Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
what it means to be a furry O3o Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what deos furry mean to you?
answer the poll question in a comment =3
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 16

furrysnow13

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:58 am
so.. ever since i've realized that im a fur, i've had the constant thought in my head of what it really meant to be a furry. is there something deeper than the mindless yiffy durpiness? or is it just the simple fact that you prefer fur rather than skin?
im really hoping that a few of you guys could enlighten me. not just of the meaning behind it all but also of the community as well. i've really been meaning to get more into the fur community but im not really to sure where to start ^^;;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:53 am
the definition kinda varies with person. But there might be a concrete definition that wouldn't matter as alot of furries wouldn't fit in a single definition anyway.  

Post Rock

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

Kashinami-chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:53 am
I agree with Steam

It is what you think inside your heart.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:02 pm
Furry SteamPunk
the definition kinda varies with person. But there might be a concrete definition that wouldn't matter as alot of furries wouldn't fit in a single definition anyway.

right. i no that it would vary fur from fur.
just figured there would be something more =/  

furrysnow13

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Gin The Bard

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:10 am
I agree with them, but, i searched for another opinion in other forums.

Quote:
Well, more or less, being a furry is liking the anthro drawings

But i dont really know, for me, its what you feel and think more than what you like xD.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:35 am
To be a furry you must have a humanoid body, a rabbit over body and you Do a barrelroll (press Z or R)...or maybe that is just to be peppy.  

Dr Spangle

Kurucode

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:23 pm
They're right about the variance from fur to fur. But if you want something more the most of us have in common.
I'd say that one thing majority has in common is their close
spiritual attraction to their fur species. I'm not saying everyone
of us does, but I'd say we all have something that bonds us to the animal we are, in one way or more.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 pm
User Imageits what animal our soul bonds to likely a reincarnation thing and a close feeling of returning to our childhood instincts of being another creature and it not feeling wrong or being told so
we are what we are so people will just have to accept we exist
and face it head on i love being a furry and acting like my animal at home so others should have that pride in our animalness
we were all like an animal on noahs ark at some point so thats something to think about who was ourmate when the world flooded  

adult ness19

Mermaid Nixxie

Shy Bloodsucker

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:53 pm
(| /)
(o.o)
(('')('')

Well for me its a bond with animals :3 Every since I was little I have had an amazing bond with animals. When I was young I use to pretend I was an animal. Animals make up a huge part of my life ^_^ I'm a bunny furry it matches me very well. I love being a furry!

(| /)
(o.o)
('')(''))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:01 am
I think it's like people above said - the one common factor is the bond and relationship with our own animal self, and through our own animal self, to other animals. :3  

FoxGirl I

furrysnow13

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:41 am
Dr Spangle
To be a furry you must have a humanoid body, a rabbit over body and you Do a barrelroll (press Z or R)...or maybe that is just to be peppy.

hahaha!!! nice x3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:47 am
Kurucode
They're right about the variance from fur to fur. But if you want something more the most of us have in common.
I'd say that one thing majority has in common is their close
spiritual attraction to their fur species. I'm not saying everyone
of us does, but I'd say we all have something that bonds us to the animal we are, in one way or more.

i kinda just stumbled on this the other day in another fur guild im part of. i do agree that most if some furs feel a spiritual bond with there animal. would really love to no more about this. im kinda guessing that im spiritual, but thinking about it i have no idea..  

furrysnow13

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Starmagic2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:03 pm
For me, it's my spiritual attachment to my animal. I'm a wolf furry and I've always been very attached to wolves. My personality matches them. I make animal sounds when home and around close ones. I act like a wolf and just all around love them. I used to always pretend to be one when I was little. =)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:03 am
Mayhap its the desire to change ourselves? A desire to begin anew and changed? God alone knows I've wished I could change myself to what I would want to look and be like.....

Or perhaps, like some religions believe, we reincarnate, and in our previous life(s) we were a animal... Not what I believe, but had to put it out there.

I'm more...attached I'd guess you'd say, to the Mythical species- Gryphons in particular. If I could come back as any creature, that is what I'd choose.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Omaru-san

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:06 pm
for me its evolving into a new person and adoring the beauty of anthromorphic creatures ^^  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff