Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 am
OH MY GODD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:28 am
It looks awesome. There are more pictures at the Nintendo E3 network site, can't wait to see more of it. Love the fact that it's Snake Eater so far, was my favorite in the series.  

Master_Glink

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:30 am
Master_Glink
It looks awesome. There are more pictures at the Nintendo E3 network site, can't wait to see more of it. Love the fact that it's Snake Eater so far, was my favorite in the series.

Well no s**t! Naked Goddamned Snake!
Not to mention The Boss!
EVA.

3D.
WIN.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:20 pm
Great. Now the Boss can kick my a** IN THREEEEEEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  

MaverickDrifter

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:49 pm
I want to be excited.

But I'm worried.

Such a huge ******** game, I'm not sure how they'll fit it all on a 3DS. I don't want one of my favorite games gimped.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:56 pm
Master_Glink
I think Peace Walker is more fun. Though I love MGS3, second favorite at the moment.  

Eggs.com

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:33 pm
Allegro
I want to be excited.

But I'm worried.

Such a huge ******** game, I'm not sure how they'll fit it all on a 3DS. I don't want one of my favorite games gimped.

The memory for 3DS games are allot higher than DS or DSi games so I'm pretty sure it'll be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:26 pm
Skaeryll
Allegro
I want to be excited.

But I'm worried.

The memory for 3DS games are allot higher than DS or DSi games so I'm pretty sure it'll be fine.

Yeah, as big as MGS3 was, the 3DS has a 2Gb max cartridge size at launch for now. I'm pretty sure Kojima can cram all sorts of awesome into that package.

@Eggs.com:

I haven't played Peace Walker yet, but from my past experience with Portable Ops, I think this one has the top spot in my list. Don't get me wrong PO was good (even if I can't ever seem to finish it), but it doesn't compete with this in my opinion. I mean, Snake Eater is my favorite MGS game, and I'm getting it in 3D? On a DS with touch, camera, mic and motion control!? I can just think of all the possibilities: Keeping your DS steady to steady your aim, being silent to remain hidden, setting up traps and devices with the touch screen and maybe even having custom camouflage patterns captured by the camera! We might even get a MGO on the 3DS and play online with others, or use the DS "tag" feature to interact with other covert operatives during our mission to gain intel or items!  

Master_Glink

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 pm
Skaeryll
Allegro
I want to be excited.

But I'm worried.

I just looked up a ROM of the game: 4.24 Gigs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:36 pm
Yeah, the original was on a DVD and this game might even look a little better than the PS2 one so I wouldn't be surprised if large amounts of content was cut (or just compressed).  

Waynebrizzle

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:39 pm
Waynebrizzle
Yeah, the original was on a DVD and this game might even look a little better than the PS2 one so I wouldn't be surprised if large amounts of content was cut (or just compressed).

Perhaps, but it's also apparently not a port... So if they're making specifically for the 3DS the size of the PS2 game might not matter as much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 pm
Waynebrizzle
Which kinda sucks, because there are so many amazing set pieces in that game; it's sad to think that they'll be robbing people of experiencing them.  

Allegro

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:45 pm
There are tricks for content cramming. Trimming an optimizing space. And Devs are always getting better at it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:40 am
UNNNGH METAL GEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:57 am
There are a menagerie of tricks for compressing files that become more and more apparent as time goes on, especially when it's been what, over five ********: Kegan said it too. But yeah.

CALM YOURSELF ALLEGRO EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE OK OMG  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces