Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Writing contest- Winners in post one! <3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nice.
  *scribblescribble*
  No!
  You'll just have to try again.
View Results

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:06 pm
Mmk. We didn't have many entries, and there wasn't really any very clearly guild-related pieces except iviary and perhaps darkmusashi's. So since we didn't really end up with several pieces to choose from for each category, I'm giving the other entrants a little something too ^^

1st place prizes- see below in post for prize choices
iviary
SPMito

2nd place- 1500 each
darmusashi
addseale2

Runners up- 500 each
Blasphemize
Orichalcon

Congratulations! heart

--------------
JUDGES- Please PM me your votes!
I'll annouce winners based on whatever votes I've gotten in a couple days. I'm not waiting forever for all of the judges to report. You have less than a week.

--------------

Okay, so this was something Sanguvixen thought of for the guild anniversary and something I've been very forgetful about putting up x.x
--------------------------

What to submit- Writing of any kind, but try to keep it short. It doesn't have to be guild-related, but it can be. It could be a poem, a story excerpt, a story involving guild members, a response to a topic in the guild... anything.

Deadline- 1/21/06. ?

Prize- My love <3.. Just kidding.
First place categories: I'll make you anniversary-time-avatar-art or you can substitute for the always popular mystery present.--> Winners post your pick here!
+Best Overall
+Best Guild-related

Second place categories: 1500 pure.
+Second Best Overall
+Second Best Guild-related

Judges- Sanguvixen, [.caustic.], hellpike, subtleessence134
+If anyone else is sure they are not going to enter and would like to judge, just PM me or post here and you can be added^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:07 pm
Entries
-Satan numba 2: page 1
-Orichalcon: page 2
-iviary: page 2
-SPMito: page 2
-darkmusashi: page 2
-addseale2: page 3  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:19 pm
(Just added a thing to the first post about becoming a judge for it.)

Post entries or links to entries here. (Links to entries if you have it up on Deviant Art, somewhere else on gaia, etc)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:32 pm
Can I be a judge, since I am damn sure that I won't be entering? Everything I hvae, or could have, will be long. Quite long.  

Superior Jazz

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:37 pm
xD
Okay, you can judge^^ But you have to dress funny! And go get a wig! >.> And... dance <.<  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:58 pm
No wigs. I detest wigs. I'll dress... differently.... no garuntees on funy...  

Superior Jazz

Orichalcon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:27 pm
the deadline is the 21st? I think I can manage that.

Just a warning, it'll probably be a poem or drabble.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:31 pm
Ooo... Exciting! Now time to wake up the brain. xd  

Ketashia

Satan is my Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:58 pm
I have an awesome story!!

So one day there was a little boy named Jill. Jill was a very lonely boy becuase he was picked on because of his name. So one day Jill met a girl named Bob. Jill and Bob became best friends! One day when Jill was talking to Bob, Jill EXPLODED. Bob was terrified to see that her best friend just exploded right in front of her.So she ran home to her mother and told her mom what happened. Her mom was shocked and uterly confused about how a little boy could exploded randomly. So Bob decided to find out why her friend exploded. So she took a rocketship to Mars to find the source. When she landed on Mars she saw a group of aliens with a button that said "Push to explode a human child." When she saw this she yelled at the aliens to stop killing human children, but since they are aliens and don't speak english they just shot her with a laser ray and keep on pushing the button. THE END!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:31 pm
I'll judge! biggrin ! I'm an AP English Language student and quite knowledgable of the inner workings of the English Language. Just send me the stories and tell me how tough you want me to scrutinize them, lol. I'll be fair, I promise heart  

subtleessence134

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:09 pm
Satan is my b***h
I have an awesome story!!

So one day there was a little boy named Jill. Jill was a very lonely boy becuase he was picked on because of his name. So one day Jill met a girl named Bob. Jill and Bob became best friends! One day when Jill was talking to Bob, Jill EXPLODED. Bob was terrified to see that her best friend just exploded right in front of her.So she ran home to her mother and told her mom what happened. Her mom was shocked and uterly confused about how a little boy could exploded randomly. So Bob decided to find out why her friend exploded. So she took a rocketship to Mars to find the source. When she landed on Mars she saw a group of aliens with a button that said "Push to explode a human child." When she saw this she yelled at the aliens to stop killing human children, but since they are aliens and don't speak english they just shot her with a laser ray and keep on pushing the button. THE END!
That was beautiful. cry  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:39 pm
subtleessence134
I'll judge! biggrin ! I'm an AP English Language student and quite knowledgable of the inner workings of the English Language. Just send me the stories and tell me how tough you want me to scrutinize them, lol. I'll be fair, I promise heart
Okay, you can be our last judge^^  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:44 pm
What I'm about to write is not fictional, nor is it a story in general. It is an apology letter that we had to write and we also had to write about respect and responsibility. I was pretty mad, considering that I was just reading queitly at my desk while a huge portion of the class had to act like animals.

Apology Letter to teacher where you had to define respect and responsibility (I only had to write it because the class I'm in is filled with complete animals, so I was in an extremely pissy mood when I wrote this):

"How would you define respect, as well as responsiblity, you ask? Responsibility is to make it to class on time, actually FINISH your work on time, and to be a good productive student. Respect is to behave when others are talking, Actually pay attention to what a speaker is saying, as well as to Listen to what the teacher says. I am sorry to hear that only about 10% of the class knows how to be respectful and responsible. I can honestly say that I was not included in any of this foolish behavior.

In fact, I'm probably as frustrated as every one of the ATL teachers that attends this classroom. Actually, "furious" would be a better word to describe how I feel about the students who misbehave and make it so that I have a hard time spending my time intelligently. Usually I can read about ten pages of a book like "Lord of the Rings" in about five minutes. Though, yesterday, It took me about 30 minutes to finish five pages of that book. The thing that infuriates me is that the reason I read so little was the fact that everyone was being noisy.

If there is one thing I can't stand, it is non-productive fools ruining my chance to make it into a good college and to get a good education. I don't care if they screw up and act like complete morons somewhere else, as long as they aren't disturbing me. Just the fact that they made me this furious is quite impressive. It is extremely hard to infuriate me. You would have to be trying really hard to anger me. Though, unlike those aggressive dissapointments to society, I'm taking out all of my frustration in this letter. To be quite honest, I grow rather tired of the same routine; having my reputation ruined just for being a member of this ATL class.

I can't even say how many times I've been late to class because of these inconsiderate clowns. My locker section is filled with some of the loudest, most annoying people I've ever witnessed. It is always hard to get to my locker because all of these student's idiotic friends have to come to talk about "The most sexiest and amazing boy/girlfriend ever" who they'll dump in about a week for another brainless loser. I am also commonly pushed out of the way of my locker by morons who obviously have somewhere "important" to go.

I also cannot stand how they just yell so loudly next my ear to one of their friends. One time, The yelling was so loud that my ear wouldn't function properly for about an hour or so. I have requested to have my locker changed, but it has been months since I made that request and my locker number still hasn't been changed. These fools should be grateful. In a way, I do most of their work. By this, I mean they copy my paper when, they think, I'm not looking. I highly doubt writing this essay will teach them too much. To them, respect and responsibility is nonexistant."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:36 pm
[Satan] 2.0
What I'm about to write is not fictional, nor is it a story in general. It is an apology letter that we had to write and we also had to write about respect and responsibility. I was pretty mad, considering that I was just reading queitly at my desk while a huge portion of the class had to act like animals.

Apology Letter to teacher where you had to define respect and responsibility (I only had to write it because the class I'm in is filled with complete animals, so I was in an extremely pissy mood when I wrote this):

"How would you define respect, as well as responsiblity, you ask? Responsibility is to make it to class on time, actually FINISH your work on time, and to be a good productive student. Respect is to behave when others are talking, Actually pay attention to what a speaker is saying, as well as to Listen to what the teacher says. I am sorry to hear that only about 10% of the class knows how to be respectful and responsible. I can honestly say that I was not included in any of this foolish behavior.

In fact, I'm probably as frustrated as every one of the ATL teachers that attends this classroom. Actually, "furious" would be a better word to describe how I feel about the students who misbehave and make it so that I have a hard time spending my time intelligently. Usually I can read about ten pages of a book like "Lord of the Rings" in about five minutes. Though, yesterday, It took me about 30 minutes to finish five pages of that book. The thing that infuriates me is that the reason I read so little was the fact that everyone was being noisy.

If there is one thing I can't stand, it is non-productive fools ruining my chance to make it into a good college and to get a good education. I don't care if they screw up and act like complete morons somewhere else, as long as they aren't disturbing me. Just the fact that they made me this furious is quite impressive. It is extremely hard to infuriate me. You would have to be trying really hard to anger me. Though, unlike those aggressive dissapointments to society, I'm taking out all of my frustration in this letter. To be quite honest, I grow rather tired of the same routine; having my reputation ruined just for being a member of this ATL class.

I can't even say how many times I've been late to class because of these inconsiderate clowns. My locker section is filled with some of the loudest, most annoying people I've ever witnessed. It is always hard to get to my locker because all of these student's idiotic friends have to come to talk about "The most sexiest and amazing boy/girlfriend ever" who they'll dump in about a week for another brainless loser. I am also commonly pushed out of the way of my locker by morons who obviously have somewhere "important" to go.

I also cannot stand how they just yell so loudly next my ear to one of their friends. One time, The yelling was so loud that my ear wouldn't function properly for about an hour or so. I have requested to have my locker changed, but it has been months since I made that request and my locker number still hasn't been changed. These fools should be grateful. In a way, I do most of their work. By this, I mean they copy my paper when, they think, I'm not looking. I highly doubt writing this essay will teach them too much. To them, respect and responsibility is nonexistant."

*stands up an starts clapping*
Congratulations you have pretty much described my scenerio also... God damn noisy/ stupid people. I want to switch schools sometimes... Like one time in biology class we were doing Genetics and traits and the punnet (Sp.) squares. I understood it perfectly cuz it's easy. But everyone else in the class is talking and not really caring and then later when we are about to move on to more material everyone is complaining they don't understand. Stupid bastards.  

Satan is my Bitch

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:27 pm
A tad less than a week left to enter. Mmhmm.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff