Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon meant to be like Power Rangers!?! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiWitch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:37 am
Hey I just wanted to see if any other die hard Sailor Moon fan out there ever saw this little AVI floating around on the net...
Aparently before DIC got the rights to Sailor Moon their was another company out there who tried to make Sailor Moon a live action show...like the Power Rangers.....and Sailor Jupiter was in a wheel chair!
Anyway I use to have a small clip of one of these trial episodes and wanted to see if anyone else out there had ever seen or heard about this besides me. If so write back..tell me what you think.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:38 am

ChibiWitch

Ocean2292

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:15 am
OMG, that's disgustin!!! I think I'm going to be sick*runs of screaming*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:16 pm
omg  

LiquidFantasy

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:31 pm
Actually, Venus was in the wheelchair, not Jupiter. The rumor is that Saban tried to make it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:40 pm
Toonami Digital Arsenal
The Saban Nightmare
Most people don't know that Haim Saban tried to get his hands on the license to Sailor Moon before DiC did. A two minute pilot was made for Toei Animation for their approval. Luckily, Toei rejected it, and gave the license to DiC. I must warn you, this clip could be dangerous to Sailor Moon fans and the faint of heart. Barf bags not required, but recommended. **EXTENDED VERSION WITH OPENING COMMENTARY FROM AN ANIMATOR THAT WORKED ON THE PILOT**
I dunno why anyone would want to, but you can download the horrific 2-minute pilot from here:

http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/download/sailormoon.php  

Mienai Kitsune

Zahmira

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:18 pm
Here is an interview with the man who directed the pilot for the show:
http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/01.06/feature/2/index.php3

Saban wasn't involved in the creation of it at all. That was Toon Makers, Inc.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:36 pm
Zahmira

Saban owns Toon Makers, supposedly, or did.

Anyway, PGSM = Sailor Moon Power Rangers. 3nodding Sentai live action goodness. Just no animated crap with wheelchairs and space riding wave surfers.  

Syndrama

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:30 pm
What!? that's stupid!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:31 am
~Alechsa~
Zahmira

Saban owns Toon Makers, supposedly, or did.

Anyway, PGSM = Sailor Moon Power Rangers. 3nodding Sentai live action goodness. Just no animated crap with wheelchairs and space riding wave surfers.
Nothing wrong with Sentai. smile

There are a lot more live action Super Sentai shows out there besides "Power Rangers" though. It's just that that was the only one that made it over here. Kinda...

I've seen the first 3 episodes of "Kyoryuu Sentai Zyuranger" (The show that Power Rangers was based off of/used footage from). Man, was that a treat. xd  

Zahmira

Yukito Yu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:18 am
ChibiWitch
Hey I just wanted to see if any other die hard Sailor Moon fan out there ever saw this little AVI floating around on the net...
Aparently before DIC got the rights to Sailor Moon their was another company out there who tried to make Sailor Moon a live action show...like the Power Rangers.....and Sailor Jupiter was in a wheel chair!
Anyway I use to have a small clip of one of these trial episodes and wanted to see if anyone else out there had ever seen or heard about this besides me. If so write back..tell me what you think.

It wasn't DiC. It was Saban who released it, but didn't make it. I made a thread about it --
Quote:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1876663

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:53 pm
**gasps for air**

AHH, runs for her life!  

Karasuaki

Athena_Wiley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:29 pm
OH MY (Faints)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:26 am
Disturbing...x3
Ahahaha, that was actually pretty funny, but I could of so done a better version of it!x3
And was it just me, or did that guy in the background laughing sound like Peewee Herman?o_O;

Queen Shinome

Namtastic

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:39 pm
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items