[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:57 pm
Okay, like I said, I am ganking this 100% from BulbaGarden, right down to the One Question Per Week thing. So if you have any questions about how this works, hop on over to BulbaGarden/Bulbapedia to see.

RULES
» There will be one question per week, for ten weeks or whenever B/W gets launched.
» You have one week to ponder/talk about the question at hand.
» You may speculate in this thread, but only if it pertains to the week's question.
» When you're ready to submit your final answer, use the below form so I can differentiate between meaningless guesses and your final answer.
» No changing your guess after submitting it. So be 100% DAMN SURE about your guess before you submit it.

PRIZES
» There will be only ONE winner per question.
» Winner will receive artwork of whatever the hell they want from me (and possibly other people). Can also send the hard copy if the winners don't mind giving me their address.

________Examples:
________Newest to oldest. Also WARNING. Contains crappy pen doodles of sexy, scantily-clad women. Sorry, that's all I've been drawing recently.
» If you'd like to offer prizes, please PM me. You will NOT be barred from entering, so no worries.

FINAL ANSWER FORM

[size=25][color=grey][b]In B/W, my guess is...[/b][/color][/size]
(Put your answer here)

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION

What will the starters' final evos be? What will they look like, what will they be based off of, what will their typing be, and so forth. Let's hope the final evos are way better than the basic forms. sad

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:31 pm
question question question idea

I'd say it will be a northern area, above Kanto and Johto. It will be large and sort-of like Canada, with a lot of snowy areas, but not quite as snowy and cold as you might think. Depending on the time of year, the days and/or nights might be longer, especially in more northern towns. There will be lots of large open wilderness areas and you typically want special transport between them, rather than just walking and running, especially ones you reach after the first few gyms, quite possibly getting some kind of moped or car or riding a Pokemon thing.

It will be called Kansai, and the cities will be either really modern looking, or small towns mostly made of wood buildings with logging, hunting, and/or fishing industries being their main basis. There will be a few large lakes and a couple large rivers, and one smaller creek, and less ocean than other games have had on the main map.

The towns will be named after Cheeses, such as Brie Village, Monterey Town, Swiss City, Mozzarella Village, Cheddar Town, Cottage City, Bleu Village, and Munster Town.
mrgreen  

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 pm
Sweet, if I win, do I get a scantily clad version of Tippys avatar? redface Haha. Just kidding.

I'll contribute art of my avatar in scantily clad to the winner. Or the loser. wink

rofl

In B/W, my guess is...
The region will be known as the Chūbu region (based in Japan). It will, like the actual Chūbu region, be very mountainous. Only in areas where mountains are not located will be large cities like the ones you see in the screen shot. As you can see, Geography is a huge weak point of mine, so if this stuff makes little to no sense, don't be afraid to call me out on it. The starting place will be called Jade Town, because the plants all seem to have a similar shade of jade green.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:05 pm
Bulbasauurr
Sweet, if I win, do I get a scantily clad version of Tippys avatar? redface Haha. Just kidding.

Hell, if that's what you really want. xd It'd probably look horrible, though, since I haven't gotten the hang of drawing her like she is now. unlike "Sinnoh". honestly, wtf were they thinking I also like Toko's cheese theme for the town names. That's certainly creative! Though I think if they were to use the more "mainstream" cheeses (like cheddar), they'd alter them to make the theme less obvious (like, alternate spellings).

I'd hope it wouldn't be directly north of Kanto and Johto, though. One of my fan regions is there and I don't want to move it. D:

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauurr

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:40 pm
xDD

That'd be awesome if you did that. I can never draw women in revealing clothing. You can see shaky-ness of the lines (and many erase marks/faded lines) especially on the bust. emo

Cheese towns would be interesting. 3nodding It seems that Towns are generally themed after the gyms that they contain, but seeing an ongoing theme of something like that would at the very least be breaking out of the usual mold.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:30 pm
In B/W, my guess is...
My guess is that the new region will emulate some real place. Like how Sinnoh is like Hokkaido, Johto is like Kansai, Kanto is like Tokai, and Hoenn is like Kyushu.

My guess is that Pokemon Black and White will take place in a fictionalization of the Chugoku region. Terrain will parallel real life with lots of industrialization, pollution and lingering radiation from the A-bomb. Radiation would also explain why there are new evolutions or formes of Pokemon.

Town names will be based off of Drinks.
Mohito Town, Appletini City, Grape Town.  

melikefood

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:58 pm
In B/W, my guess is...
We'll finally get a Victory road that isn't a cave.
lol  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:24 pm
zombie extract
In B/W, my guess is...
We'll finally get a Victory road that isn't a cave.
lol

Blasphemy! scream

@Melike: I like the drink name theme! But I think parents might protest that. sad

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:06 pm
Professor Pine pirate ninja  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:12 pm
In B/W, my guess is...
Her name will be Professor Maple, and she'll be roughly in her early 20s. She'll be roughly 5'6, and her bust size is...  

Bulbasauurr

Silph Co

Witty Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:47 pm
In B/W, my guess is...
Another dude.
A Pure genius, yet shows early signs of Dementia.
Approx. 45 years old, and ridiculously parranoid.
His name shall be Professor MorningWood.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:36 pm
In B/W, my guess is...
Professor Yggdrasil
Collect all eight badges and become a FULL ANGEL!

ToS refrence. Lol.  

melikefood

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:44 pm
In B/W, my guess is...
Middle aged woman. I'm saying woman, because it's about time we had a female professor! scream After all, we finally got a female champion last time around... And her name will be... Laurel.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 am
Fiery Tiamat
In B/W, my guess is...
Middle aged woman. I'm saying woman, because it's about time we had a female professor! scream After all, we finally got a female champion last time around... And her name will be... Laurel.
I agree. We need a female professor. Enough gray old men. xD  

Bulbasauurr

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 pm
If we had a female professor would she be a sexy glasses librarian? An old crone? A tomboyish kid-genius? Professor mom? Shy bookworm lady? Asperger's Syndrome genius like Temperance "Bones" Brenann from the TV show BONES? Or something else...?  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff