Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Do you think Sailor Mercury is a Pointless Sailor Scout? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VaLE3rIa

7,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:10 pm
Many parodys of Sailor Moon constantly say that Sailor Mercury is the worst sweatdrop but in my opinion she's as important as Sailor Moon! lol Without her how will we hide during battle? question question What do you think? idea heart ADD ME AS YOUR FRIEND IF YOUR A FAN OF SAILOR MOON biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:42 pm
No comment  

DiscordWhovian

Junior Genius

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100

l Sailor Cancer l

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:48 pm
How is having powers of water and ice a bad thing? She is a strategist .She has a defensive attack with the mist so the others can get a direct hit. She is far from being worthless  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:12 pm
I love Mercury because she was very intelligent and she could figure out ways to help the others out whether it was escaping or places to attack that would help. Yeah, her powers were rather boring sometimes but she played her part just as well as the other girls.  

heavensdark

Dangerous Prophet

26,665 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

============
The art of being wise

heart I think the most useless thing about her was the first attack she ever had. Otherwise, she was pretty kick-a** heart

is the art of knowing what to overlook
============

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 am
She's quite important, she can hide them (comes in handy ALOT) and she is super smart and has that neat little computer.  

Rowan of Kasai

Kawaii Nymph

21,875 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady Sedia Auvryarn

Friendly Conversationalist

8,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:19 pm
User Image

I lay myself down :: On these nails that I call my release
On these meanings I use just to please :: How these ghosts brought my you tend to tease

Amy one of the most loved anime characters ever in Japan and lots of other places... oh yes, I would say she is just terrible rolleyes hehe
User Image

And your lonely, your my only, it's a lifeline
A center that brings me to you...User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Frequency 54 - The Waltz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:23 pm
Honestly I thought she was kinda the weakest but not a useless scout- but when she gained Aqua Rapsody she ranked up in my opinion. c: But my cousin thought she was the prettiest scout bc she seemed the most normal to him.  

Azeizel

Sailor Tourmaline

7,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:26 pm
In the beginning, her attack is pointless, but she is really smart. Without her, they'd never find the youma's weakness! She is an important sailor SENSHI! (I sacrifice noobs who go by the dub :3)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:06 pm
She has always been my favorite Senshi and one of my favorite anime characters ever. I can agree that some of her attacks weren't the strongest, but strength is not always something physical. She obviously had plenty of invaluable brain strength and she was a very kind and caring person. Like the other Senshi, she was a true friend, and had the strength to stand up for what she believed in and what she felt was right.  

ladycobalt

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:48 pm
She's one of the most important. Specially early on. Back when enemies actually had a single hard to find weakness. With her newest power she could probably be the most over powered of all. Freeze them and then kick them. Game over. Screw burning them. Forget turning them back. Don't taze 'em bro! Why get all bondage queen with a laser chain? Freeze and destroy. Nothing more lethal than being turned into an ice cube and then getting smashed.

She's the big gun that never gets fully utilized. Like a nuclear bomb. Used in some capacity but hopefully never truly needed.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Sailor Mercury was important because she could analyse combat situations, make logical conclusions that resulted 9 times out of 10 in a tactical advantage for the other Senshi, and had powers that created even further tactical advantages. She was very important. Each battle (and life situation for that matter) can be thought of as a game of chess; if you do not plan ahead, are unable to adapt to sudden changes, do not keep a keen eye trained on the situation at hand and plan accordingly, or have a strategy in general, you will lose.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

zZzNuki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 pm
without ami the sailor scouts would be running around like chickens with their heads cut off till they finally were destroyed ami actually provides an answer to alot of fights saying shes worthless is like saying sub zeros worthless which is far from true  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm
Ahh yes, I myself have come across many a parody where poor Sailor Mercury is downplaid as being the scout that no one cares about.

Personally I LOVE Sailor Mercury and she is very key to the team. Without her the team would have no idea what to do, what was going on, or even how to do things. She shows that the team does have brains behind it and there are reasons why things happen the way they do.

I think there's several reasons why this happens to her.
1) Her physical strength is rather poor
2) She's smart, IRL if you were Ami you would be a total loser, so sadly, this projects in fandom.
3) She has short hair. I know what you're thinking "Huh??" let me explain, in anime Hair is a MAJOR things and it's very common for female characters to have extremely long hair, her hair is short, therefore an anomoly and people tend not to like that. (It's a psychological reason)
4) She's not as "love" crazy as the other scouts tend to be, and she also has a very calm personality, when you compare her to how in-your-face her fellow characters can be, Mercury is sadly put in the background.
5) She doesn't have any outrageous hobbies so she's often drawn simply reading or studying.

These aren't reasons to hate her or anything, it's just WHY she's played off certain ways.

IMO the most useless Scout is Sailor Moon herself (IN THE BEGINNING), she fails at being a leader and most of the time stands there and doesn't defend until Tuxedo Mask comes along and tells her to do stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love that little meatball head to death, but at the start she definetly takes a long time to get used to this whole "superhero" business.  

Kawaisa Sailor Moon

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Suugah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:30 am
I think any of the Sailor Soldiers can be very strong if they know how to use their different strengths effectively.

Ami is so versatile. She is strong as a Sailor Soldier. She is strong in the real world (well anime world) through securing her future by getting a good job requiring college education.

I read the Sailor Moon Manga (got up to chapter 13 sweatdrop ) I dunno if it's not translated correctly but Usagi met each of the Inner Soldiers.

One of the first things she says about each of them is that they're beautiful. But she doesn't say that about Ami. Whyyyy? She's pretty. crying  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff