Lolitas Depicted In The Media Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like seeing lolita on TV?
  Yes, it's awesome!
  It's okay if they do it right.
  Not really, I don't want it to become mainstream! (outside Japan)
  NUUUUU!!!!! $%&*!@
View Results

Lafu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:23 am
I want to make a list of all the shows, movies, etc. that Lolita has been depicted in. More live action than anime or cartoon but feel free to point those out too.

So far my list is very small but here we go!

United States:
1. Bones - Season 4, Episode 23 "The Girl In The Mask"
2. Jessica Simpson: The Price of Beauty - Season 1, Episode 6 "Tokyo, Japan"
3. ABC Channel 7 News - Lolita Interview
4. Incubus (MV) - Black Heart Intertia
5. America's Next Top Model - Season 3, Episode 9 "The Girls Meet Taye Diggs"
6. Paramore (MV) - Brick By Boring Brick

Japan:
1. Kamikaze Girls

I vaguely know of a few more but can't think of them off the top of my head D=  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 am
I'm actually a big fan of Bones. Must have missed that episode, want to download it now. I like the idea of this list so far. smile  

A Doll Named Mouse

Lafu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 pm
A Doll Named Mouse
I'm actually a big fan of Bones. Must have missed that episode, want to download it now. I like the idea of this list so far. smile

Yeah me too razz I squee'd a bit when Booth actually knew what sweet lolita was (from working as a cop in Japan for...I think it was 2 years?) though I'm more a fan of the other subsets of lolita than sweet but still, it was something XD

I just wish they had more to do with the episode sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:07 pm
I don't keep up with Bones, but I'm gunna watch that episode!
I'm glad I have Netflix xD

The World Within

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:26 pm
How about not just lolitas in the media, but being that lolita in the media? Haha!

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM0zBDaKv10

Last year we were stopped by the Channel 7 News crew just after a lolita meet up, walking from the museum to the metro to go home. ^_^ I'm one of the girls he interviewed, in a white blouse, black headdress, and black jumperskirt (NOT THE ONE IN THE WHITE DRESS AND BLACK WIG! Sorry I said white wig, she's worn a white wig on occasion.). ^_^ It was awesome, I just wish I could have gotten a better copy of the segment.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 am
Alpha Drug
How about not just lolitas in the media, but being that lolita in the media? Haha!

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM0zBDaKv10

Last year we were stopped by the Channel 7 News crew just after a lolita meet up, walking from the museum to the metro to go home. ^_^ I'm one of the girls he interviewed, in a white blouse, black headdress, and black jumperskirt (NOT THE ONE IN THE WHITE WIG!). ^_^ It was awesome, I just wish I could have gotten a better copy of the segment.

Oh wow that's awesome XD I'd totally say that counts razz you looked adorable!  

Lafu

Marubelles

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 am
I was in a magazine once when they covered a fashion show I was in...Maybe I still have a scan somewhere e_e

Ohh theres a few other lolita titles in Japan...
Buuut I can't remember them xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:53 pm
personally i don't mind. Mostly cause i would like stores closer to me. But i don't want it to be all to popular either.  

Fire-cat14

bottled charm

5,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 pm

two sweet lolita's were in an Incubus' music video. I forgot the name though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm
Monochrome Zelfie

two sweet lolita's were in an Incubus' music video. I forgot the name though.

K, added ^^ I was going to link to the exact second they showed up but they geoblocked Sweden D= grrr  

Lafu

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:49 pm
I saw Black Heart Inertia last night. I was confused as to what the lolitas were doing there. Besides making the girls in the winged corsets look even more trashy than they would have otherwise.
I just think, without the lolitas there for comparison, they might have just been girls in a music video, mostly there to look pretty. But next to the lolis, I think the fact they were in their underwear was more pronounced.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:29 pm
At least one of the lolitas in the Incubus video is also in the episode of Bones, though she didn't wear lolita in the show. From what I read, the only people in full-blown lolita in the show were, oddly enough considering that they put out an open call for lolita-themed extras, paid actors. The extras were all in "Japanese street style", in the end.

spuntino
Crew

A Doll Named Mouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:39 pm
the black heart inertia video your link goes to was taken down. how bout the vevo one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1e4nIxSVUk  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:42 pm
A Doll Named Mouse
the black heart inertia video your link goes to was taken down. how bout the vevo one? ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1e4nIxSVUk

Fix'd. It's hard for me to tell because they all geo block me XD even that one ;A; but i'll take your word on that it works.  

Lafu

Princess of Rhymes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 pm
Does anyone have a link for the Bones episode?  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff