Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
How is Skill Determined? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desmond17

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 pm
The big question about the game I have is skill.If you play campaign mode and learn how to play,does that determine your skill? If you get all 69 stars by yourself,does that determine your skill? I don't know. If you play the game on Veteran,can that skill apply on Multiplayer?I have no idea on what determines your skill or if multiplayer is just about luck and staying alive.I'm confused.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 pm
story mode doesnt determine your skill...the enemies in campaign die easily like Hardcore while your life is normal...multiplayer can sorta...depending on what you play. some modes are easier than others. but when playing multiplayer your skill is determined on your K/D. if your rly any good you will have more kills than deaths. not counting camping or noob tubing... -_- i hate that. especially when ppl noob tube in hardcore....so gay lol  

xXKage_HitokiriXx

5,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Desmond17

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:02 pm
xXKage_HitokiriXx
story mode doesnt determine your skill...the enemies in campaign die easily like Hardcore while your life is normal...multiplayer can sorta...depending on what you play. some modes are easier than others. but when playing multiplayer your skill is determined on your K/D. if your rly any good you will have more kills than deaths. not counting camping or noob tubing... -_- i hate that. especially when ppl noob tube in hardcore....so gay lol
I guess that's true.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:16 pm
Like Kage said, I think its all about K/D.
If you're playing a TDM and you have 8 kills and 2 deaths, I personally believe that you did better than the guy with 22 kills and 19 deaths.  

Pandemonium Warden

5,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Treythebest_11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:46 pm
I personally believe that your K/D doesn't determine your skill.. What if you got better at the game in time and your practicaly owning lots of people.

Oh and I also recommand playing Free for all first online, so you can learn how to survive by yourself.
If you learn how to survive in free for all and win then you can be a good edition to a team on Team deathmatch.

Best to know how to be a good team member rather than being a stinky one. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:39 pm
My KD ratio is 0.83. This that good?  

Desmond17

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500

General Zodd

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:57 pm
i had 22 kills and 10 deaths, is it any gud?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:18 pm
Naruto-FP000 2

That's decent still good.. My KD is 1.22 or somewhere near that amount.
I got back on about a month ago and my kill rank went from the 5 millions to the 2.7 million rankings within that month, but I don't consider myself that good because you can always get better. Your freaking Killdeath ratio doesn't determine your skill!! scream But rarely it can, not including the boosters.
Must I say it twice. Your killing rank mainly determines your skill!!
Just wanted to make a true point.  

Treythebest_11

Treythebest_11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:23 pm
hell_devastater

It's alright dude, you can do better than that by practice and using your equipment more effieciently. <-- Mind my spelling

Was your 22 kills and 10 deaths in a free-for-all match??  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:48 pm
Treythebest_11
hell_devastater

It's alright dude, you can do better than that by practice and using your equipment more effieciently. <-- Mind my spelling

As long as he won the match should it matter? Skill is hard to determine in MW2 due to all the hackers and boosters So I believe these should be the things that actually determine skill.

1.Victory. You know the saying "History is written by the Victor"
2.K/D Ratio. If its positive, keep it up.
3.Technique. In the end Victory and K/D are determined by your technique. Usually Victory and and a positive K/D are signs of a good technique or skill. As they say also "The end Justifies the means" As long as your technique gets you the win then go for it.

As for true skill, there is none in online matchmaking. There's just the Good, the Bad and the Support. Just make sure you get the win for either yourself or team. (Or at least a positive K/D if you don't)  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:53 pm
Treythebest_11
Naruto-FP000 2

That's decent still good.. My KD is 1.22 or somewhere near that amount.
I got back on about a month ago and my kill rank went from the 5 millions to the 2.7 million rankings within that month, but I don't consider myself that good because you can always get better. Your freaking Killdeath ratio doesn't determine your skill!! scream But rarely it can, not including the boosters.
Must I say it twice. Your killing rank mainly determines your skill!!
Just wanted to make a true point.

A K/D above 1.00 would be considered good. anything below it means your dying more than you kill. In that case you should rethink your gameplay unless your only playing for fun. Higher K/D ratios just indicate you can kill more than you die but technically anything over 1.00 should be good taking into account you ignore boosters  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:09 pm
R3DEMPTI0NS_F4LL3N
Treythebest_11
hell_devastater

As long as he won the match should it matter? Skill is hard to determine in MW2 due to all the hackers and boosters So I believe these should be the things that actually determine skill.

1.Victory. You know the saying "History is written by the Victor"
2.K/D Ratio. If its positive, keep it up.
3.Technique. In the end Victory and K/D are determined by your technique. Usually Victory and and a positive K/D are signs of a good technique or skill. As they say also "The end Justifies the means" As long as your technique gets you the win then go for it.

As for true skill, there is none in online matchmaking. There's just the Good, the Bad and the Support. Just make sure you get the win for either yourself or team. (Or at least a positive K/D if you don't)

I totally agree. Lol Makes total sense now. That's what I do. I win a match with 30 kills 17 deaths. Still I won. So that's all that matters. Thanks dude. Finally someone that has some wisdom lol. That makes sense biggrin  

Treythebest_11

Cookies-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Well i play S&D so my K/D doesnt go up but my win streak does, my win streak is on 19 and i think its W/D ratio is...........0.89 or something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 pm
I don't understand how people can say your K/D determines your skill. There's boosters, noobs, and MLG in the game. That is too much of a variable to factor K/D as a Skill calculator.

My K/D is around a 1.8, my killstreak is a 42 with a Predator Missile, Harrier and Chopper Gunner. Neither of these determines my Skill level. Neither does camo for your gun.

The best way to prove your skill is to out-maneuver your opponents. Use actual combat tactics to take out enemy teams. Skill is based on how you approach the game. It isn't as simple as "R yew zkill'd d00d?" The way you play the game is what determines your skill. If you think logically and think about how other people are playing, I garuntee you your "skill" will be 10x as better as anybody elses.

I've seen Marines play the game, and once the basic controls were learned, had 3.0 K/D ratio's after 6 months. Marines are trained on how to take on situations, alone and as a unit. They play the game like a normal human would. They see a small movement 50 yards away? Bang: headshot.

So the next time somebody asks you how "skilled" you are, tell them you aren't a marine but you know basic combat maneuvers.  

CircaNineOne

Aanika_Phaeton
Vice Captain

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:33 pm
I say screw the numbers.

If you can consistently come out on top in any game type, I would say you are skilled at MW2. If you rock it on SAD and suck it up on FFA, then you are skilled at SAD and suck at FFA.

I think it's all about consistency and like elementpro said, tactics. Not numbers like kill streaks or KDR. Gimme a break.  
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff