Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
So I got bit by something at work... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I don't know what it was.
  But I'm still alive.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:44 pm
I've been concerned cuz we've had several reports from people who've found brown recluse spiders in the building. But my doctor says it should be find, just to keep an eye on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:56 pm
*huggles purple and forces you to relax beats up your boss and covers your shifts for ya so you can rest and relax after such a scare.* Hope it stays nothing major purple.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Tybarious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 pm
that reminds me of the time I woke up with a bite on my cheek and it soon swelled to point where I could barely look out of my eye. Luckily it wasn't anything bad and it the swelling went away after a couple of days.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:13 am
*shows up in a spider-woman costume and bites Purple* Rawr!!!

.....I really hope it wasn't a spider that got you. Maybe just a pesky other household bug. I would imagine that working at a job like yours that you encounter sometimes household pests that have been brought in with donations. *frown*

[rinioa]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:00 am
Yeah, we find all kinds of stuff in donation bags and boxes. Just last week, we found maggots. xp Yay. And there've been spiders and mice and beetles of all kinds. That stuff doesn't bother me usually, but now I'm a little nervous about going back. I'm considering asking for a transfer to an office position if it's still open.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:38 am
purpleravenhawk
I've been concerned cuz we've had several reports from people who've found brown recluse spiders in the building. But my doctor says it should be find, just to keep an eye on it.

Does anything seem a bit off in this line to you?
LOL
Not very often I get to correct you ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:23 pm
Purple: Well I hope you can get that position then if that's what you want or will at least feel more comfortable with.

Dude: *blinks* Wow I hadn't even noticed. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:24 am
Dude, if I pointed out every typo you made like that, I'd be the busiest mod on gaia. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:07 pm
Eh, I think everyone makes typo mistakes. (XD) And plus, she's hurt! Give her some slack! *giggle*

Maggots? *shudders* That's so yuck.
I think that if you are worried about your health, then you should try to transfer to another position. I don't know how people can donate things like that. Whenever I make donations to Goodwill, I always check through it myself to make sure nothing is broken or disgusting in any way.

[rinioa]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:42 am
True, but I hardly EVER get the chance, so I take it when I get it.

ALSO, must people don't go through their stuff before ditching it... apparently...

It's like Dr Dufenshmirtz said...

"ALWAYS LOOK IN THE BOX"
(lightning and general horror movie effects) ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:42 pm
Yeah, during the summer especially, people just grab s**t out of their attic and basement and truck it on over to us. xp So annoying. We end throwing most of it out anyway cuz it's all crappy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:51 pm
Oh god... spiders...I can barely deal with small house spiders. Half the time they make me scream like a japanese schoolgirl. The other day though I woke up with a spider in my bed. I nearly passed out. That was the first time in my life that ever happened. lol

What does a brown recluse look like anyway? *shudders just thinking of spiders*  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:43 pm
I think I'm developing arachnophobia myself. I spent the weekend watching for spiders in the house, I spent today at work watching for bugs and spiders, and every time I try to go to sleep at night, I see spiders in my head. gonk

Brown recluses come in different sizes and shades of brown, some with stripes, but the one thing they all have is a violin-shaped spot of dark brown on their backs. They love attics, basements, wood, cardboard, and the dark.

I also spent my weekend learning about brown recluses. I can tell you practically anything there is to know about them now. sweatdrop

Ironically, they are apparently not the only thing I have to worry about at work, tho. I killed a fire ant there today. gonk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 am
I've disliked spiders for years.

Except daddy-long-legs...
They're ok ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:05 pm
There was a Daddy-Long-Legs in my bathroom ...but the kitty ate it. ( >_< )

[rinioa]

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces