Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
I Need Help Choosing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Should I Get
  PSP with BBS (why?)
  or Kinect (Why?)
  neither (why?)
View Results

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 pm
well see for christmas i want only 2 things and i can only get one or the other i want a psp with BBS (birth by sleep) or Kinect (if you don't know go here )  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:13 pm
Personally i think Kinect is going to be a fail. It's going to be one of those things that everybody wants but once they get it, try and used it They're going to be like" this thing SUCKS, what a waste of money!" i don't see how people can play video games without somekind of controller.  

Akumauri

Akumauri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:18 pm
Oh and get a PSP. It is a MUST HAVE. Besides playing BBS, there are so many good titles by Square Enix for the PSP. You can also play the classics such as Final Fantasy, FF2 and the popular FF7. Plus you can listen your favorite music from the games.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:11 pm
You are thinking about getting Kinect?!
I will hate to be the a** but PSP through eternity.
All Kinect is, is a Wii game system but without the remote and it reads your moves. It's the Playstation Eye but on Xbox360 and most of the games are not as fun as PSE.

If you want more bashing on the Horrible Kinect, go to Screwattack as 99.99% of the G1's and the gang. they make fun of it so much it's already dead before it even fully released...  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

Akumauri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:30 pm
Parth Makeo
You are thinking about getting Kinect?!
I will hate to be the a** but PSP through eternity.
All Kinect is, is a Wii game system but without the remote and it reads your moves. It's the Playstation Eye but on Xbox360 and most of the games are not as fun as PSE.

If you want more bashing on the Horrible Kinect, go to Screwattack as 99.99% of the G1's and the gang. they make fun of it so much it's already dead before it even fully released...
Another who agrees, Kinect really just is a rip off of Playstation's eye cam and the Wii with no mote. I also don't think highly of Playstation's MOVE, only because on how it looks. *Cough*(looks suspicious) *Cough*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:17 pm
I haven't really heard much from Kinect so buying it now would be a waste unless of course if you are into those games available right now that are something that looks like Wii games.

PSP would be the better choice right now, get the Kinect when the titles you want that needs it are released.

Akumauri
Another who agrees, Kinect really just is a rip off of Playstation's eye cam and the Wii with no mote. I also don't think highly of Playstation's MOVE, only because on how it looks. *Cough*(looks suspicious) *Cough*

I am no fan of Xbox or microsoft in general, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the 'ripping-off' of console looks and feel. Games, systems, consoles get copied everytime. What matters is what they offer with it. For Kinect's case, it obviously was a fail for offering games that are nearly the same as wii on a console that costs more. (That is the true 'rip-off' right there) The PSMove did better in a way, but not really many got into it because of the titles. And it made Wii make a 'better' controller.

These aggressive competition that makes them rip off each other contributes to the betterment of making games; so I say let them rip each other off. As long as better games come out of it, I'm game.  

Oblivious Mischief
Crew

Tricky Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 am
Oblivious Mischief
I haven't really heard much from Kinect so buying it now would be a waste unless of course if you are into those games available right now that are something that looks like Wii games.

PSP would be the better choice right now, get the Kinect when the titles you want that needs it are released.

Akumauri

I am no fan of Xbox or microsoft in general, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the 'ripping-off' of console looks and feel. Games, systems, consoles get copied everytime. What matters is what they offer with it. For Kinect's case, it obviously was a fail for offering games that are nearly the same as wii on a console that costs more. (That is the true 'rip-off' right there) The PSMove did better in a way, but not really many got into it because of the titles. And it made Wii make a 'better' controller.

These aggressive competition that makes them rip off each other contributes to the betterment of making games; so I say let them rip each other off. As long as better games come out of it, I'm game.

Im a huge fan of Nintendo, PlayStation and Microsoft and I agree with what you say i don't care if the copy each other only if the games get better and better (had a friend who thinks Nintendo copied the Xbox360 by making it black >.< PlayStation 2 and 3 are both black neutral ) and if the games aren't exactly alike im fine Ex: like a game called Born By Awaken (stfu i can't think of a better name >.<) and all it is, is the same story like as BBS but just different looks for the characters different voices and the maker was Bungie (idk anyother company for Xbox but them i love Bungie biggrin )so yea :3 /rant end  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:31 am
Well sadly, kingdom hearts is owned by Square and if bungie tried to make BBA then they would be sued.

A better example of games that are alike is this...
Legend of Zelda 2 on NES and Rambo on NES.
They both have the same game play as a side scrolling game except that LOZ2 uses magic and Rambo has different guns.
They both have the same fighting style, they both have leveling up, they both have a huge difficulty and cryptic steps and the kicker is...Rambo was made by Acclaim and LOZ was made from pure nintendo.
Here is Rambo
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And this is Zelda Two

That is copying a game without lawsuits.
All you can really do is copy game controls, not the actual rip off characters. (and don't get me started on how Dan Hibiki came into Street Fighter)  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

The Wrath Of Sorrow

2,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:43 am
I advise you get a PSP and BBS. I can't wait for it's release. I'm getting it three days after it's NA Release. Kinect really is crap. But I agree with you on liking all game makers. I have a GameBoy, Nintendo DS, Wii, PS2, PSP, and Xbox360. It's awesome. BBS for the win.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 am
Parth Makeo
Well sadly, kingdom hearts is owned by Square and if bungie tried to make BBA then they would be sued.

They both have the same game play as a side scrolling game except that LOZ2 uses magic and Rambo has different guns.
They both have the same fighting style, they both have leveling up, they both have a huge difficulty and cryptic steps and the kicker is...Rambo was made by Acclaim and LOZ was made from pure nintendo.
Here is Rambo
And this is Zelda Two

All you can really do is copy game controls, not the actual rip off characters. (and don't get me started on how Dan Hibiki came into Street Fighter)

you made me think of one of the old mario games i believe it was super mario 2 or 3 its the one where you can play as peach and toad...anyway that game was a copy of a japanese games :S can't remember the name though  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:41 am
The Wrath Of Sorrow
I advise you get a PSP and BBS. I can't wait for it's release. I'm getting it three days after it's NA Release. Kinect really is crap. But I agree with you on liking all game makers. I have a GameBoy, Nintendo DS, Wii, PS2, PSP, and Xbox360. It's awesome. BBS for the win.

i have or have had every console but the NES smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 pm
i P a n d a R a p i s t
Parth Makeo

Here is Rambo
And this is Zelda Two

you made me think of one of the old mario games i believe it was super mario 2 or 3 its the one where you can play as peach and toad...anyway that game was a copy of a japanese games :S can't remember the name though

The real Mario two never made it to america till the arcade cause people thought it would be boring to do the same thing again. plus it was harder.  

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:04 pm
Parth Makeo
i P a n d a R a p i s t
Parth Makeo

Here is Rambo
And this is Zelda Two

The real Mario two never made it to america till the arcade cause people thought it would be boring to do the same thing again. plus it was harder.

i didn't think it was to much harder  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:16 pm
PSP plain and simple  

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

Akumauri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:14 pm
plus with the psp, you can mod it to play other games not on the psp.  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff