Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
How to Train Your Dragon Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oops
  oops
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:23 pm
I went and saw this movie today. It was a very cute movie with a nice storyline to it.

My mother and I enjoyed this movie a lot. I liked how they went with it and how it remained light hearted but had some real depth to it. A very cute movie that will make you laugh in places and actually made me cry in a place.

I especially loved some of the names of the characters and not to mention where the village is situated at. *chuckles* If you see the movie you'll know what I'm talking about.

All in all a cute movie though the 3-D effect areas really mess with your mind when you're not watching the 3-D version. One area it really gave me a headache, and you could tell it would be a big 3-D area. My mum had two of them but I didn't notice the second one or maybe I just adjusted. So be warned about that.

Really, it's a movie that's cute and pretty light if you're wanting cute fun enjoyment this is the movie to go to.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:54 pm
I've been on the fence about this one. Wasn't sure if it was worth seeing. But I'll give it a shot. I'm getting tired of the 3-D stuff, tho. xp  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:17 pm
I'm with ya there. Next thing you'll know there will be the DS3-D *sighs* I swear it's like 3-D is trying to take over as the next "blue-ray" or something ya know which drives me nuts.

I'm with you though I wasn't sure about this movie myself but I figured why not and my mum really wanted to see it so we did it was actually very cute.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:35 am
It's a gimmick, IMO. If you have to add 3-D to make an entertaining movie, there's a problem with your movie. I don't watch movies so I can see bullets fly at me. I'm not in the movie; I'm watching it so I can see other people in the movie. I could understand the appeal a little bit for video games; it might add to the immersion factor. But if your imagination is so bad that you can't immerse yourself in a movie without 3-D effects, you need to quit watching so much TV. xd

Well, I'll put this one on my list then. It does look like it has the potential to be cute and funny. But I'll wait until it's on DVD so I don't have to watch the 3-D version. xd

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:24 pm
*nods* I hear ya there. Seriously I'm totally with ya if you have to add the 3-D effect to make your movie that means there is probably something wrong with your movie. As for adding 3-D to video games...I say look into the .hack series and learn how to make those goggles/glasses that allow you to play the game and go into the game that would be awesome!!

As for the movie... It is a good movie cute and funny but be warned it is sad too. Seriously though it's a good movie. Hopefully the DVD version doesn't keep some of the 3-D effects so it doesn't give ya a headache like it did me in the theater.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:56 am
I did not see the 3D version of this movie, just the regular version and omfg, I loved it. ...I actually didn't know it was supposed to be 3D. ...I thought the storyline was super adorable and the characters were all really cute and fun. The main dragon was sooooo adorable!!! I am totally in love with it. Hehe.

[ wham.bam.eclectic.princess.love ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:00 pm
Yeah, I didn't see the 3-D version either I can't stand to sit and watch a movie with those glasses.

However, as for the movie itself I have to totally agree with ya Rini loved the movie that's why as soon as it came out on DVD I bought it. Very cute but the ending is a bit sad, but still very good! Glad you enjoyed it. ^_^

I personally thought all the dragons were cute especially with each of their different personalities.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:46 pm
Oh yes! I love how there were a variety of dragons. It reminds me of this book that I have called "Dragonology" it has different dragons and explanations of where they came from and what they look like. Hehe. heart

Geh, I am so anti-3D. It makes me literally sick to watch 3D, all dizzy and nauseated. I have 0 interest in watching any movies in 3D. xD!

[ wham.bam.eclectic.princess.love ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:32 pm
You have that book too!? I do too!! I also have the game it's kind of fun. *chuckles* I love those though.

Yeah, I know I'm with you though I've found that certain scenes when they do a movie for 3-D yet bring it over to 2-D it'll make my mom a little sick. He only bugs my eyes a bit but not to bad. I just wish they'd get out of this phase of 3-D stuff ya know?

Though this is one movie I really don't care cause I loved it and now that I've been talking about it I'm going to have to ask my mom if we can watch it again. *chuckles* Thanks for reminding me about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:29 pm
I have books called Dragonhenge and Stardragons. They're all about the origins and history and destiny of dragons. They're like artbooks with stories, and they are awesome. My brother has the Dragonology game, but I've never seen the book. sad

That reminds me, I read recently that they've found the new Nintendo 3DS causes damage to people's eyes. eek

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 pm
Oh cool that sounds nice I wouldn't mind getting my hands on those two books. Oh he does? Cool! *blinks* Really? That's odd I thought it was pretty common...well at least for awhile it was I thought. Well the next time I see ya I'll have to bring that so you can check it out it's pretty fun. It's as if an adventuring is traveling the world collecting "evidance" and sketching pictures and information about the different dragons around the world and such.

*laughs* That doesn't surprise me but now that you mention it I think I heard something about that. I already over heard a teen in a store once tell I'm guessing either a friend or his little brother "Yeah, the 3DS...don't even waist your money on it. So not worth it." I'm not surprised by what little I've read about it. I mean one of the games I would have willing re-bought on it was "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time" and you know what they make 3-D on that? The stupid word bubbles. At least what I read that was the most predominant 3-D item on that game. I was like "seriously that's what you make 3-D!?" I decided it wasn't worth it and when I heard that kid I was so happy I wasn't interested in the start. Though I was half tempted but for one game I'm not going to buy a console so I'm sure not going to buy a handheld either.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:17 pm
I'll bring my Dragonhenge books, and you bring Dragonology, and we'll have a dragon party. xd

3D is never worth it IMO. So I'm not really surprised that there's a problem with this stuff. neutral

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:11 am
Yeah! Sounds like a great plan to me!

*nods* Yeah, you're probably right but there are those rare times when it's just interesting enough to perk your interest till you think about it.

So have you seen "How to Tame Your Dragon" Purple?

(Trying to pull the subject back around there. *chuckles*)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:26 pm
Arrgh, not yet! I have a copy; I just need to find the time! Stupid time... stare  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:26 pm
*chuckles* I seriously understand that! Well hopefully you're get to watch it soon cause it really is a good movie, at least I think it is. ^_^  
Reviews

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff