Thread of Brilliant Ideas Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:56 pm
This thread is dedicated to ideas, specifically(But not strictly) ideas dealing with video games, which you would not covet so much as to not share them.

I thought it'd be neat to hear some of you BRILLIANT ideas.

So share them with us, brilliant people.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:59 pm
a game that covers every genre at one point or another. And it's rated E-M as the game goes on.  

MaverickDrifter

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:59 pm
This brilliant idea I have seems pretty obvious, so I'm pretty sure it's been done before.

I got to thinking of how the Wii controller could be improved with higher quality sound, and at the time I was holding, and fascinated by my new subwoofer. It's cool, because I could feel the vibrations.

So my brilliant idea is a controller which uses sound instead of shaking to do force-feedback.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 pm
So, like a voice controlled game?  

MaverickDrifter

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:10 pm
No.

Subwoofers in the controller, ya numbnuts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:12 pm
oh.  

MaverickDrifter

Orphie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:12 pm
How about a handheld gaming device that uses 3D without glasses?

oh wait  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:14 pm
THAT REGGIE DONE TOOK YER IDEA  

MaverickDrifter

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:38 am
I'd like an universal platform.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:28 am
This is technically Tris' idea, but I helped. We've been trying to mod a playstation 2 controller where we take all the insides out of it and then we fill it back up with the mechanics of a gamecube controller. We have to start again though, because we stripped the screws in the Playstation 2 controller.

I highly doubt that it's going to work though, because of the analog sticks.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:35 am
GrowingDandelion
This is technically Tris' idea, but I helped. We've been trying to mod a playstation 2 controller where we take all the insides out of it and then we fill it back up with the mechanics of a gamecube controller. We have to start again though, because we stripped the screws in the Playstation 2 controller.

That's a neat idea. I'd want to keep the GC's analog sticks though. I think they move more smoothly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:40 am
I have an idea for a game! It's kinda trippy, but bare with me. You're this guy who likes to crawl around in pipes. You have to bash your head against floating bricks to get the magic mushroom which makes you bigger. You also have to jump on turtles to squash them and waking mushrooms with feet and eyes and a mouth. What do you mean it won't catch on?  

Super Cheesio

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:10 pm
Waynebrizzle
GrowingDandelion

That's a neat idea. I'd want to keep the GC's analog sticks though. I think they move more smoothly.
I have almost no clue how we're going to do the analog sticks in the first place. Tris is going to put up pictures when it's done though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:34 pm
Super Cheesio
I have an idea for a game! It's kinda trippy, but bare with me. You're this guy who likes to crawl around in pipes. You have to bash your head against floating bricks to get the magic mushroom which makes you bigger. You also have to jump on turtles to squash them and waking mushrooms with feet and eyes and a mouth. What do you mean it won't catch on?

what a horrible idea  

Waynebrizzle

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:40 pm
Waynebrizzle
Super Cheesio

what a horrible idea
What?! Why the hell wouldn't people love playing as a high Italian midget crawling around pipes, killing turtles and causing himself brain damage? And no, I am not insane, high, or drunk, but I still somehow came up with this idea. I wonder how.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff