Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The "Reveal" noise. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:51 pm
You solve a puzzle, complete a rough stretch of platforming. What's the reward? It might be a shine, it might open a door in the dungeon. Regardless, the key little piece to this instance, is the little jingle that's played. If you've played a Zelda game, you know the tune that's played as you solve a puzzle. So what's your favorite?

For me, the crown belongs to DK64. "OHHHHHHHHHHH, BA-NA-NA!" And then you'd grab it and do a dance. "DONKEY. DONKEY. DONKEY KONG." ******** awesome. EVERY TIME  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:17 pm
Mine would probably be the Metroid sound when you get a new item. Getting new items in Metroid games is better than a lot of things in life, so hearing this tune really makes you ******** YES I CAN FINALLY GO THROUGH THIS AREA OVER HERE  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:25 pm
I thought it went DON. DON. DON-KEY KONG!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:41 pm
it depends on the game, but that little "bleep" you get for a kill in lost planet online, single most satisfying sound in the world to me  

sgt.Frosty

Allegro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:54 pm
Bass Beatdown
I thought it went DON. DON. DON-KEY KONG!
Something like that.

And Fish makes a very strong case, too. I think that might be more REWARDING for me, but I think I like the DK tune more.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:58 pm
The song that plays when you finally kill that goddamn ******** barioth in monster hunter tri.  

Waynebrizzle

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:00 pm
I think I'd have to agree with Fish on this one, I love Metroid music, including that tune of course.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:14 pm
JIGGY GET!

But that's probably because I played the s**t out of Banjo-Tooie when I was a kid and didn't play many other games with a victory jingle.  

The Awkwardest Turtle

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:32 pm
In Final Fantasy XII, when you kill a big boss or optional toughie, A quick summarizing of what you just killed will come up with everyone doing victory stances and the original FF victory tune (remastered for FFXII) will play. I thought it was epic for the big challenging boss fights to see as a celebration.
(Especially after Zodiark and Ultima)
ZODIARK YOU b***h, I WRECKED YOU  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:52 pm
I love the jingles that play at the end of a Zone in a Sonic game.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Orphie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:33 pm
The Awkwardest Turtle
JIGGY GET!

But that's probably because I played the s**t out of Banjo-Tooie when I was a kid and didn't play many other games with a victory jingle.
*gulp* Duh-huh!

Yeah, I like that one.

I also think that the noise when you open up a big chest in Zelda: OoT is pretty epic too, like when you get your sword or your bow or anything really.

I also like the Animal Crossing noise when you get a fish or something. Don't ask me why, since it's nothing special, but I just think it's cool to finally get that one thing you were trying to catch for a while.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:00 am
All Zelda jingles are awesome.

Like everyone said; the big chests, when you unlock something, trigger a switch, etc.  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:35 am
The theme in Zelda after you just beat a boss.

Also, the SMB jingle you get after beating a level and the jingle you get after beating a gym leader/E4 member or catching a pokemon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:15 am
i vote for the metroid one. it makes you feel, accomplished.  

Xilo The Odd

Orphie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm
When a Pokemon evolves.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items