Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
If it's not one thing... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You know the rest.
  Right?
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:52 pm
I've had sort of a low-grade carpal tunnel since my data entry job. But it exploded on Friday. My hand hurt so bad at work that I couldn't grab anything with it. I had to tell my boss I couldn't do my job anymore. I'll bet she was pissed at me. But I can't risk my arm getting any worse. I may be able to switch positions with another girl, but if I can't or it doesn't help, I'm out of a job. Again. Seriously, what's wrong with me? gonk

Anyway, I don't know how much online time I'll have for a while cuz using the mouse sometimes hurts. I'll be around, just slightly less than usual.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:58 pm
Nothing's wrong with you. You just have a physical issue. s**t happens, especially with jobs. You just need to relax and take care of yourself so you can feel better.

What can one do for carpal tunnel anyway?  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:27 pm
Nothing except keep it from getting worse by not doing repetitive things, like whatever hurt it in the first place or using a computer mouse or a tagging gun or anything that requires the fine finger muscles. gonk It never goes away; you can only halt its progress if you're lucky. There are exercises but no guarantee they'll help. There's surgery, but it only works for like half the people who get it, and it's mucho expensive.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:23 am
These are the times that we could really use the tech that they have on star trek.  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:08 pm
I'd just use star trek tech to replicate me some awesome food... and... have a bit of fun in the holodeck... ninja  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:53 pm
I'd be more interested in medical technology and onboard libraries. But the holodeck would definitely be up there on my list. 3nodding Just don't expect me to take one of those transporters. stare  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:21 pm
YEAH !!! HOLODECK !!!

(I would live out some of my favorate H-games there - pitty they probably wouldn't have records of any of them, especially sence they don't even have TV anymore - what stiff boring bricks they all are) Hmp! >.>  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:07 pm
You could probably easily program your own h-game holodeck thing. But... that would kind of be a little weird. It reminds me of those people who wear cute anime heads like mascot costumes. Freaks me the hell out.  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:37 am
Yeah, those animal heads are very freaky.

As for programming my own game...
I don't know enough programming to make anything worth while.

Besides, I've seen some REALLY good ones, so it just wouldn't be the same. (probably crap compared the them)

Then again sence their ships are all voice commanded, I'd only have to tell it what I wanted. And it would do the programming itself.

I might be able to do that... Hmm...  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:23 pm
He said "anime heads." You know, the ones that are modeled after particular anime characters, with all the weird proportions that don't look right in the real world. Those are waaaaaay freakier than any animal costumes.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:32 pm
LOL Yes purple, that's what I was getting at. They freak me the ******** out.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:02 am
I guess I mis-read.
(but that's disturbing too)

And yeah.
I saw one of those at one of the ANIMEcons here.
Looked REALLY wierd.  

xwhateverxdudex

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:38 am
Lol, Dude stressing ANIME made me think of his alternative, an Animal-Con. What would that be? A zoo?  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:47 am
I just thought of furries. Is it creepy to say that they don't freak me out at all?  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:38 pm
Not at all.

I'd like to check out a furry-con... LOL

Hopefully there would be some cute girls there.
*daydreams and drools*  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces