Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
This is how it should be...lol Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold
  poll
View Results

Tybarious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:18 am
I love this new geico ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 am
That made me lol ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:03 pm
Amusing, but I have to disagree. Nothing wrong with therapy as it is. Except that I think more drill sergeants need it. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:10 pm
I miss the cavemen.
They were dorky, but funny. <3

I don't like this new guy. But, that one was a funny one. Drill Sergent would have been stabbed in the eye if it were me. (>_<)

[rinioa]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:02 am
True, but I think that goes for everyone that's in the military.

They all need therapy!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:16 pm
Don't knock till you've been in the military and fought in battle  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:27 pm
no thx

I don't want to come back mentally scarred for life and not able to live a normal life ever again.

And then there's that whole "government thinks all anime fans are *****" thing. (but I don't want to go there again)

So I think I'd much rather find a nice simple and quiet assemble line position where my job never changes and I don't have to dress up "to the 9" (or in a suit), and I don't have to deal with people alot.

(I hate suits, too restricting, no wonder the government likes them) LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:29 pm
Rini: I liked the cavemen, too! xd And he would've deserved it, lol.

Ty: I don't think he meant anything other than that being in the military and fighting in battles is a very traumatic thing and leads to a lot of problems.

dude: "to the 9"? I think that one's a few decades older than you.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:05 pm
I think that being in the military should be a personal choice. ..Some people don't care for the lifestyle and risks that come with being in that line of work. Simple as that.

My husband works a factory job, and while we are not the richest people in the world, we do live a normal and quite happy life. I would not care to have a husband in the military at all. For those who choose to do so, that's totally fine and that is their life choice. But I am -not- one who runs around all "support our troops!!" and stuff.

Suits are sexy, so I can't agree with Dude on that. *has random Shin-Ra fantasies*

[rinioa]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:16 pm
rofl  

Sweetkitty

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:05 pm
Right now we have the luxury of choosing to be in the military or not, but if some major country decided to invade I highly doubt people would have much choice anymore.

And yes, suits can be sexy. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:53 pm
Im not saying everyone should join or live that life, I do agree its not for everyone b/c not everyone has the mindset to deal with the stresses of the job. I'm just saying don't bash the military life and training till you understand and/or experience it.

I'm just tired of people complain the military dehumanizes and mentially scares them. Theres a reason for everything do during training and they are not going to sit there and wip your butt and/or tell you good job for nothing. They're going train you survive and fight so you can win and come home when you're done. mad  

Tybarious

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 am
I really don't think anyone meant to "bash" the military. You can criticize something without taking it too far and without actually experiencing it yourself. I'm certain there are lots of things non-military people don't understand about the military life, but there are also lots of things that are public knowledge, and we all know the military in general is far from perfect, like anything else. None of us know what it's like to work in Hollywood, India, or Disneyland, either, but we wouldn't hesitate to say something about it based solely on what we do know. And most of us have at least one person we know in some branch of the military.

I'm well aware that there is a reason for everything that is done during military training. But I'm also well aware that those things do have a tendency to change people a lot, and not always for the better. I have had several relatives, friends, and neighbors in various branches, so I have had the opportunity to observe the affects from a safe distance. While I will concede that this does not make me an expert, it does give me an objective viewpoint.

Nobody meant to bash anything, and I'm sorry if it felt that way to anyone. Personally, I believe in supporting the troops while not supporting the war. I think we can support our military people without being pro-war, and I think people get the two things mixed up too much. That being said, I do feel that the military life has a negative impact on most people, despite its necessity. That doesn't mean I would bash the people who serve, just that I oppose the system itself. In the same way that I might oppose a bigger government while at the same time approving of welfare programs.

We do often forget to preface our opinions with words like "I think", "I feel", or "IMO." But I think everyone was just expressing their opinions and didn't mean to paint a black and white picture of the military. And if they did, they have a sorely simplistic view of the world and shouldn't be worried about too much.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:22 pm
Puple: LOL, I know, but mom used to use it alot. So it got stuck in my head.

Rini: I don't hate the guys that join the military.
I simply hate those that act like... "if you don't want war, then you're an enemy to the country" and all that garbage. I dislike warmongers.

I didn't say I disliked how they look, just how they feel.
I do like the "girl in uniform" look.
It's one of the reasons I like the anime "Hellsing", because "Seras Victoria" is hot *drools*

Iakun: And that would be called... emergency wartime drafting...
And something I pray, will NEVER happen.

Tybar: You're right, it mentally scares ALOT of people.
I don't exactly like the idea of some loud-mouth yelling in my face that I'm a maggot. (yes I know this is a TV stereo-type)
And what about the "soldier comes home to find their wife/husband got tired of waiting and started having an affair"
But then again... TV only shows the bad side of things because it makes for good entertainment.
And what about the "constantly moving around", never being able to relax, and never really having the time to do anything you like. (it can royally screw up a family)

Though dispite all that. I do feel a certain amount of respect for those that serve.
They choose to fight, so others can choose not too.

And yeah, most people forget that "supporting a war" is NOT "supporting the soldiers" - They don't seem to get it... that I'm sure most would rather not "have to fight to stay alive"  

xwhateverxdudex

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:48 pm
I really think Purple said it best. That's really how I feel. My comment about people not having a choice in an emergency war time situation (as dude labeled) is not so much a problem with the military but a problem with stupid governments that feel the need to effing kill each other.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff