Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Cooking, Baking & Nomming
Foods you eat which others consider abnormal Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You eat
  Only "normal food"
  Only "fast food"
  What ever I can find
  A well balanced and moderated diet
  Really strange messed up stuff
  The souls of dead babys
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:36 pm
So recenlty I have gotten into snacking on raw pasta (the long noodles). And since there are old wives tails of raw pasta being bad for you (it really isnt, unless you do something like chip a tooth).

And I also like the pickle juice...the nice spicey vinegar taste of pickles in liquid form (Pickled gherkins...not pickled onions etc).
But the stuff in the jar after all the gherkins have been consumed.

im sure there are others but for now thats an example

Anything you like to eat which other consider abnormal?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:07 am
Dude! The other day I was just reading some posts that Deno and I wrote about liking the taste of pickle juice. Which I do love very much. Funny how things come up again like that heart

Aside from that, let's see...well, I don't know that this is a weird THING I eat so much as something I eat in a weird way. Basically I take baked potatoes that are wrapped in foil, unwrap them and eat them like normal people eat candy bars.

I'm sure there must be other things I eat that are "strange" but for the life of me I can't come up with any right now. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:15 am
lol really? I dont remember that...Hmm maybe I do vaugly

but yeah when I was in CA I finished a jar of pickles and one of the guys was like "ill give you $2 to drink all the juice" I was like...Well....I guess so.

and with disgusted looks from a couple people...Downed it in one.

Hmm, Foil potatoes are good if cooked on the fire, but if cooked in the oven its better to fork puncture potatoes to ensure a more fluffy potato...apparently...dunno I dont really cook with potatoes

I do eat oranges and manderins etc like apples...As in I eat everything (except the seeds in oranges manderins though they can be okay to suck on or chew...they just arnt good to swallow), But citrus fruit is good. Apples I will eat the core if I cant be bothered of finding a ecological way to dispose of the core  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:50 am
Sadly, my potatoes all come from the chow hall right now, so I have little control over whether they get cooked properly. Which sometimes they don't. And it saddens me.

So you eat the orange peel and everything? Damn, Sage. I've heard of people eating apple cores, but I don't think I've ever heard of eating orange peels. Do you do anything out of the ordinary with bananas too?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:34 pm
Hmm you can make cheese cake but not potatoes? thats pretty whack.

Yes, but citrus zest is a common ingrediant in many recipes, also orange zest if full of vitamins you just dont get from the rest of the fruit.

"Orange Peel is an easily digestible, highly nutritious support for a healthy digestive tract and has helped ease gastrointestinal complaints such as dyspepsia, colic, flatulence, indigestion, diarrhea and heartburn and is said to be particularly effective in digesting fatty foods.

The pectin in Orange Peel appears to stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria that is effective in helping to prevent food-borne pathogens; and some folk healers have even claimed that Orange Rind may also help clear toxins (including lead poisoning) from the system. The pectin in Orange Peel is a soluble fiber that may be helpful in lowering blood cholesterol and glucose levels. Soluble fibers are thought to prevent cholesterol absorption and slow the absorption"

And what I do in the privacy of my own home with bananas is for me to know and...You to I guess.

Not really, though I do eat them the style of our beloved speicoral cousins, which is you hold the stem end, and bite the short end and peel them back with your teeth.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:36 pm
Hmmm. Some people find that it's odd that I've eaten duck/eel/jellyfish/octopus. o-o Duck is the only of those 4 that I actually enjoy, however.  

Angeloney

Shameless Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:17 pm
Quote:
Angeloney
Hmmm. Some people find that it's odd that I've eaten duck/eel/jellyfish/octopus. o-o Duck is the only of those 4 that I actually enjoy, however.

Yeah, duck sounds like the only one of those that I would enjoy too. I am such a picky eater. Texture is almost more important to me than flavor. Shredded coconut, onions, celery, iceberg lettuce all = no thank yous to me. I can't even enjoy broccoli raw and it's my favorite vegetable.

Duck I find is a bit gamey in poultry sense. Also the buckshot isnt tastey either (a local used to give us like 10 ducks in the hunting season...But my parent mainly handed them on).

Eel Depends on how its done in most senses I dont really like it. but "Jang Uh Gui" (I think), Is a really nice korean eel dish, which I got introduced to in a korean resturant in CA.

Jelly fish...Nope youve got me there

But I LOVE octopii and squid.

@Gold, Yeah I know a few texture peeps, Coconut seems to be a real common demoniator with that. But Im fine with all of those, though in terms of lettuce im not an endives fan.

When I was younge I used to sneak out and feed on the goat food which is similar to the dusty crumbly pellety stuff you feed horses.

Grass, The peduncle is fun to chew on, but not really the blades itself. Raw natural licorice is bark pretty much, but is really really strong when eaten unprocessed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:31 pm
I once had a blood orange which tastes slightly sweeter than a regular orange but the juice inside is blood red. It was good but I doubt I could eat another with my eyes open. Link to a pic if you're interested: http://www.harvestwizard.com/bloodoranges1r.jpg  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:36 pm
I think the picture of your blood orange is staring into my soul. Maybe that's where all the blood comes from.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:10 pm
8D I eat all sorts of stuff! Even paper! Even tree bark and grass!  

Oranib

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

TJ_Jaganshi
Vice Captain

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:13 pm
I eat BOOGERS!!!! LOLOLOLOL JKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJK whee I knew that's grab your attention whee I put salad dressing on my food when I grill or cook it on the stove. It makes for an excellent marinade  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:21 pm
Oranib
8D I eat all sorts of stuff! Even paper! Even tree bark and grass!

You serious? Do you enjoy that stuff? Huh. I guess I'm shockingly boring with what I eat. Oh, and wheatgrass is the only grass I've tried and I HATED it xp

@TJ: What kind of dressing? Whenever I hear dressing, I always immediately think of ranch. Which I could put on almost anything, actually, and sometimes to.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:43 am
Yeah NZ loves random cultivars of fruit and veges so blood oranges and such are similar here

For example of random cultivar, mum is just starting to plant...p***s Chilles

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (its real common name is indeed "peter pecker chilli")  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:14 am
I like to eat most of my food with a condiment. I put Ketchup on mashed potatoes. I put BBQ sauce on anything meat related. One time I put A1 Steak sauce on a chicken wrap. Was really good!

One time I went to an Asian restaurant in town and put a bunch of sushi on my plate and ate it in front of my family. They all gave me weird looks. I guess sushi is pretty gross to people? (Japanese notwithstanding.)

NekoLaharl

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:37 am
yeah sushi is good...so is gimbap ninja  
Cooking, Baking & Nomming

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]