Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Unsuspected crafters. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crafts in you family are......
  mom
  aunt
  cousin
  grandma
  dad
  uncle
  grandpa
  other (if so please state)
View Results

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:47 pm
All you guys know that I like to knit and kinda know I make jewelry (now I can see some you guys say "I didn't know that" eek ) My mom crochets and is very good at it. (even though she only knows one patterns) I had found out after a conversation about our crafts that my great grandfather crochets too. That was a total surprised and I had talked and stayed at his house and seen no sign of it. The fact is that he used to make finger pupets and other things. I thought it was cool though that we weren't the only ones on my mom side that did crafts with yarn like we do. Who in your family do crafts that you did not suspect did them or who in your family are crafters???  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:45 am
In my family, there aren't really any suprises. However, there are a couple people that I've met that aren't related to me that have given me suprises. I find it great though, it's awesome to know the world has one more craftster.  

curli

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:41 pm
my mum has been crafty my entire life.
my grandma too,
but no suprise editions to the crafty family tree that I know of.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:16 am
Almost everybody in my family has some sort of beloved craft in their life!
SO here is the ppl I can think of that definitely are a crafter:
Sisters (4)
Mom
Brothers(2)
Grandma (1)
Grandpa(1)
Aunt (2)
Cousins (4)
=^-^= That is the amount right off the top of my head at the moment.  

NightRainSpirit

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:42 pm
In my family, the sewing machine is where mothers teach their daughters.... how to swear a blue streak. Everyone has childhood memories of my grandmother poking them with pins and trying to sew clothes onto our poor little bodies. x.x My sister and I are the only ones that really paint/sew/sculpt/etc. The crafting gene skipped four generations. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:39 pm
Well, my aunt's really crafty, but not blood-related -so I guess I didn't get craftiness from her...- And apparently before she had her stroke, my grandmother made quilts. I'd forgotten until just now, but my other grandmother crafts as well. She weaves, and knits. I guess I have more craftiness in my family than I thought. sweatdrop  

KariudoMegami

Umberella

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:54 pm
My mom does leaded stained glass windows and sewing. I am trying to teach her to knit, but I'm not the greatest teacher. And I'm learning to quilt. My grandmother did just about every kind of craft I can think of...
Sadly crying I don't think anyone else in my family does anything crafty.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:08 pm
My mom is supper crafty, and i guess raised me crafty, but now I have exceeded her craftiness!! xd  

ajazzydancer

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:08 pm
My mom was my crafting mentor
My grandmom has sewn since before my mom was born
My grandfather used to have a men's clothing store, and likes to work with wood
My aunt paints
My uncle makes collages out of found objects
My other grandmom knit most of my baby blankets ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:41 pm
My mom's been sporadically crafty my whole life. My dad ties flies for fly fishing and makes cabinets and boxes and the like. One of my aunts is a fairly well known artist, the other's a potter. My sister crafts almost as much as I do, but she got the artist genes and refuses to use patterns, so her actual crafts (different from her artwork) can be kind of hit or miss. My brother's a blacksmith and is currently working on some sort of gate thing, in and amongst fireplace sets. I think my family was destined to be fine craftsmen but got born in the wrong century.  

Blue-eyes-green

Rorek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:33 am
My mother is like the craft master. Others in my family who sew/quilt/crocet/etc are all 4 of my sisters, my Aunt on my Mom's side, My deceased grandma (she was even better than my mom from what I hear) and I do believe my cousin does as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:35 pm
yea well my mom taught me how to crosstitch and then i wanted to learn how to crochet since my aunt would do it a lot. then i got a book and taught myself how to crochet smile  

sasam!-san

1,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Erichte

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:03 am
My uncle makes wonderfull things out of metal, but he does not see his own talent.
I have alot of his stuff in my house mostly things he made with dragons biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:36 pm
all of the crafty people are on my mom's side of the family. my grandmother crochets and works with plastic canvas. my aunt paints, my mom does scrapbooking and paper pieceing.  

Miyaka-san

i call p o l o

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:36 pm
me and my mommy craft she sews and crochets and i knit and sew  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items