Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User 18688290

2,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:04 pm
I know that the Lord is against it, but I love fortune-telling and astrology. I love reading my horoscope, and pagan type of things like finding my animal totem interest me deeply. Is this horrible? I apologize to God and try to explain in prayer...but will He ever forgive me for liking this stuff? Can I still read my horoscopes and do these things, or should I try to just...stop being interesting in these things?
This has been bugging me for a long time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:17 pm
I believe fortune-telling is the "Secret" or law of attraction, in action. Really what the law os attraction is is God bringing to you what you think about. That is the only reason fortune-telling works sometimes. I don't believe that some old lady in a weird hat just knows what will happen to you. It is that "Phychic" telling you that something will happen that makes you think about it, then because you think about it the Lord brings it to you. Just know that God brings it to you, and that it is not set to happen before the "phychic" tells you about it.

Just so you know, I am fourteen. It's not like I know everything, so pray about it. Only God knows the complete truth about all of these things.  

Lucky-Emi

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:41 pm
i still use alot of my pld pagan beliefs to help bring me closer to the lord. i still use my tarrot and oracle cards.

pray about it to see what god thinks though. i always pray before i use mine and if i get that warm fuzzy feeling i go ahead and use them but if i get a bad feeling then i dont touch them

i believe that god communicates with us in all sorts of ways, for some poeple its dreams, others use prayer, and sometimes he uses fortune telling to help get his point across  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 pm
It is not my place to call you a bad Christian. I leave that up to the Surpreme Judge. But I can say that the process of sin, repent, repeat will get some one no where in their spiritual growth. We are to act according to how our conscience dictates. If you feel it's wrong to read those things, then do not read them, if you are okay with it, then you should not have a problem. Ask God to guide you in what you should do, instead of doing it, then feeling guilty about it because you don't know what He thinks. Ask Him to tell you what He prefers you do and whether or not you should continue to read the horoscopes and study astrology. There are many things in this world that we can like, but they may or may not be good for our spiritual nourishment and growth. So, my advice is to ask God how He feels about you looking at those things. I do know the Bible says not to seek out spiritual mediums and what not. To me astrology, fortune-telling, and the like are the spiritual mediums that God says is a "no no." But you need to ask Him what He knows is best for you.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:24 am
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
heart fighter, i don't think that's "bad christian".
i also like very much the chinese horoscope. i don't think it helps, says future, i don't think it tells me what's gonna happen to me or something, or dooms me... i just think it's very interesting how well my chinese sign reveals me.

it's all just for fun. i know, even liking all these chinese horoscope things, that my true birth and true rest is in my Lord.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:29 pm
eek surprised Im srry but i rly beleive thats bad, im not saying ur a bad christian at all, thers no such thing as bad people, just bad choices. And i rly think u shouldnt do that stuff, it stops ur spiritual growth and health. As fun or interesting it is, the onl person that knows the future is GOD And i honestly think the thought of doing anything pegan is satanic, i mean pegan people were the most evil tribe that ever lived. Do u rly want to follow the devil's diciples? And the only reason horoscopes and fortune telling's future predictions come true is cuz u have so much faith it is going to happen- it comes true. If u notice, people that allways no that they're gona find there true love, they eventually find that special person cuz they have so much faith and hope. heart Its GOD's decision to forgive u. And i personally think u should stop reading these things. I mean if u heard the strangest thing happend a while bac, wen a random lightning bolt struck a statue of jesus dying on the cross, only GOD had the power to porform an act like that- which he did. He doesnt like idols and inanimate objects being praised, only GOD should be praised. 3nodding
-Thx 4 ur time heart  

Xx to save a life xX

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:35 pm
Um....I have lots of friends who are pagan and who have paganistic beliefs and they are far from evil and far from being the devil's disicples. I am offended with that statement about them being satanic people.... stare

Pagan isn't a religion, nor is it a practice of following the devil. It's a blanket term that can cover many different religions. Christianity can be considered pagan.

And there is nothing wrong with having statues of Christ or pictures of Him. I'd rather see those than the cross plastered all over the place. The cross has become just as much of an idol for some people as money and wealth has. As for lightening striking the statue, could've been any thing, coincidence. But I don't think God struck it down because it was idol worship. How can having a statue of the Saviour be idol worship?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:44 pm
most religions in the world are considered pagan, and many of those religions are peaceful ones.

plus sataism has nothing to do with pagan beliefs or practice  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:57 am
Shanna66
most religions in the world are considered pagan, and many of those religions are peaceful ones.

plus sataism has nothing to do with pagan beliefs or practice

Exactly, which is why it bothers me when people associate Satanic stuff with say Hinduism or Paganism. Paganism can cover all world religions in some form or another, but Satanism does not and cannot.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:30 am
Isaiah 8:18
When they say to you, "Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter," should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living?

Isaiah 47:13-14
13"You are wearied with your many counsels;
Let now the astrologers,
Those who prophesy by the stars,
Those who predict by the new moons,
Stand up and save you from what will come upon you.
14"Behold, they have become like stubble,
Fire burns them;
They cannot deliver themselves from the power of the flame;
There will be no coal to warm by
Nor a fire to sit before

Galatians 5:19-21
19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,

21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I know you like them. I can even see how these things are attractive. But here's the thing. The scriptures forbid it. And when you get down to it, why would you want to engage in these things? You have a direct "hotline" to the Lord God Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.

Fact is, these things are sin, and you don't have to explain yourself to God. He knows why you do it, and He still calls it sin. He has given you something far better than them - Himself. It's a serious matter than can cause you to lose your inheritance in the Kingdom of God.

It doesn't matter if they are one of the Pagan faiths, Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, Wiccan, etc. etc. They aren't Christian. They don't have Christ, and because they don't have Christ, they don't have the Father. They can be good people, excellent people! Or really bad people. The key difference between Christians and them is Christ. Without Him, they're "on the other team" and when all is said and done, they'll be in the outer darkness, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, and the worm never dies, and it is our duty as Christians to do everything we can to help prevent that. Even if it means calling sin, sin.  

rosadria
Crew

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:53 am
Those that are of other faiths, that do not fall under "Christian" can be and some are better than Christians. They are some times nicer, more accepting, more loving, and less judgemental. (Just throwing that out there.)

God knows every one hearts, He knows every ones thoughts and intents, so don't you think that regardless of what your "title" is, He is going to judge you according to your fruits that you produce. Not every one who has faith in Christ puts forth good fruits or good works, just like not every one who does not have faith in Christ puts forth bad fruits or bad works. You don't have to be a Christian to be a good person, just like you don't have to be some other religion to be a bad person!

I dont think God divides people so black and white when He judges them. That would be unjust. They are judged for what they knew, what they understood. If some one didn't know the difference between right and wrong, and did not have a testimony of Christ, but still loved his neighbour as himself, practiced the golden rule, etc. during his mortal life, I feel God will take that in account on Judgement Day.

The Jews are God's chosen people. Prophecy says they will accept Christ when He returns in power and glory.

And I don't find it fair of any one to say that some one is going to hell at this point in time just because they do or do not do any one thing or what ever. That is not our place as humans. We are not the Ultimate Judge! That is left to Heavenly Father. Let Him say who is going to hell and who is not! We can say who is the wrong, but by turning around and adding "because they are in the wrong, they go to hell" is not our place! We cannot condemn!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:43 pm
So then VK, I believe in Christ, and I'm Mormon, am I going to hell in your eyes?  

Someoneiknow

User 18688290

2,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 pm
The thing is that, fortune-telling... I don't believe in so much. I mean, it's all in good fun, and when something good is supposed to happen in my future, that always makes it better. Even though I do think its a coincidence the way some things happen, I understand that psychics are not all knowing.

The things I really take seriously though are the more...I don't know if they're pagan or wiccan or not, but things like animal totems and guides and interacting through meditation is more of what I've been interested in lately.

I understand all of your viewpoints, also. So thank you for taking the time to give me the advice.

((just felt I need to clarify...))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:21 am
Honestly, I'd rather believe in science than nonsense like tarot, or other things like that. I think you're not being a Christian at all by doing those things. It is prohibited by the Bible in the same Scriptures VK said and also other Scriptures.  

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200

rosadria
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:35 am
Shadows - It's a comforting theory, but I'm not going to respond to your points unless you can provide scriptures.

Someone - Even the demons believe in the Christ.  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff