Meet and Greet (Come introduce yourself!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Petit Marionette
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:57 pm
Welcome to z!AHQ, everybody! Here's the spot to introduce yourself to your fellow guildies and greet new members as they join. Don't be shy!

To start you off, here are some suggestions for things you might want to share about yourself:

Nicknames and what you prefer to be called
Age (On Gaia and/or in real life)
Where you live
Why you joined z!AHQ/what you hope to get out of the guild
Hobbies
Pets
Your job or what you hope to do in the future
Strange fears or phobias
Any other fun facts!

Of course, feel; free to tell us as much or little about yourself as you like - these are merely suggestions.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:03 pm
Hi everybody~ I'm Petit, but you can also call me Steph. I live in Minnesota (the north-central part of the US), with my mom and three cats. I'm 20 years old and currently getting my generals out of the way at a local community college. After I've done that, I plan on majoring in Secondary Education (I want to be a high school social studies teacher) with a double minor in Japanese and Psychology.

I've lived in both Japan and Sweden as an exchange student, and am really looking forward to going back to Japan to teach English for a few years after college. I'm not-so-secretly terrified of clowns after being chased by one in a grocery store when I was three years old, and have an insane fear of fish, otherwise knows as icthyophobia. xD

If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, don't hesitate to ask! And please forgive my abuse of exclamation points and emoticons. I'm trying to get better, and every knows that the first step in recovery is admitting that you have a problem, right? wink  

Petit Marionette
Vice Captain

Reglare Excile

Friendly Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:09 pm
I am Walker(Not real name). I live in the Philippines, and is quite an introvert in the real world and here. I am in this guild to know more people who likes zOMG, information about it, and to possibly help those around here.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:57 pm
Hi, I'm magebabe76, just call me magebabe (but not babe, I hate when people call me that in RL and it transfers here). I'm halfway to 20 and 1149 days old on gaia. (that's over three years) I took almost a year off of gaia and have just come back on in the past 3-4 months.

I live in Oregon, not too far from where they filmed Twilight, and will probably always live here so I can stay near my mom-who has always been my best friend. I live with two cats, the latest I saved from the shelter after having completely broken down in the store like an idiot. She's my baby now.

I love to do anything artistic. For just fun I like drawing, painting, writing, graphic arts, making cards/gifts, and photography. I am restricted from working or continuing my education because of health issues, but when I'm better I plan to put my skills to use and publish some book series, design anime-in-mind fashions, and make coffee table art books.

I've had 8 surgeries since 8th grade, five of them being spinal surgery. However, I still remain an anomaly to the docs. If anyone wants to know more I'll certainly tell.

I joined here because I loved the zOMG! Awareness week and wanted to get wind of other events just like it. I'd also love to contribute ideas. I've had an itch to be interactive in something and I think I've found it!  

magebabe76

Sparkly Vampire

9,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Elyssandra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 pm
Hi everyone, I'm Elyssandra, but you can just call me Ely or Elys. I live in Michigan, which is in the North Eastern part of the US. I recently graduated from college with a degree in Social Theory and Policy, and hope to work in the Non-Profit field (any job right now would be nice, though).

I've been on Gaia for over 5 1/2 years, almost since the beginning! I was a zETA tester for zOMG!, and have been hooked ever since. I also hang out in the Art Freebies thread, where I love giving free art to people, and Gaia Blackjack and Jigsaw, both of which I find addicting.

I look forward to planning more events with you guys, and sharing my love of zOMG!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:28 pm
Hello~

I go by Mero. :3 I'm 22 and I live in the central part of the US. I am a full time college student, studying business and work part time in retail. I can't handle sitting down for long hours. So, I enjoy the fun of being able to run about a store. I know eventually that I'll have to suck it up and get a real job.

I was one of the first zETA testers. zOMG has always been a good answer for me. When I came back from my hiatus, it was really zOMG that kept me from leaving again. I hope that one day, more people will play the game.  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Artoro
Crew

Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
/wanted to be first XD

Well, I'm Artoro, as you can see, but you can just call me whatever relates to my username 3nodding

/Is bad at these things

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:27 pm
It's great to meet you all!

Walker: I'm an introvert too, but for me I have an easier time taking online than irl. (But it's still exhausting either way!) How about you? Is it any easier for you online, or are you equally introverted in both places?

Magebabe: May I call you Mage? I think that's a cute nickname, and certainly better than "Babe"! xD I like art too - I especially love drawing, painting, hand-sewing, photography and collage. That sounds like it will be a lot of fun to publish books; especially coffee table books! What do you mean by fashions inspired by anime? It sounds very interesting, but I can't quite picture how that sort of style would look! I hope that you'll be better soon so you can fully pursue your dreams!

Ely: What exactly does Social Theory and Policy involve? It sounds fascinating, and like something I'd be interested in learning about. /socialstudiesnerd

Mero: Haha - I never knew that about you! Do you have any idea what you might want to do as a "real job" down the line? I'm sure you could find something that doesn't require you sitting behind a desk all day. :3 (My worst nightmare is being stuck in a cubicle pushing papers! gonk )

Artoro: Well, I'm going to call you Art, in that case! is says on your profile that you're a percussionist! That's really cool. What instrument do you play?  

Petit Marionette
Vice Captain

Reglare Excile

Friendly Warlord

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 pm
It's easier for me online. ^^
But then I'll need to shut up or I can't stop writing. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
@Petit: I usually play my snare drum, but I can play a lot more XD
Mostly, I just play my drum set at home though

Artoro
Crew

Millionaire

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 am
Petit Marionette
Mero: Haha - I never knew that about you! Do you have any idea what you might want to do as a "real job" down the line? I'm sure you could find something that doesn't require you sitting behind a desk all day. :3 (My worst nightmare is being stuck in a cubicle pushing papers! gonk )

I do have an idea of what I want for a real job. xd

But after I finish this year in school, I will probably get some sort of desk job because my part time retail job wont pay for 4 year college. ._. It's done well to pay for my 2 year college though. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:19 pm
Petit Marionette

Ely: What exactly does Social Theory and Policy involve? It sounds fascinating, and like something I'd be interested in learning about. /socialstudiesnerd

My first year we focused a lot on sociology, like the works and theories of Marx, Weber and Durkheim, and also a lot of statistical analysis.

My later years, I chose to focus my course work on social movements, like Civil Rights and the 2nd Wave of Feminism, and on social policies, like welfare and social security. It is amazing to watch how one small factor, like a law or a group of protesters, can change society forever. /issocialstudiesnerdtoo  

Elyssandra
Crew

Jocktlwg

Aged Noob

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:29 pm
Hello Everyone I'm Jake or General either way is fine with me. Some of you may recognize me, others will begin to know me later. In zOMG I sit by the tree in the Village Greens next to the gate and help all those who need it. (because I'm bored.)
I'm 15 years old and if I had to guess my avi would be 22.

I live in the US, alwas have and always will.
So I joined this place because I was bored and I spend nearly most of my time on there but guilds are fun and this is a one in 3 chanses I'll be social.

I draw everything from my fandoms to OC's and comics. But reading once in a while ain't so bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:19 pm
Hi Jake - nice to meet you!

Ooh, thanks for the responses, everyone~ I'll be back later to type up some decent-length replies; I had a really hard day today and am a bit frazzled for proper socializing. >///<;  

Petit Marionette
Vice Captain

Nebula Hammer

5,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Never fear, Bohumir Fogg is here. Though you folks can just call me Fog, all my friends do. I'm 22 years old, I live in Alabama, but I'm neither a redneck or hillbilly. Just putting that out there. I'm currently unemployed. So I've got alot of free time on my hands. Spend most of it here on gaia, playing zOMG.
Other than that, I'm in the process of getting my G.E.D(yes, I'm a highschool dropout-wanna fight about it?)
I plan on going to college, when the chance arises, for Computer animation.
Anyway...I enjoy reading fantasy novels, doodling, and cooking.

Things I hate are as follows:
Lady Gaga, The Twilight Saga, Hot-Topic, Manga(of any sort), Rap music, Country music, trendy fools,
shows like 90210 & One Tree Hill, and Marilyn Manson.  
zOMG! Awareness HQ

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff