Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply Non-MW2 Related
Xbox Red Ring of Death Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kittymeeow
Vice Captain

Anxious Cupcake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:28 am
Hey Gang,
So my boy friends Xbox has been freezing and giving... what wast it E73 error..? I forget. Well anyways. He bought this Elite when it came out in 2006. In 2009, he sent his in for the same issue its having now. They couldnt fix his and sent him a "new" refurbished unit. So, he called up and asked if the 3 year warranty last for this unit or if any other exists cause hes hasnt had it for a year and a half and its already broken. Of course, there is no warranty. Your warranty ends 3 years from the buy date of the 1st console... even if they send you a completely different one. Silly huh? It will cost $100 bucks for a replacement.
So, were gonna bust into it I think and try to figure out what the deal is.
He is also debating on buying the new one. Anyone have it? Is it worth it? Comments?

So, I just got my console Last... Dec or Jan. I am now just waiting for my box to give me RROD. Makes me kinda wish everyone was PS3.... I originally wanted that... but EVERYONE I know has the Xbox.. and what fun is not being able to play with friends? Lmao.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:39 am
well the new xbox...is something to hold up on...because they say that by like october there is going to be a new one for 199$ and it will not have any red rings of death.  

Genji Gincosu

Divine Phantom

sharkmanx2

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 pm
Genji Gincosu
well the new xbox...is something to hold up on...because they say that by like october there is going to be a new one for 199$ and it will not have any red rings of death.

it will get it i mean all consoels iff they are turnd on for a long time and left with no time to cool off it will
over heat and the new xbox will overheat if not used well look at the ps3 every body talk about its great tek that it wold get any tipe of red ring of death but my got the yellow light of death and no! im not a d**k im just clearing things xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:59 pm
I say you bust open the thing and try to fix it. If it works cool keep it for a while if it doesn't get a new one. The new 360 looks pretty nice but if your not a fan of the new 360 then I would suggest an elite bundle (Forza 3/ODST) or the limited edition super elite ones (MW2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Final Fantasy XIII, etc) but thats just what I would do in my opinion  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Kid Renegade
Vice Captain

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:42 pm
Doesnt matter. As long as he has a life. XD i just wanted to say that. Anyways, the price might drop for it but idk all i can say is wait.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:37 am
Exotic Player IV
Doesnt matter. As long as he has a life. XD i just wanted to say that. Anyways, the price might drop for it but idk all i can say is wait.

who my boy friend?  

Kittymeeow
Vice Captain

Anxious Cupcake

Kid Renegade
Vice Captain

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:22 am
Kittymeeow
Exotic Player IV

who my boy friend?

yea, nothing mean im pretty sure he does  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:24 am
Kittymeeow
Hey Gang,
So my boy friends Xbox has been freezing and giving... what wast it E73 error..? I forget. Well anyways. He bought this Elite when it came out in 2006. In 2009, he sent his in for the same issue its having now. They couldnt fix his and sent him a "new" refurbished unit. So, he called up and asked if the 3 year warranty last for this unit or if any other exists cause hes hasnt had it for a year and a half and its already broken. Of course, there is no warranty. Your warranty ends 3 years from the buy date of the 1st console... even if they send you a completely different one. Silly huh? It will cost $100 bucks for a replacement.
He is also debating on buying the new one. Anyone have it? Is it worth it? Comments?

So, I just got my console Last... Dec or Jan. I am now just waiting for my box to give me RROD. Makes me kinda wish everyone was PS3.... I originally wanted that... but EVERYONE I know has the Xbox.. and what fun is not being able to play with friends? Lmao.
the E73 error has to do with the harddrive  

Maikeru Yorudan

7,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Aanika_Phaeton
Vice Captain

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 pm
So...the warranty is up, and they want 100 bucks for a replacement, yeah? Well does that come with a new warranty as well, for 3 more years?

And I think if you're gonna get one, find a sweet deal somewhere. My friend has always been a hardcore PS3 lover, but the other day he texted me saying "So...I just spent WAY too much money on video games. You need to come over." So I go over there and he found some deal where he got the Elite Bundle that redemption was talking about, and his choice of any best seller. And then a few other like...buy one get on free deals. All of a sudden, this PS3er has an Elite, and 8 decent+ games for it. And hey, it was a great deal!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:02 pm
Kitty! today my xbox 360 overheated. So I looked in the xbox 360 and I saw nothing!! didn't find the damn source of the problem!!! How the hell does the xbox 360 over heat if the damn xbox 360's engine thingy isn't heating the hell up because of dust..

I wish I could just hit the 360 and it will work.
Dreams never come true do they?
crying crying crying  

Treythebest_11

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:25 pm
Wait, another word of advice, see if Microsoft comes out with a 2nd gen 360 slim. My friend's 360 slim just broke due to a broken disc drive so try waiting so Microsoft can fix these problems in later versions  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:41 am
Treythebest_11
Kitty! today my xbox 360 overheated. So I looked in the xbox 360 and I saw nothing!! didn't find the damn source of the problem!!! How the hell does the xbox 360 over heat if the damn xbox 360's engine thingy isn't heating the hell up because of dust..

crying crying crying

You could try blowing on it.... that used to work for games!  

Aanika_Phaeton
Vice Captain

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Kittymeeow
Vice Captain

Anxious Cupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:40 am
Maikeru Yorudan
Kittymeeow
Hey Gang,

the E73 error has to do with the harddrive

I didnt say it did, nor did I say I was sure if that was the error. Lol Silly post. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:42 am
Aanika_Phaeton
So...the warranty is up, and they want 100 bucks for a replacement, yeah? Well does that come with a new warranty as well, for 3 more years?

And I think if you're gonna get one, find a sweet deal somewhere. My friend has always been a hardcore PS3 lover, but the other day he texted me saying "So...I just spent WAY too much money on video games. You need to come over." So I go over there and he found some deal where he got the Elite Bundle that redemption was talking about, and his choice of any best seller. And then a few other like...buy one get on free deals. All of a sudden, this PS3er has an Elite, and 8 decent+ games for it. And hey, it was a great deal!

Well who really knows if it has one! They gave him a "new refurbished" one less than a year and a half ago and that has no warranty... stupid s**t.  

Kittymeeow
Vice Captain

Anxious Cupcake

Kittymeeow
Vice Captain

Anxious Cupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:45 am
Treythebest_11

crying crying crying

From what they told my boy friend its something to do with the heat sinks on the processor. Pretty stupid. Uhm I hope they fixed that with the new slim... cause its a MAJOR ******** flaw when so many are being returned for service with the damn issue.

Sometimes hitting things makes them work.. maybe only temporarily though... lol as funny as that sounds.. and trust me Im no idiot I am a tech for a living for electronics and moving lights.  
Non-MW2 Related

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff