Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Sonic Colours 'is for kids' Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:07 am
Could the Sonic Cycle be happening again? The lead designer for Sonic Colours says Sonic Colours is intended to be played by children of probably between six and twelve years-old.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=19283

Well, this sucks. I'm also kinda annoyed about his idea of the 2 Sonic audiences. There are more audiences for Sonic than people who started off with the Mega Drive games and people who suck at video games. I am neither of them thanks. But yeah, this is bad news. For me at least. I'm worried that Sonic Colours will be a dumbed-down game aimed directly at young children and will offer very little or no challenge, and Iizuka seems to be implying it will very much be like this. So, I guess the Sonic Cycle isn't out of the question. Let's just hope Sonic Colours isn't merely a game where you hold down the boost button and watch a hedgehog run fast, and knowing Sonic Team, it probably will be.

Maybe I've just read too far into this though. I guess Sonic games usually are aimed at kids...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:12 am
It's just PR BS. Don't pay much mind to it.  

Waynebrizzle

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:08 am
By "aimed for a younger audience", he cleary means it's gonna be super gory and you're gonna be ripping out Eggman's heart and make everything blow up and s**t.

You know, 'cause kids love that stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 am
That doesn't sound like a bad thing. All the Sonic games that were aimed towards older crowds weren't all that good.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 am
Trenn Flashkill
That doesn't sound like a bad thing. All the Sonic games that were aimed towards older crowds weren't all that good.

shadoe da hedgehawg is 4 gwownups  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:38 am
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

shadoe da hedgehawg is 4 gwownups
mahmee da hedgehawg sed da eych wuad to da egman  

MaverickDrifter

Allegro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:17 pm
WHAT

I DEMAND MORE ADULT SONIC GAMES

HE SHOULD KISS MORE HUMANS

ALL THE TIME  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:38 pm
Woah, don't get me wrong, Sonic games aimed directly at over 12s are all awful as a general rule, but I feel Sonic games should be suitable for old and young, not just young. I'm just worried that they're gonna make it way easier than even Sonic Unleashed.  

Super Cheesio

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:44 pm
Honestly Sonic and the secret rings or w/e pretty much killed my love and hope for any new sonic game coming out  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:31 pm
Unless Sonic starts pronouncing Spanish words slowly and hanging out with a monkey wearing boots (the latter of which has probably happened in some game I've never played), the games are pretty much suitable for everyone. I'm not sure why that designer would try to limit his audience by saying something like that in the first place.  

Waynebrizzle

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:33 pm
Waynebrizzle
Unless Sonic starts pronouncing Spanish words slowly and hanging out with a monkey wearing boots (the latter of which has probably happened in some game I've never played), the games are pretty much suitable for everyone. I'm not sure why that designer would try to limit his audience by saying something like that in the first place.
DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE CHAOS EMERALD IS?

"IT'S RIGHT ******** BEHIND YOU JESEUS CHRIST ********"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:35 pm
Robotnik no roboticizing!

Robotnik: I HATE THAT HEDGEHO- I MEAN AWWW MAN  

Waynebrizzle

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 pm
Tails the Fox tails the fox tails the fox tails the fox tails the fox TAILS THE FOX!

HI, I'M TAILS THE FOX, AND SONIC NEEDS TO GET TO THE EGG GOLEM  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:35 pm
First we need to go over Green Hill, then we go under the Ice Cap  

Waynebrizzle

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:50 pm
Look, it's Big the Cat!

iHola! Yo soy Big el Gato. ?Vistes mi amigo Froggy por aqui?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff