For people who are not 12 or 13. 

Tags: Adult, Awesome, Misc 

Reply <Entertainment & Music>
Board games + children's games! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were you more of a sit-down, board game kid or an outside, activity-lover?
  I was mainly indoors.
  Mostly outdoorsy.
  Both!
  I took great pleasure in naptime.
View Results

Madame No
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:02 am
We have a video game thread, "currently listening to" thread, books thread...

What about other games?

What were your favorite board games and/or kids' games?

I was hugely into Yahtzee (still am), Life, and Clue.

Also, hide & seek (which is a great song by Imogen Heap, by the way), though it was totally unfair when my brother lifted up the storage part of our sectional couch and let my friend hide in there. At least she was light-headed when she got out...

How about you other 18+ folks?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:26 am
Well I still play Monoply and fail at Chess, and im ok at Liars Dice. I like cards more, like Poker and Black Jack. I havent played Yahtzee in years.  

Scratch Crow

Madame No
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:40 am
Brutality I Invoke
Well I still play Monoply and fail at Chess, and im ok at Liars Dice. I like cards more, like Poker and Black Jack. I havent played Yahtzee in years.

Liars Dice? I haven't heard of that.

I was never very good at Chess or Monopoly.. But at least I was always the banker!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:19 am
lol In Liars Dice theres 4 people who have like 5 or 6 dice each, its been a while since Ive played, and each one has a cup and you shake them in the cup like yahtzee then slam the cup on the table and look at your dice, basicaly the goal is to fool the opposition with by lying about the number on your die and how many die are on that number. It'd be easier if you looked it up. xD  

Scratch Crow

Madame No
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:25 am
Brutality I Invoke
lol In Liars Dice theres 4 people who have like 5 or 6 dice each, its been a while since Ive played, and each one has a cup and you shake them in the cup like yahtzee then slam the cup on the table and look at your dice, basicaly the goal is to fool the opposition with by lying about the number on your die and how many die are on that number. It'd be easier if you looked it up. xD

Oh, I would, but my religion opposes using Google or any other search engine.. :/

Kidding. I'll do that. :]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:04 am
lol I would have typed the whole rules but im typing with one han.d xP  

Scratch Crow

Madame No
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:50 am
Brutality I Invoke
lol I would have typed the whole rules but im typing with one han.d xP

o-o Why is that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:52 am
I triped over the charger cord and the laptop went for a ride, so now i have to hold the screen up. xD  

Scratch Crow

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:07 am
Heh...personally I tend to type with one hand almost all the time! xd

My favorites as a kid were Hungry, Hungry Hippos, Ants in the Pants, Cootie, and Chutes and Ladders. There also was a game called Oh, What a Mountain! which was really fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:40 am
~Aliit ori'shya tal'din.~

I have always loved Clue and Parcheesi in particular. When I was younger, I got Scooby-Doo Clue for birthday or Christmas one year, which was about ten times better. I also love Monopoly and found Star Wars Monopoly at a garage sale for just a couple of bucks. I was ecstatic, especially when I discovered it still has all the pieces. biggrin

~Family is more than blood.~

No Name the Walrus

Newbie Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150

Lettora Draconia
Crew

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:32 pm
Hl HO! CHERRY-O, guess who, and clue as a small child... then in my teens it was cribbage, 500 Rummy and Egyptian rat ********  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 pm
My favorite game in the world is Wits and Wagers. If you haven't played you better get hip!  

wunderbreadgoddess

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:29 pm
Madame No
Brutality I Invoke

Oh, I would, but my religion opposes using Google or any other search engine.. :/

Kidding. I'll do that. :]

If you've seen Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, one of the scenes shows Liar's Dice.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:13 pm
Two of the board games I can never get rid of are Stratego and Talisman; my brother would always wipe the floor with me whenever we played.

I'm looking forward to the day I actually beat him in something. xp  

MartianSongbird

No Name the Walrus

Newbie Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:31 am
Lettora Draconia
Hl HO! CHERRY-O, guess who, and clue as a small child... then in my teens it was cribbage, 500 Rummy and Egyptian rat ******** class="clear">

~Aliit ori'shya tal'din.~

Have to ask: What in the world is Egyptian rat ********? O.o

~Family is more than blood.~

<Entertainment & Music>

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out