point when Lugia first appeared, in Pokémon 2000. We all agree that that Lugia had to have been a guy, right, as it had a masculine voice? I mean, in the anime, females always have high-pitched voices.

Next, for those of you who watch the series, there was a two-part episode where Silver the baby Lugia was kidnapped by Team Rocket and it was up to Ash, Richie and company to save it. Now, towards the end of the second episode, momma Lugia comes to save her baby, but ends of going beserk and almost kills Ash and them. Now pause. Rewind. There! TWO Lugias! Mommy Lugia and Baby Lugia.

Now, I seriously doubt Lugias are asexual, so in order for a baby Lugia to exist, wouldn't there have to be a Daddy Lugia as well?

Exactly.

And there you have it. My theory on there being three Lugias in the Pokémon world instead for one.

Now, what about YOU guys? Do you agree with me and my logic? Why or why not? Agree or ELSE. :K

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:16 pm
i've been pondering that for the longest theres silver the baby,the 2000 lugia whos obviously a boy and the mommy of silver  

lil mo 04

Namagoroshi_Okibi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:19 pm
I aggree with you fully.
Also...I dont know if what I say is true...but I believe on the end of Pokémon 4ever (I think that the right one) they also show many Celebis so there are defentally more than one of those.

(I may not be right about this...I only the end of the movie once and I was kindda sick and half asleep at the time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:23 pm
Taiyoukai_Okibi
I aggree with you fully.
Also...I dont know if what I say is true...but I believe on the end of Pokémon 4ever (I think that the right one) they also show many Celebis so there are defentally more than one of those.

(I may not be right about this...I only the end of the movie once and I was kindda sick and half asleep at the time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Don't look at me to do that. I haven't even seen 4E.  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:36 pm
Alexa-sama
Taiyoukai_Okibi
I aggree with you fully.

YOU HAVE TO SEE IT! There's a huge twist. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:40 pm
Fox Demon Shippo
Alexa-sama
Taiyoukai_Okibi
I aggree with you fully.

Celebi gets captured, turned dark, tries to kill everyone, and it's up to Suicune to save the day?

Is THAT the twist?

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Andy1989

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:52 pm
Alexa-sama
Fox Demon Shippo
Alexa-sama
Taiyoukai_Okibi
I aggree with you fully.

Celebi gets captured, turned dark, tries to kill everyone, and it's up to Suicune to save the day?

Is THAT the twist?
Don't look at me...I haven't seen it either... xp

And maybe the Lugia are like Sea Horses...Where the male carries the baby and takes care of it...And the Lugia hooked up with a Ditto. They good mate with almost everything in Gold/Silver/Crystal.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:46 pm
>.>;;; I think the one of a kind thing is taken too far. I think they are only one if a kind as in, only one as been seen and is possible to catch.  

Icysnowgirl

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:52 pm
anything below a thousand is pretty much considered rare.

Yeah leave the Lugia family alone.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:00 am
In the case of Lugia that was the show taking liberties. However, in the case of Celebi they were all the same one, Celebi, being a time traving pokémon, traveled through time to save itself from a bunch of different times, talk about what came first chicken or the egg. I would assume that the legendaries are capable of breeding in the wild, just will not breed for trainers with the exceptions of Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Mewtwo. Due to the first three essentially being some sort of gods, and mewtwo being genetically engineered. Moltres and Ho-Oh might also be unable to breed but might be like Phoenix's are in stories, immolating and becoming a new baby when they die. The reason so many are genderless is because they are resistant to the attract techniques of pokémon that are not the exact same species there is only one known, and they have not been observed breeding. This would explain the genderless bit and the rarity as well because they would have to breed with another of the same species rather than just within their egg group. It could also be that they are mutations of other pokemon, for instance, Zapdos looks like it could be a Fearow related pokemon. The real reason for the legendaries to be unbreedable is to keep the game challenging so it isn't easy to have a team of 6 mewtwos or raquazas. And to make it seem more special to have one.  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:19 am
Good anwser, totally beats uhhh they got neutered by a poacher before you caught them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:37 pm
Inazuman Frash
anything below a thousand is pretty much considered rare.

Yeah leave the Lugia family alone.

Toko Ojin
In the case of Lugia that was the show taking liberties. However, in the case of Celebi they were all the same one, Celebi, being a time traving pokémon, traveled through time to save itself from a bunch of different times, talk about what came first chicken or the egg. I would assume that the legendaries are capable of breeding in the wild, just will not breed for trainers with the exceptions of Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Mewtwo. Due to the first three essentially being some sort of gods, and mewtwo being genetically engineered. Moltres and Ho-Oh might also be unable to breed but might be like Phoenix's are in stories, immolating and becoming a new baby when they die. The reason so many are genderless is because they are resistant to the attract techniques of pokémon that are not the exact same species there is only one known, and they have not been observed breeding. This would explain the genderless bit and the rarity as well because they would have to breed with another of the same species rather than just within their egg group. It could also be that they are mutations of other pokemon, for instance, Zapdos looks like it could be a Fearow related pokemon. The real reason for the legendaries to be unbreedable is to keep the game challenging so it isn't easy to have a team of 6 mewtwos or raquazas. And to make it seem more special to have one.

Aiyee! No need to get mad at or technical with me!

This wasn't meant to be taken very seriously! sweatdrop It was just a thought that popped into my head long, long ago and I decided it would be entertaining to post...
whee  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Trumpster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:52 pm
Alexa-sama
Taiyoukai_Okibi
I aggree with you fully.

Don't ask me, my girlfriend wanted to watch it but I was too busy watching her. wink I don't remember more than one but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:00 pm
Trumpster
Alexa-sama
Taiyoukai_Okibi
I aggree with you fully.

Don't ask me, my girlfriend wanted to watch it but I was too busy watching her. wink I don't remember more than one but I'm not sure.

xd

*Looks at her poll* stare I'm NOT smoking anything! This time.  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Trumpster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:01 pm
I'd say ther are families of legendary pokemon. I wouldn't believe they are immortal. It's just they are rare and live in places where few people go. they are almost never seen and most likely only one is seen at a time, or the trainer is so impressed at seeing one, he doesn't notice the kids following behind. wink

think of the simple little bug on the original pokemon game. after you had caught articuno you could still see it flying round when you went to a certain lookout tower. was it a bug, or a hint at the truth? xd  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff