Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Bulletstorm Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New FPS coming out next year.
  Actually looks kinda interesting.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:41 pm
But I have to tell you about this hilarious technique in the game. 'K, there's, like, 100 different skill shots, right? One of them is called the Mercy shot, and it gives you the highest skill shot score in the game (+100). It involves shooting some guy in the nuts, then blowing his head off. WTF? xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:59 am
The mercy part is the killing him afterward part.
stare

And hopefully it's done quickly...
poor guy crying

Frankly It's not "hilarious" in the slitest.
Anyone that thinks a guy getting hit in the nuts is funny,
is [messed up] in the head.
(I was going to type something else there, you guess what it was)
evil  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 am
I knew you were gonna be oversensitive about this.

I meant it was hilarious that the game designers (all men, btw) would come up with something like that. I mean, seriously, how do you develop an idea like that? Imagine the meeting in the brainstorming room: "Hey, let's have a special technique where the player (who's probably a guy) plays this guy who shoots this other guy in the nuts!" rofl I guess it went over well, or it wouldn't be in the game. Still, it's one of those WTF moments. Of course, these are probably the same guys who invented in-game tea-bagging, so maybe that explains it. xp

I'm sure there are lots of guys out there who will think doing it is funny. Personally, it's not the first option in my head when I'm playing a shooting game. I usually try for head or heart shots. I mean, you've got a gun, for Zeus' sake. xp When did "shoot to maim" become the goal? confused

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:43 am
I'm not being oversensitive about the issue.

I have nuts, you don't...
You have now idea what it's like for a guy to get hit there.
I have, though not too hard, and it still hurt.

You wanna talk about games promoting conceps of doing things in the real world as ok, what about this. It creates the concept that it's all fun and games, but it's not. (interesting how "feminists" always fight what they don't like under the cover of equality, but don't give a rats A** about negative stereo types on guys - how is that equal)

As for the creators, there just F'ing retards.

(and THAT is what an "oversensitive" post looks like)  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:04 pm
Yes, you are being oversensitive, especially since I just explained why I wasn't laughing at the concept itself but the way it must have been created.

I've had the process explained to me. I get it; it's painful and sickening, and it's the most sensitive part on a guy's body. I get it. Again, I was not making light of the act itself. I get really tired of repeating myself in here.

Real feminists DO fight for total equality and defense of human rights as a whole and such. If there are people calling themselves feminists who do not, you can't judge the group as a whole by them. Also, I'm not sure what kind of point you think you're making anyway. 99% of guys don't give a "rat's a**" about women or equal rights or even human rights or how badly a woman can get hurt because she's naturally weaker and more sensitive than a man. I could say the same thing to you - you have no idea what it's like to be a girl. But I think that goes without saying on both sides. Anyway, why are YOU making such a big deal out of THIS? Aren't you the one who thinks rape games are okay? Rape is the most painful, sickening, and victimizing things that can be done to a woman. If a game about that is okay, a game with a single, unimportant, unstressed little piece like this should be okay.

I was just making fun of what seemed to me to be a pretty silly and weird game choice. I could've compared it to games where the goal is to "shoot" some girl's breasts off, literally (yes, this exists). I could've compared it to hunting games, which I'm also opposed to. I chose to make the tone of my first post lighter so that we could all have a good laugh at the stupidity of the gaming industry. Not every thread in this guild has to turn into a serious debate or angry rant. So STFU and laugh, or GTFO. Word.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:28 pm
Oh snap lol It does seem like lots of threads are going the extended discussion route lately doesn't it?

lulz mercy shot... I understand where both of you are coming from though.  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:20 am
Now who's being oversensitive.

Pardon me, I forgot that you take it personally when ever someone makes a negative comment about feminists. I know I can't judge an entire group by the actions of a few (not that that prevents them from doing it), but until they start using different names for levels of extremity, they are all just "feminists" (I can't separate them based on actions if they themselves don't)

Anyway, you're right. There are alot of people everywhere that don't care about the other gender enough. I'm just saying, if these people are truly about equality, why aren't they attacking both sides of the negative stereotypes, and not just the one.

For example, the company that had their rape game banned released one afterward where the female characters rape the male charaters in the game instead. But was that one attacked too, I think not.

The point I'm trying to make here, is no matter how much you defend the so called true "feminists", there's favoritism is everything they do. (regardless of whether it's intended or not)

And I'm sorry, but because of this issue, all feminists (at least in my mind) are now associated with "Hentai-haters" - and nothing can change that.
I'll believe otherwise the day I meet a "true" feminist that defends hentai.

You want me to make a line of separation among feminists based on extreme actions or not.
Fine, I'll do that. But you have to draw the line and show me where it is.

And that is where I stand.
I have said my 2 scents (more like 3, if you're counting posts), and I will now "STFU" as you have so "eloquently" put it. But I will NOT laugh.

And please don't say "word" at the end, that just sounds weird coming from you or me.

Sorry about the extended discussion thing, but no one had posted anyway when I made that first one. (despite other threads being above it already) And there's not alot of activity in the guild anyway.

Quote:
And THX Iakun - I guess agreeing with both sides is the best thing to do
I take this issue way too seriously I guess, but purple takes defending feminists way too seriously too

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:57 pm
Until you meet one? Hello? I'm a feminist. And although I do not support extreme hentai (if you'll recall my definition of "extreme"), I do support people's right to own it, even if I think they shouldn't. You should know that after everything I've posted.

To tell you why there is so little support from feminists regarding male-related issues, I'd have to give you a little history lesson. The suffrage movement and the abolitionist movement used to support each other, but at one critical time, the men of the abolitionist movement abandoned their sisters in order to make a deal with the white men in power. That was the day that feminists split from the men, who proved that they could support themselves just fine and would do so at the expense of women. That's just where it started, tho. There is a heavy history full of cases in which men have abandoned or exploited women in one way or another. On top of that, men tend to refuse help from women because they don't want to seem wimpy. If someone had complained about that game you mentioned, I'm sure something would have been done. But the fact is, men don't complain about stuff like that. And since men don't support women in issues like this, why should women support the men?

But like you said, you've made up your mind. And if you hate feminists so much, why are you still in a guild captained by one?

I'll say "word" anytime I want, cracker. mad

And just because there's low activity in V3, doesn't mean you should turn every thread into an argument.

I take defending true feminists seriously because I am one, and you malign us a lot. If I said that all anime geeks were idiots and deserved to be tortured to death, you'd defend your people too.

Anyway, speaking of double standards, you didn't respond to me. Why are rape games okay, but not something like the Mercy shot?

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 pm
Honestly, I don't have a very positive view of feminists myself, which is funny because being quite feminine myself and relating more to women on an emotional level you'd think I'd sympathize with them more. I'm seeing it more on a large scale now that feminists are becoming this creature that does not promote equality but rather is out for revenge against men.

This is all a childish game and both men and women need to grow the ******** up and realize WE are screwing EACH OTHER over with our (mostly) silly made up gender constructs.

The only thing that keeps me from hating all feminists is knowing that there are some that are in support of true equality. That's the problem though isn't it, that regardless of how you label yourself, there are so very few good human beings, period.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:59 am
Sorry, I guess I missed that.
It's easier to see the "I hate hentai" comments in your posts then it is to see the "I do support people's right to own it, even if I think they shouldn't" posts.

Now THAT is a logical statement that I can understand and agree with.
(should have said that second paragraph in the first place - LOL)

Cracker?

Yes I would. *nods*

*sigh* I guess I didn't understand completely AND make myself clear.
1: I missed the "it's in a game at all" as being funny, just not the concept itself.
(your statement I believe)
2: You know how liberal I am. I was making a comparison.
One shows violence against women, the other shows violence against men.
But only one gets banned. I just don't think that's fair.

You see discrimination against women all over the place and get insulted.
I get that, I understand that there's alot of it that exists in this world.
But whether you see it or not, I see alot of discrimination against men (most of it as a counter to the discrimination against women) all over the place.
Am I not aloud to get upset at that, just because there is less of it in this world?
Just because it's not as much, doesn't mean that it should be ignored.

I would gladly support any feminist group, as long as they don't start telling me what I can and can't do in my own room.
I like hentai, case and point.
Feminists are against it (include yourself in this statement or not - your choice) OR SO IT SEEMS.

You know the rule. The squeeky wheel gets the oil.
(or publicity in this case)
The only feminists I ever hear about are the extreme ones.
The ones that seem to be nothing more then "man-haters" that push to create discrimination against men.

The ones I hear about are the ones I'm talking about WHEN I say anti-feminist comments.
I'd be happy and content, if they'd just stop attacking hentai.
I want my games back. Then I wouldn't be so against them.
(once again when I say them, I'm refering to the extremists)
Do I have to specify EVERYtime?

Quote:
Iakun: THANK YOU !!!
Once again you have said completely what I think and couldn't get out!
How do you do this !?!
How are so good at saying things just right ???

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm
I realize feminists as a whole are getting stuck with a bad image because of the bad apples out there. I would like to ask you both, when you think of REAL feminists, to think of me. I'm not extreme, I promote equality in all things, and I would love for the world to be made of love and peace. In a way, each of us is a victim to the bad apple problem within each of our own groups.

Feminism was meant to be about liberty and freedom. For everyone. There should have been more cooperation from the entire world for this. It's something everyone wants for themselves. But people like to exclude others, regardless of the reason. And so it goes.

Dude, I honestly don't have any clue about how liberal you are or aren't. You have made a life of saying one thing to one person and something else to someone else. You act one way and then another. You believe one thing and then deny it. I don't know what you believe in; in fact, I strongly suspect you believe in nothing. But that's a different discussion.

I agree, it's not fair. But someone complained about the one, and no one complained about the other. Your words: the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You've taken advantage of that system your whole life.

I'm sure I don't see discrimination against men. There's so little of it that I'm surprised you've seen any of it. (Have you really?) All I know is that men get raises and promotions faster than women, and women are still embarrassed to report real rape. That's the world that I see.

Lol @ "man-haters." I could explain the psychology of that subgroup quite easily, but suffice it to say, they have their reasons. And they're not bad ones, just misguided and badly executed. What about the "woman-haters"? They exist too. But you'll notice they never get called that. People just say they have "anger issues" or they're "assertive and aggressive." In other words, manly. It's becoming okay again for men to despise women, while women are still being held to the sweetie-pie standard. But I could write a whole psychology paper on that phenomenon.

Hey, I keep having to repeat myself too. How about we both prefix things with the word "extreme" so that we know what we're talking about?

Lol @ "I want my games back." You didn't technically lose anything that was yours in the first place. And when something like this happens, it doesn't reverse itself. At least, not anytime soon. So you should just take a deep breath and let it go. You'd be happier and less Crocker-esque.

Word, cracker. xd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 pm
purpleravenhawk
I'm sure I don't see discrimination against men. There's so little of it that I'm surprised you've seen any of it. (Have you really?) All I know is that men get raises and promotions faster than women, and women are still embarrassed to report real rape. That's the world that I see.

Let's alter our perceptions of these situations a little bit. Would it not be more fair that men get paid a bit more, get promotions more and raises considering society in the first place still, yes, STILL expects the man to be the main breadwinner of the family even in a family climate where women have to work to help keep the family afloat? (that felt like a horrid run-on sentence lol)

Women flaunt their emotions like psych ward patients half the time, and even men that are more inclined to be openly emotional are discouraged by society. We set boys up from birth to be these impossibly strong and stoic beings, to bottle everything up inside themselves. You say women are embarrassed to report real rape, but I bet if you look at the proportions of raped women versus raped men, I bet way more women will actually report the rape. Men have been laughed at in court for being raped.

Lesbians are more accepted than gays. Hell, even among gays I'M not accepted because I'm not masculine enough.

Women can also slap a man and courts won't take it as seriously as a man slapping a woman. If a man c**t-punts a woman he's a misogynistic pig, if she knocks him in the nuts it's funny as hell. It goes on and on.

Really the point of this isn't to say who has it worse, but to keep our eyes open to the different types of unfair treatment to BOTH sides.

As for thinking of feminists, don't worry, the reason I don't hate feminists is because I know just like in any group of people there are the more level-headed fair ones.

@Dude: I'm just that good. xd jk jk  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 am
LOL

Thinking of you when I think of feminists is hard for me.
1: because feminists have been given a bad rep, and...
2: because your my sister.
I have difficulty associating you with those that have a bad rep.
More often then not, I forget that you are a feminist.

I guess just being a guy means I see discrimination against men easier.
Like being a woman means that you see discrimination against woman easier.
I guess it's just easier to sypathise with your own gender.

I think the term "woman-hater" should be used.
Hating someone because of something they have no control over, like being racist, is stupid.
One step down on the "extreme meter" is male shovanist pig (lol - I had to look up the spelling on that one) - Likewise there should be a term for female shovanist pig. There are people on both sides of every fence.

For example I know that as a whole, women are just as perverted as guys.
But guys get slammed harder for it. Or maybe it just seems that way because women hide it better.

"I want my games back" Yes, I said this - LOL
I know it won't get reversed anytime soon (if at all) but I still considder it a lose for the hentai gaming group. Especially sence the companies (the ones that make games that are actually graphically better as opposed to those stupid little flash games) had to completely redue their way of making some of their games. (I've already started seeing stuff like "watered down crap" in the hentai forrums when regarding to that same companies following games - keep in mind that those are the extremists, every group has them)

Crocker-esque?
LOL, that's funny.
Someone's been watching the fairly odd parents ^.^

Iakun: Then THX for being "just that good"
If I ever need a lawyer, can I call you? - LOL

THX for listing the discrimination against men that I couldn't think of at the moment. For the 3rd time now, you have explained things better then I could.

And I REALLY DOUBT that a girl getting hit in crotch hurts anywhere near as much as it does for a guy. I'm not a girl so I don't know for sure, but considdering how everythings positioned down there, I can say with about 99% certainty.
A girl (insulted or not) has a better chance of just laughing it off. But hit hard enough and a guy might have to be taken to the hospital. After all, there's a reason that "testical retrieval surgery" exists. For all our strenth, guys have one hell of a major weak-point. And why does it seem that women like to take advantage of it everytime they get the slitest of chances, even for the simplest and stupidest of things.

*sarcasm* Thanks alot god, you sux!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:30 pm
I do think it's unfair that men are still expected to be the tough, macho breadwinners. But women aren't the only ones who expect it. Men put a lot of pressure on each other. I've noticed that a lot more than women putting pressure on men. 3nodding

I've never known any women who "flaunt their emotions". That sounds weird. All the women I know express how they feel, but I wouldn't call it flaunting. If I saw a man express his feelings, I'd kind of be relieved. Like, "omg, he's human!" I'm certain there is a very low percentage of reported rapes for men, but since there are so many more women getting raped, the numbers are vastly different, even if the proportions seem to go the other way. I think it's the kind of thing that people need to grow up about, no matter who it happens to. It's simply not funny.

I think the only reason lesbians are considered more "okay" is because they're part of a common straight male fantasy. Which is kind of degrading, but I guess it's better than being a total outcast.

The laws of our country were designed to "protect" people that the founders felt needed protection, particularly women. So it isn't fair the way it's set up. Personally, I'd laugh at ANYONE who wanted to sue someone for just a slap. Now, if you're talking about a black eye or worse, I think everyone should be judged equally. I get your point, but it's really just more sweetie-pie stuff in the end. Btw, "c**t-punt"? stare

Well, dude, we'll never know for sure which hurts more, a crotch-hit for women or men, because we can't switch genders and find out. (Dammit. stressed ) If I had to guess, I'd say you're probably right that it hurts more for men. It makes sense, given the bodily reaction. Of course, you have to take into account that men are stronger than women, so a man can kick harder. But even if you put the pain on a scale, and men were at 10, and women were at 7 or 9, pain is pain. Some is worse than others. Most women I know who've had children say that childbirth is the worst pain on the planet. We'll never know how it compares to a kick in the nuts, but I'd be willing to bet it's worse. But anyone in real pain is not funny.

You'll notice that a kick in the nuts is a very popular thing in comedy movies. Which are mostly made by men. So somebody out there thinks it's funny. Just like walking into a wall, tripping down the stairs, getting hit in the head with a bowling ball. People think pain is funny, period. Testicles really are quite a weak point, tho. Considering it's the only one, and women spend a lot of time being scared of men (I'm not kidding, you should listen in on women's conversations some time), I can understand why they tend to take advantage of it. It's not fair, but sometimes people panic. Now if you have a woman who is just being an aggressive pitbull about something, then she obviously has some issues and needs some solitary confinement. I'm just saying that's not always the case. I don't know a single woman that would kick a guy in the crotch for no good reason. You always seem to be talking about the weirdest people out there.

Btw, you misspelled "chauvinist." I don't know where you got that spelling. It's not even a word. xd

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:20 pm
Sorry lol I thought c**t-punt is a pretty hilarious term. Even my sister laughs at it. I realize it's a bit over the top for a discussion in this guild but I just couldn't resist.

I don't really see this thing between the sexes changing anytime soon because people are always playing the "who has it worse" game. Just like gays and blacks and how they don't like any parallels drawn between both our hardships cuz "gays haven't had it as bad as blacks". Apparently it's not good enough to just have had it bad, period.

Oh well. Geez, after all the gender expectations we discuss, I still have to admit I'm attracted to some traits that pressure men I suppose: attractiveness, success, charm, intelligence, strength.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff