agree with me?
  i agree
  i disagree
  a little of both
  money pleasee!
View Results

halogens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:20 pm
it seems like in todays society, everyone thinks that teen girls are obsessed with the twilight series, justin bieber, clothes, being tan, looking goregous, makeup, pink fluffy things, and the list goes on and on. i think its rather annoying that when someone knows im a teen girl and they automatically assume i like a certain thing, just because im a girl. and some people even get mad at me for expressing my opinion (like this girl starts yelling at me and sayin im stupid for saying i hate the twilight series). and also, companies and factories are taking advantage over it by making tons of shirts like "team edward" and "team jacob." they just assume that every girl will want one. (if they wanted MY money, theyd make a shirt "team guy-who-almost-hit-bella-with-car) rolleyes

every single person is unique (im certaintly different!) and we are allowed to like different things. people shouldnt just stereotype that all teen girls like all the same things. just because we are the same age and same gender, doesnt mean were obsessed with the same stuff.

im not bashing on twilight or justin bieber or anything (althought i dont care much for them), im just sayin how its annoying that mostly everyone assumes this smile

anyone agree? disagree? explain smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:12 pm
I meet halfway.
Justin Beiber has some good songs, and Twilight has some good stuff.
I think Eric is the one who almost hit Bella.  

astrumical

TheBeatlesLiveForEver

2,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:16 pm
I agree Im no where near any of that I like to hang with the guys and get dirty and i HATE pink and frilly things  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:43 pm
I Love Twilight.
I Like Some Of Justin Bieber's Songs.
I Hate Pink And Anything Frilly.
I Like Leaving Things Dirty.
I Don't Care For Makeup.
I Like Looking Good But I Don't Obsess Over It.
I Like Fashion But It's Not My Life.
I'm A Bit Of A Tom Boy.
I Like Hanging With Guys Better Then Girls.

I'm Different And I'm Proud.And It Wasn't Eric Who Almost Hit Bella.Though I Do Wish Someone Whould'a Hit Her... stare  

Nocturnabelle

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Team-Switzerland00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:28 pm
LittleMissHeartBroken225

I Love Twilight.
I Like Some almost all Of Justin Bieber's Songs.
I Hate Pink And Anything Frilly.
I Like Leaving Things Dirty.
I Don't Care For Makeup.
I Like Looking Good But I Don't Obsess Over It.
I Like Fashion But It's Not My Life.
I'm A Bit Of A Tom Boy.
I Like Hanging With Guys Better Then and Girls.

I'm Different And I'm Proud.And It Was Eric Tyler Who Almost Hit Bella

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:36 pm
I don't care about Twilight
Justin Bieber has some good songs
Clothes are awesome
Looking gorgeous makes me feel happy when it happens
Makeup is nice, on occasion
Pink fluffy things... I'll take the fluffy but you can keep the pink. (:

@OP
You shouldn't take it so personally that they're making shirts about Twilight. They're catering to the people that enjoy the series, which, sadly, happens to be LOTS. D;
Not everyone thinks girls are like this, and the ones that do aren't really worth talking to, anyway. (:  

Music Breaks Hearts

Wheezing Sex Symbol

head_turner_chic111

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:11 pm
I totally agree. People think I'm crazy just because I dont like Justin Beiber or Team edward.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:38 am
Carolina says...
its like u read my mind on today's society.
i don't have to like twilight or justin beiber becuz of my age!!!! scream
i in fact hate them both very much!!!!!User Image  

iKawaiiKyle

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Darkswiftmist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:53 pm
Kiirii-chan
I meet halfway.
Justin Beiber has some good songs, and Twilight has some good stuff.
I think Eric is the one who almost hit Bella.

Taylor was the one, i just read that part in twilight
just wanted to say that sorry

i like reading twilight and watching the movies, but im not obsessed and squeel over it. sure i get excited for the new movies, but i would not run right to the movies and watch it at 12 p.m.when it came out ( i only know that because my coach said she was gonna watch it in a couple days, and she thought we would be excited that it was coming out no one even looked excited in our stretching circle). That is being too obsessed and i think ppl should understand thats teenagers have other interests other than tht stuff, even if they enjoy it sometimes.

And im not really a fan of justin bieber

I agree i hate how ppl assume things about us  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:06 pm
i agree completely with you, i hate twilight, and i feel i should tell people my opinion about it. and besides all those girls that actually do like twilight and justin bieber and being tan are just conformist who want nothing but to just fit in and be like everyone else, and i think to my self "thats not expressing yourself. thats wanting to be cool" and if people don't know how your really like then they won't really know you, all they will ever know is wanting to fit in. emo ... expressing yourself is cool!  

iiGet Crazyii

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250

ventera

Interesting Businesswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:35 am
Gahh I hate Justin Bieber an Twilight. I hate alot of things most girls like I like Anti-Pink Haha  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:45 am
Nicks_Best_Friend101
I agree Im no where near any of that I like to hang with the guys and get dirty and i HATE pink and frilly things

ME TOO!  

Princess_Psycoz

Dapper Sex Symbol

9,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Wickersnap

Phantom

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:31 pm
Oh, you're telling me. I'm one of the strangest teenagers I know- which, unfortunately, makes it really hard to find guys and other girls like me. Here's a list for you:

-I do not care for Twilight. At all.
-I do not wear tight clothing or make-up. Ever. I wear what's comfortable and makes me look modest and conservative.
-Boys? Please. I've never been kissed, I don't plan on being kissed for a while, and I don't want to marry until I'm at least twenty-five, maybe older.
-Fashion? Forget it.
-Fancy hair? Nope. I never dye my hair, and I've only ever cut it once, which was for Locks of Love.
-I like black and dark blue, but not because it's cool- it reminds me of the night sky.
-I liked vampires since before anything vampire was popular. I pretended I was a vampire when I was little (also, all my Barbies and Polly Pockets had superpowers).
-Gothic/emo? What a waste. Look around, life's amazing.
-TV? What TV? I don't have TV reception. Reading's fun.
-I never argue with my parents. Face it, they're almost always right, and they were teenagers once too.
-Sex? Not until marriage.
-Completely, 100% against smoking, drugs, things like that. Ruins your life.

Sorry, I just had to get that out. I've got more, but there's no need to bore you all to death. Oh, and actually being pale is pretty popular now too, because vampires are pale. Is there no escape?!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:40 pm
o.O I want to do an long thing like that too.

1.I like Twilight, nothing against it, except that now I know when wizards die they turn into sparkling vampires.

2.Justin Bieber is all right, he has some good songs, and songs that make want to stab my ears.

3.Pink and Frilly? More like un-matching.

4.I do not wear make-up or do my hair. (Unless my mom is all like, 'Keely! Put your hair up!')

5.Never been kissed before, or gone out with a person.

6.I plan to get married at age twenty three.

7.Drugs, and smoking? Naw...I'll stick with pixie sticks.
3nodding
Not everyone should assume we like Twilight or Justin Bieber!
Why? Because were girls? Means nothing! I am all for Naruto and my Manga and Anime.  

astrumical

The Main Floor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces