Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF FINAL FANTASY DISSIDIA Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rindia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:19 pm
Okay i dont know if anyone made one of these already but, Do you think FFD was a Complete Failure or Awsome or alright  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:23 pm
I haven't gotten the chance to play it, but it looks nice. Seems alright. I'd definitely pick it up one of these days. But its just as fan-flooded as any other Final Fantasy game; so expect idiotic haters and unreasonable fanboys. xd  

Oblivious Mischief
Crew

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:44 pm
It has been out for a Long time and from a previous post i made here ( http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19067427 ) i only focused on the VA.
The game is fun indeed and a fresh fighting style.
It's a reduce foe to 0 hp but it's way to technical to say how it all works. It is fun and i will be honest...This tells you who sucks.
It's one of those fighting games. I play Golbez mostly and Jecht, plus i play Gabranth or Ultimecia for laughs.

And to quote the post on Sephiroth as low tier...
Quote:
Extremely fast bp attacks, has one of the highest critical hit rates in the game, decent aerial and ground game. Hp attacks are terrible, his only saving grace is scintilla.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:12 am
I thought Dissidia was pretty damn good for a PSP game. The storyline was enthralling and the gameplay is quite enjoyable. There couldve been a bit more in the HP attacks department, but they still did alright. All the unlockables and achievements definitely give you a challenge, but not necessarily in a bad way. I loved the concept a lot, bringing all these awesome characters together to create an all new story. Some of the characters personalities didn't meet my expectations though. *cough*emo Terra*cough* However overall I truly enjoyed it and still play it frequently.  

Arikaz

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:16 am
The story was alright. i knew what kind of story i was in for after picking it up.
Two gods pick # of people for each side to fight for them (this case, a hero/villain from each game. 11 and 12 are optional.) in a war that could never end.

The game play was good for a fighting game like that and i hope no one else takes the formula. it was made for Dissidia and it should only be used if another game like Dissidia was being made (the sense of fighting with spells and swords).

And i did unlock a few other things. I am still working on getting the Exdeath demo voices. (there is a file in Dissidia where the VA says "Turtle!". Still trying to unlock it)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:47 am
I agree with all of your comments but most of the voiceing made me very angry (ik someone already posted it but still) like terra she seemed way to weak and girly and i know she is the only female heroine in dissidia (other than cosmos)but she could be more stonger emotionaly.  

Rindia

smileycentralme
Captain

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:08 pm
I think it was alright... I actually was never able to go beat the game... the story is too confused

but i do pick it up to play the battle mode from time to time when im bored  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:35 pm
i think it is sweet  

OMG its random guy

Neo Bahamut 95

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:42 pm
Dissidia is the game that got me addicted to FF. It has a character for every style.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 pm
dissidia is actualy a very good game, but it has lots of room to improve, half of the characters are unbalanced in Air/Ground, or in bravery/health attacks, good examples are Cloud of Darkness, who NEVER learns a new bravery attack, but CoD gets a buttload of new hp attacks as she levels....another example is the Warrior of Light and firion, both of which are nearly hopeless in mid air comabat or when fighting the gods of air-fighting (ZIDANE! and sometimes golbez).....also, more characters would really be nice biggrin i would love to see kain, yuna, and marche to name just a few........another problem i find is some stages are just plain terrible, such as ulta's tower, which rapes firion and The Warrior of Light in almost everyway, if you have golbez/zidane/ulta/or even shannato they will be destroyed by superior air spam >.<

all in all its a great game, it just needs to get its kinks worked out  

HawkEye4736

5,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200

Rindia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:04 pm
Oh i definatly agree, they should tweak it up a bit and add more charaters (and bye the way i like ur sig :3)

all in all its a great game, it just needs to get its kinks worked out  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:17 pm
But the point of Dissidia was to bring One character from each of the 10 games. that means the hero for Cosmos and Villain/sub villain for Chaos. If they added other charters from the same game then to balance out the number they would need more villains to equal with them (and FF4's main villain would be like Chaos standard character.)
Sure they should of added a hero from 12 or a villain from 11 but 11's villains were ment to be killed via a group of people as solo is impossible. and 12 didn't have a real hero (some say Vaan and others say Basch fon Ronsenburg.). There could of been a hero for 12 but as far as 11 bosses...there are a lot being it an MMO.
so there are 22 characters including the two secret toons.
If you wanted to add (insert person) you need to add a (hero/villain) from same series that played a big role.  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm
Parth Makeo
12 didn't have a real hero (some say Vaan and others say Basch fon Ronsenburg.).

As far as I personally am concerened, Vaan is the hero of FFXII, but Basch was the more important character of the two.

As far as Dissidia is concerened, it was the only game I owned for the PSP that was worth having, (other than the PS1 classics I downloaded: FF7, Rayman, Wipeout etc...). As a Final Fantasy game it didn't fit the standard style, but it was a refreshing change that allowed some of the battles that we've dreamed of, (Squall vs. Cloud, Tidus vs. Jecht mano a mano etc...). Admittedly, a lot of battles weren't involved, i.e. Kain Highwind vs. anyone (by the way Kain would win any day...), but it's only a PSP game. If it were a PS3 game, then I imagine a lot more characters would have been included, but it wouldn't have been as fun. All in all, I reckon it was an awesome game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 pm
oh i love it too like i said. the game is good on PSP and i like tidbit battles to try and level the others. once you get Manual Pot, you can get mad EXP by pitting low level characters against max level Exdeath with above average gear. Let him break you and wait for your break status to leave. avoid the attacks and don't get hit by the counters. Use the pot when he has 9999 Brave and then use HP attacks. My highest amount i ever got like that on bonuses was like near 50,000 EXP (jumped about 30 levels from 1)
but the manual pot has two uses then charges for 5 fights.  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

Night_Shadeslinger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:03 pm
Own it and love it, could have given each character a few more combinations and more hp attacks but other than that, it was quite an exceptional game, graphics, story, and ability to use even the evil bosses from each of the games make it wonderful and more than worth the money.  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff