Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:31 pm
Go ahead and post what things about the Bible God has put in your heart.

My 1st discovery (Several weeks old):

There are many things God has created in the world to represent or depict several passages in the Bible. For example, a seed cannot grow in darkness, it must have a form of light, mostly sunlight. Also, in the book of Ephesians, chapter five, verse(s) 9: "For the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth", and 11: "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." The seed (the fruit of the spirit) cannot thrive within darkness (sin), but within sunlight (righteousness), so may it produce good fruit. So may it also not be thrown into the fire; Matthew 7:19: "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire (Hell)." Yet nobody in the world sees this. (Most people explain it away as 'science'.) God makes these connections for a reason. He is trying to warn us of the consequences of unrepentance.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Well, this isn't so much from the Bible...
But, when I took my respite yesterday, I came to realize just HOW MUCH I love you guys. You guys put a smile on my face every day, and I love sharing time with you.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:51 pm
I don't mind, go ahead and post ANY of your discoveries related to God and/or other awesome things.

Cool! All my Gaia friends are awesome! They've been a real help to me lately.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:18 pm
All of the Latter-day Saint beliefs and doctrines are contained in the Bible if you know where to look.

Modern revelation is necessary to understand the principles of eternity!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Lucky-Emi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:25 pm
We cannot live without God
Pretty much all of us knew that anyway, but I found something symbolizing God in the human body: Laminin
It's in the shape of a cross. I posted something about this earlier. Hmm...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:39 pm
Lucky-Emi

There are lots of people living just fine without God. Please don't take this the wrong way, but having God in ones life is not necessary for living day to day.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

rosadria
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 pm
Shadows-shine
Lucky-Emi

There are lots of people living just fine without God. Please don't take this the wrong way, but having God in ones life is not necessary for living day to day.

I disagree. They may be physically alive outside of God, but they are spiritually dead. They are outside of Christ, and their lives are ultimately meaningless. Their eternal death reflects the rejection of God and spiritual death that they are currently engaged in. Sure, they might do good things, but the Bible says our righteousness is like filthy rags. They might be "good" but being "good" isn't good enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:46 pm
Shadows-shine
Lucky-Emi

we all have god with us even if we dont accept him. god tries to leave us hints to find him if we have not accepted him yet, at least thats what i believe. even when i denied god he still helped me and stayed with me, keeping me safe and guiding me to him slowly  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Lucky-Emi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:52 pm
Shadows-shine
Lucky-Emi

I guess I should have worded that a little more carefully...
I meant without him in our lives, we rot in hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:58 pm
I emphasize this
Quote:
having God in ones life is not necessary for living day to day.

I was not looking at the eternal perspective here...I was simply saying people do not need God to go on with their day to day lives. He is not necessary to get up in the morning and get going, nor is He necessary to do any thing in the day to day routine. Tell an atheist that they need God to feel "spiritually" alive and they will vehemently disagree with you. Tell them that they need God to live, they again will disagree. There are lots of Christians out there who have God, but are "spiritually dead", but I have seen lots of atheists who are spiritually alive more so than some Christians. And not every one sees their lives suddenly full of meaning just because they don't have Christ. Tell that to an atheist and see what they say. There is a lot of meaning in this life that one does not need God for.

And let me ask, what of those religions that do not believe in the God of the Bible? Buddists? Wiccans? Some of them are very spiritually intune with that of nature and very much alive spiritually.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:01 pm
Lucky-Emi
Shadows-shine
Lucky-Emi

I guess I should have worded that a little more carefully...
I meant without him in our lives, we rot in hell.

It's all good. I understood what you meant. I was just throwing that out there for opinions  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:10 pm
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:

I was not looking at the eternal perspective here...I was simply saying people do not need God to go on with their day to day lives. He is not necessary to get up in the morning and get going, nor is He necessary to do any thing in the day to day routine. Tell an atheist that they need God to feel "spiritually" alive and they will vehemently disagree with you. Tell them that they need God to live, they again will disagree. There are lots of Christians out there who have God, but are "spiritually dead", but I have seen lots of atheists who are spiritually alive more so than some Christians. And not every one sees their lives suddenly full of meaning just because they don't have Christ. Tell that to an atheist and see what they say. There is a lot of meaning in this life that one does not need God for.

And let me ask, what of those religions that do not believe in the God of the Bible? Buddists? Wiccans? Some of them are very spiritually intune with that of nature and very much alive spiritually.

Well technically we can't live without Him because He created us. Wow I bet I sound annoying lol.  

Lucky-Emi

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:14 pm
Lucky-Emi
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:

Well technically we can't live without Him because He created us. Wow I bet I sound annoying lol.

Well that's not the type of life I am talking about. I am just talking about the day to day routines that people have. Any one can function without God. He isn't up in Heaven micro-managing our lives.

And no, you don't sound annoying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:20 pm
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:

Just because they disagree with you, or see their lives one way, does not mean that they are correct. It matters relatively little if they think that they are spiritually dead or not. Fact is, they are. There is only one way to the Father - The Lord Jesus Christ.

You do nothing outside of His will. Not a single breath you take is by your own power. Everything in your day to day routine functions as it does, or even simply exists, because He has willed it. God is sovereign. God is more precious than food or water or good health or physical safety.

Sure, there are some Buddhists and Wiccans that are very spiritual, but not every spirit is of God. You can be spiritual all you like, but apart from God, it is completely worthless. These religions are false, and those who practice them and hold their gods to be higher than the One True God spit in His face, and they will eventually sit before Him in judgement. They are dead.  

rosadria
Crew

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:25 pm
VK Fox
Shadows-shine
I emphasize this
Quote:

Just because they disagree with you, or see their lives one way, does not mean that they are correct. It matters relatively little if they think that they are spiritually dead or not. Fact is, they are. There is only one way to the Father - The Lord Jesus Christ.

You do nothing outside of His will. Not a single breath you take is by your own power. Everything in your day to day routine functions as it does, or even simply exists, because He has willed it. God is sovereign. God is more precious than food or water or good health or physical safety.

Sure, there are some Buddhists and Wiccans that are very spiritual, but not every spirit is of God. You can be spiritual all you like, but apart from God, it is completely worthless. These religions are false, and those who practice them and hold their gods to be higher than the One True God spit in His face, and they will eventually sit before Him in judgement. They are dead.

God does not sit here and micro manage our lives, otherwise He would not give us agency.

Again I say, I was not looking at the eternal perspective. Yes, being eternally minded, you do need Christ, but living here on this earth, day to day, not focusing on the eternal, you do NOT need God to get out of bed, take a breath, sit down, etc. We are not robots that He controls or manages. Just because He knows our every move at every moment, does not mean we need Him just to run our day to day functions.  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff