Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zOMG Olympics

Back to Guilds

Do you have what it takes? 

Tags: zOMG Olymypics, zOlympics, The zOMG Olympics, zomg contest, olympics 

Reply The zOMG Olympics
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE! (FAQ in first post) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KnitKait
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:39 pm
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What are Power-ups?

A: Power-ups are the things that you get early on in the game and can buy with Gaia Cash at Back Alley Bargains. They are not allowed for this competition as not everyone can afford to get them. The list of Power-ups not allowed includes: Superchargers, Ghi Amps , Double Orbs, and Revives.

Q: What rings can’t I use?

A: The only two rings that cannot be used are Fortune’s Favor and Sweetheart. The rest of the rings can be obtained in game while these two require one to purchase them in the marketplace. Not everyone can afford to get these rings, and as such they are not allowed just like power-ups. All other rings (including meat, defib, and any other ring not listed here that isn’t one of the two mentioned above) are allowed.

Q: How do I make a team?

A: The instructions for creating a team are given in this thread. If you need more members for your team, go to the Recruiting Subforum and either create a thread, or look through this one for people needing a team.

Q: What is TCL?

A: TCL is your Total Charge Level. This number is the total number of orbs you earned while playing zOMG!. Orbs gained when salvaging rings do not add to this total, but orbs received by killing monsters, completing quests, and opening chests do. To find your TCL, select yourself, click the arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of the target window, and click Character Info. Your TCL is the number listed beside Total Charge right beneath Overall CL.

Q: What are the events?

A: Information about the events can be found in this thread. For this round of the zOlympics, there will be 5 events: Duneslam, The Hive, Gauntlet, Stone Coatl, and Shallow Seas.

Q: When are team applications due?

A: Team applications are due by June 30th. If you wish to have a team participating, make sure you get your application turned in by that time.

Q: Am I allowed to make a team?

A: Anyone who wants to make a team can do so, but as a team captain, you are in charge of getting together the entry fee, getting your team ready for events, contacting one of the judges to judge your crew, and making sure everyone understands the rules of each event and the contest overall.

Q: My CL is 9.9 and my total charge (TCL) is 3000, can I join?

A: To participate, you must be CL 10 and have a total charge of at least 3500 by the start date of the contest (June 30th). If you aren’t quite there yet and still want to participate, you still have some time. Some good ways to increase your CL and total charge include Papa Saw, Duneslam, and possibly farming the sandtrap fluffs in Village Greens.

Q: Am I allowed to choose whoever I want for my team?

A: Yes, you can have a team with whoever you want on it. You can have a clan team, a guild team, a team of friends, or even a team of random people, as long as they meet the requirements in the question above.

Q: OMG, someone is using Sweetheart/Fortune's Favor in one of the videos or using diagnose or bandage in the Hive video!! That's breaking the rules!!!

A: The videos are not official runs for the contest. They were runs made by the judges and some of their friends to give people a general idea of how the events will work.

Q: How do we get into Gauntlet if we have already done it? You can't get in there unless you go there with someone who hasn't done it yet...

A: The judges have prepared mule accounts that they will use for judging the Gauntlet event. Since they will be in your crew to judge the event, your team will be able to get into the Gauntlet.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:40 pm
reserved

KnitKait
Crew

KnitKait
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:41 pm
reserved

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:09 pm
Hiya, a question: Does a contestant's CL have to be 10.0 to participate?  

mayuralover

Beloved Fairy

49,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Noubelle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm
mayuralover
Hiya, a question: Does a contestant's CL have to be 10.0 to participate?

yes. you need to be 10.0 with a TCL of 5000 or more

edited by bo_bannan: but if your TCL is close to 5000, you can still join.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:54 pm
Hi! Okay so i am JUST a little confused...

1. What do you mean by "If you TCL is close to 5k, then you can join." Whithin 500 of 5000 for your TCL? Or closer?

2. Does our team have to participate in EVERY event, or do we only sign up for ones that we want to?

3. For every event, do we have to pay 150k entry fee, or does that entry fee include ALL events?

Thanks! I was just a little muddled. smile  

The curious explorer

4,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150

Bobannan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:00 pm
mabuhay_12
Hi! Okay so i am JUST a little confused...

1. What do you mean by "If you TCL is close to 5k, then you can join." Whithin 500 of 5000 for your TCL? Or closer?

2. Does our team have to participate in EVERY event, or do we only sign up for ones that we want to?

3. For every event, do we have to pay 150k entry fee, or does that entry fee include ALL events?

Thanks! I was just a little muddled. smile

1. anything within 3500+

2. you participate for every event if you want to win

3. the entry fee covers ALL of the events, and it is split between your crew  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:19 pm
If sweetheart is not allowed... then why do they use it in the video on the front page when thier fighting duneslam?  

Pinestar of ThunderClan

5,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Invisibility 100

Dinokan

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:22 pm
Pinestar of ThunderClan
If sweetheart is not allowed... then why do they use it in the video on the front page when thier fighting duneslam?

That was an old Olympic i believe this is new razz We always change up the rules to try to make this Event Fair and exciting. Just like trying to Edit an essay razz you have to change a few things to make it better  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:22 pm
Pinestar of ThunderClan

The videos were created just to give people an idea of what goes on for the events. They are not videos of teams doing official runs, just some of us judges and our friends doing runs to be taped to give a general idea of what you must do for the events.  

KnitKait
Crew

Pinestar of ThunderClan

5,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:23 pm
I see, i thought these were actual teams.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:25 pm
you have to be atleast a 10.0?aw crap.  

tobi-san1

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Dinokan

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:28 pm
tobi-san1

As long as your close, And pluse you still have like.. about 1 week left! Upgrade yourself!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:38 pm
Dinokan
tobi-san1

As long as your close, And pluse you still have like.. about 1 week left! Upgrade yourself!
i'm just a 4.4! D: I'd have to play 24/7 to get to that level!  

tobi-san1

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
The zOMG Olympics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items