Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hammi/Bammi/Panda/Grizzly Hats Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you could have one of the gaia animal hats IRL, which would you want?
  Panda
  Grizzly
  Hammi
  Bammi
  HOMIGAWD I WANT THEM ALL T_T
  (pollwhore option)
View Results

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:30 am
If I were to write knitting patterns for the above hats, would anyone be willing to test drive them? I don't have the time or the yarn sweatdrop but I think they would be good additions to the tutorials.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:49 am
I don't know... I'd like to, but I don't know if I have the time... I really need to finish all of my other projects. sweatdrop  

KariudoMegami

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:43 am
KariudoMegami
I don't know... I'd like to, but I don't know if I have the time... I really need to finish all of my other projects. sweatdrop
im not putting a time limit on it, believe me. i have a tank top pattern i need to make up and get pictures of so i can submit it to knitty magazine. im just saying, if I write them, will someone try them?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:12 pm
If it consisted of fairly basic techniques, I'd love to! ^^

I just don't know how to knit in the round yet though...  

Elyzabel

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Elyzabel

No I have a basic hat pattern i make that's not done in the round. The only techniques youd need would be ribbing, changning colors, decreasing, mattress stich (sews up a seam invisibly), picking up stitches (for the ears) and duplicate stitch. Or intarsia or fair isle, if you can do that.

And a camera mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:16 pm
I'd be willing to give them a try, that sounds fun ^^  

Merissa Hino

Mewling Muse

14,625 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:38 am
When you put it that way, it sounds doable. My first "large" project is barely half done after several weeks (and most get it done in a weekend!) but it'd be fun to have a hat that I made myself. -^_^-  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:02 am
Unfortunately, I don't have the yarn for it, either. My stash isn't in my possession right now... and I don't even know if I have anything I could use in there, anyway. ):  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:25 am
DecemberFlower
Unfortunately, I don't have the yarn for it, either. My stash isn't in my possession right now... and I don't even know if I have anything I could use in there, anyway. ):
The most you'd need of any one color is 2-3 ounces, but I don't generally have brown or gray in my stash at ANY time so I know how you feel. (Watch everyone make the panda hat xd )  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:30 pm
I would love patterns for these hats but I don't knit. Would anyone be willing to make sewing patterns for them?  

Rorek

Elyzabel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:23 pm
gemini6184
Elyzabel

No I have a basic hat pattern i make that's not done in the round. The only techniques youd need would be ribbing, changning colors, decreasing, mattress stich (sews up a seam invisibly), picking up stitches (for the ears) and duplicate stitch. Or intarsia or fair isle, if you can do that.

And a camera mrgreen

Then yes, I think I can safely volunteer to test it! It will be my first time ribbing, but I meant to get around to learning that anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:43 pm
Elyzabel
gemini6184
Elyzabel

And a camera mrgreen

Then yes, I think I can safely volunteer to test it! It will be my first time ribbing, but I meant to get around to learning that anyway.
if you practice a lil bit first it's easy once you get the hang of it. i had to do that too.  

gemini6184

gemini6184

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:46 pm
Rorek
I would love patterns for these hats but I don't knit. Would anyone be willing to make sewing patterns for them?
sweatdrop theres software for it but I don't have any.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:41 pm
They're finished! X-x  

gemini6184

Miyaka-san

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:20 am
i'll try the hammi hat after i finish my other project. 3nodding  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers