Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
MIO Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rogue Galaxy is like a collection of every anime/video game trope ever created.
  From the insect battle tournament with a spiky-haired kid to the battle-hardened hot chick with a heart of gold.
  And of course, the talking animals and the big-nosed scientist who looks like the guy from Astroboy.
  And then there's MIO. I'll let her introduce herself.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:31 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mRW-WXuygI

You find out later that she's a big popstar, which I guess explains the look and the behavior.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:55 pm
Okay just from watching that I'd want to kill MIO so badly it wouldn't even be funny!

Ooooo My favorite is the chick!! The one that says "I'm going to pulverize you!" I LIKE her!!! Rogue Galaxy huh??? *Mutters* I may have to get this game just to check out that chick.... *clears throat* I mean interesting.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Iakun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:10 pm
MIO talks like a freaking valley girl. When I played the game I was like, REALLY? lol I mean it's pretty obnoxious.

I don't even remember who I liked using the most in my party. I almost went crazy with the weapon upgrading system. Had a weapon upgrade faq and worked on getting the top weapons for my 3 favorite characters... took a while.

But anyway, yeah, MIO... good lord.. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 pm
Mio's like, SOO cute. <----------[is copying her valley girl talk]
(kawaii)

But that other girl is too tence.
Wouldn't want to hang around her at all.
Uug  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:25 pm
MIO is waaay more annoying than Lilika (the "tense" one). Lilika is only that tense around MIO, tho. blaugh But I would be, too. xd

Moon: I think you'd like the game. 3nodding It's got so much going on. There's the weapon upgrades via a purple frog that eats weapons and puts them together. xd There's the insect collecting and battle tournaments. There's the factory that you use to make new machine parts and weapons and stuff. There's the Hunter Coins that you collect and trade in for stuff. And lots of planets to explore. And there's the usual RPG stuff: a variety of enemies to hunt down, treasure chests to find, sidequests, tons of minor character subplots, etc. Like I said, tho, everything is a cliche from some anime or video game. On top of that, the main character looks like Tidus and Cloud's love child. xd And his love interest (I know she is because she's the same age as he is) looks like a younger Yuna, and of course, she's the pirate captain's daughter. And I'm pretty sure one of the pirates is voiced by the guy who did Spike on Cowboy Bebop. eek

If you like Lilika, she has an interesting backstory. When you first meet her, she lives in a backwater village that believes in sacrificing people to the Star God, and her little sister has been chosen as the sacrifice. Long story short, you get to save her sister and expose the Star God as the bloodthirsty beast it really is. But Lilika gets kicked out of the village and comes with you, anyway. Stupid villagers.

Anyway, if you think you'd want to kill MIO after just that first scene, after those three characters break out of prison and come back to see her again, she gives them the same runaround with the same attitude and sends them on a quest to capture a hacker. It's not until the third time back that they get their license renewed. xd And after all that, she gives them a membership card to her fan club. blaugh I mean, was that trip really necessary?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:17 pm
Just had to tell you about this one. xd There are wandering NPCs, right? They all say something different, sometimes helpful, sometimes pointless, but usually interesting. I walked up to this woman, plain, ordinary, nothing special, dressed in drab gray schoolteacher dress and coat. I was expecting "I don't trust the Longardian soldiers" or "You must be from out of town" or something. Instead, I got, "You're cute! Why don't you come play with me for a while." eek  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:25 pm
I think that the video that you picked to show Mio's bad qualities, also only showed Lilika's bad qualities.

Not fair to either character.
So of course I'd pick the one that seemed overly hyper to the one that seemed overly agressive.

As for that NPC...
LOL, she's weird ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:30 pm
MIO has no good qualities, unless you count being hentai rape-bait a good quality. sweatdrop  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:33 pm
Bro: This is Dude we're talking about here that's totally good qualities to him. ^_~ *chuckles*

Purple: *blinks* Good lord there is a lot of sh...stuff to do in this game my god!!! *holds up hands* No thanks, that little bit with MIO is enough I don't need to deal with the game to deal with her more. Besides my little brother told me about this game and he grumbled about it quite a bit though he had the Xbox version so maybe that's why cause he had to keep switching out the discs but I don't know I'm rather hesitant on this game.

*blinks* Okay that NPC was AWESOME!!! See that should be in more RPGs if you ask me. That bit of randomness to give you the sense that these characters aren't all alike.

Dude: I thought the overly aggressive one was way cooler then the overly hyper I want to kill you annoying girl. But that's what makes things all good there is something for everyone at least the game has that going for it right?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:12 pm
The xbox version has more than one disc? eek That seems unnecessary. Well, I've only had a couple of frustrating points in the game that made me want to throw the controller into the tv. And that's pretty good for me. whee And one of those times was my own fault. sweatdrop You don't have to do everything. You can just follow the storyline and skip all the extra stuff. There's one guy I think you'd like, although he's not a player character, and he's actually sort of a bad guy at first. But he's a bishonen type elfish character with purple hair. xd http://www.lordyuanshu.com/images/RG/Vedan/gale.jpg
Best pic I could find, but it shows his battle face. xd

It turns out MIO does have a nice side. eek I can't find a video for it, but there's a scene later on in the game where she's talking to the scientist I told you about. Turns out, MIO was best friends with his son when they were kids, and she's helping him spy on the evil Daytron Corporation. She brought him some data, and she was talking nicely, WITHOUT the stupid valley girl accent or vapid attitude! She was sweet and kind and serious and helpful, and I was like "WTH?!" eek Okay, so MIO's not a horrible person. She just spends a lot of time pretending to be one. confused

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:22 pm
Quote:
Iakun: MIO has no good qualities, unless you count being hentai rape-bait a good quality. sweatdrop
Moonracer: Bro: This is Dude we're talking about here that's totally good qualities to him. ^_~ *chuckles*

Oh come on! Everyone has good qualities!
Mio's good quality (besides what you listed - LOL) is being a super cute anime-style girl ^.^ (physical appearance is a BIG factor)
Quote:
Moonracer: I thought the overly aggressive one was way cooler then the overly hyper I want to kill you annoying girl. But that's what makes things all good there is something for everyone at least the game has that going for it right?

Personally I wouldn't want to meet someone that overly violent. I'd fear for my own safety all the time. And at least Mio is something cute to look at *drools*
Quote:
purpleravenhawk: It turns out MIO does have a nice side. eek I can't find a video for it, but there's a scene later on in the game where she's talking to the scientist I told you about. Turns out, MIO was best friends with his son when they were kids, and she's helping him spy on the evil Daytron Corporation. She brought him some data, and she was talking nicely, WITHOUT the stupid valley girl accent or vapid attitude! She was sweet and kind and serious and helpful, and I was like "WTH?!" eek Okay, so MIO's not a horrible person. She just spends a lot of time pretending to be one. confused

See! She is a nice girl.
Everyone has something that they'd go on a violent seemingly unprovoked attack over.
Purple's just happens to be the overly hyper extra cute and high-pitch-voiced anime girl type.
(which is ironically one of the types I like the best - LOL)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:29 pm
Sis, you're thinking of Star Ocean 4 on the 360, not Rogue Galaxy. Rogue Galaxy is an old game only on the PS2. Star Ocean 4 would have been fine if I'd bought the PS3 version which wouldn't require any disc switching and has all the extras they added in. -_- ******** japanese game developers constantly making one version of a game then 1 year later releasing the other console's version with all the bonus content. It's so insulting.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:02 pm
"Violent unprovoked attack?" I didn't do anything like that. confused What in the name of Zedd are you talking about, dude?

But you know, physical appearance isn't a quality. It's just appearance. It's good or bad, depending on the viewer.

Lol @ Iakun's rant. xd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:53 pm
Purple: Hm...okay well hm... Oh he's kind of cool looking to bad you can't play him I bet he's wicked with those double guns. *drools over "Bloody Overdrive" blinks and clears throat* Sorry was thinking about a move in my MMORPG I play.

*blinks* Holy crap! Okay then she isn't all that bad but seriously I'd want to hang her if she acted the other way all the time or even most of the time...which apparently she does so I'd still want to hang her.

Dude: Hey now, hey now. Like Purple said she isn't always so "violent" it's only when she's around MIO at least that's what Purple said so she isn't that bad. *blinks* Uh...maybe for you not so much for me. Personally I think the other chick is better looking, but hey what do I know I'm just a girl. *chuckles*

Bro: *blinks* Oh...well crap... Okay Rogue Galaxy is okay then? Hm...brain failure strikes again! *giggles* Thanks bro! *goes off to look into this.* I remember you were raising holy hell because of having to switch out the discs just to upgrade and weapons and stuff. *nods* Yeah, totally agree. *huggles* It's okay bro.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:35 pm
Yeah, he's awesome. Toughest boss I've fought so far. He does this thing where he uses his guns and then kicks you in the face! xd He would've been an awesome character to play.

Hey, I think Lilika's better looking too. Dude just has a thing for women who are tiny and mousey. xp

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff