Submit

Halloween is bad?
  No way!
  Um, yeah!
  Heck no I love Halloween!
View Results

II-Lymiex-II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:21 pm
People who think Halloween is bad annoy me. I mean, what's wrong with it? Different people have different reasons for liking it, or not liking it. Some people who don't like it, I understand their point. Some people think it's wrong because they say that it's supposed to be the Devil's birthday. Is it? Even so, I don't think antone celebrates it for that. I love dressing up on Halloween. This year I'm going to be Kairi from Kingdom Hearts I (It's going to be so awesome! I have a wig, blue contacts and everything!). Everyone has different opinions, and I would like to hear yours.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:33 pm
Well this is the first time I have ever heard that it was Satan's birthday.

There is nothing wrong with the holiday. To me it's just a time to have fun, carve pumpkins, pass out candy, go trick or treating, dress up in costumes, etc.

It's ultimately up to the individual person if they want to participate in the holiday or not.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Lucky-Emi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:58 pm
I said something about this earlier. It depends on one's intent.

And Imma be a zombie =D  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:00 pm
Being a local actress I can dress up when theirs plays or when I'm goofing off as Jessie the Cowgirl.. Don't care much for Halloween but that is my own opinion. <--- ((being honest about it))  

Nyssa Traken

Chief Chilly

4,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:00 pm
I was taught that Halloween was a bad holiday. At least, if my memory serves, the orginal holiday. I was taught that it was something to do with witches and warlocks getting together and conjuring demons, and stuff of the like.

I guess over time, things have shifted, but there's still that element. I guess it really comes down to what the purpose of the person is, like Shadow said. Though I personally believe that due to the origin, there's still something satanic about this time.

All that aside, I don't take part in Halloween because I don't get the point of it. You get dressed in something you'll likely never use again and go ask for candy from strangers. Seems kind of.....odd imo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 pm
For me i personally don't see anything wrong with it. I don't like the satanic themes of it but the way that it is mostly done now I see nothing wrong. I'm not a big fan of trick or treating but i don't mind the free candy. But I don't hold the holiday as being such a big deal.

I'm gonna be Elphaba when she first arrived at Shiz University :3  

Janet23

Festive Builder

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:05 am
halloween is a pagan holiday but the origonal meaning wasnt anything bad, its just a time of year when the spirits are stronger according to some beliefs. im sure that some people probably use the holiday as an excuse to summon things or to do some black magic, but thats not what the holiday is about, people will do that at any time of year

right now its a very commercialized holiday thats fun for everyone. lets face it, not many people even know what the origonal holiday was about, ive done a bunch of projects on it and i still dont know much about it  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:09 pm
Well... if Christ was suddenly right beside you... what would he say? What would you think?  

Grace from God

Blessed Informer

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:51 am
It was a pagan holiday brought to America by kids from England, who robbed if you didn't give 'em candy. It started out in the 19th century if I'm not mistaken. They dressed up in masks, and stuff so no one would recognize them, so it basically started out as a robbing kinda thing xD

I don't really celebrate it anymore. My neighbourhood is too dead for it. I just dress up as the Grim Reaper and watch tv or play video games. Sometimes scare the crud out of someone xD

I enjoy it for the Snickers I get that day ninja

I don't see the evil in it though, at least not in my neighbourhood.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am
mostly little kids go trick-or-treatring (this is me last year. crying ) and the older kids get dressed up and go to parties (what i will do next year... my own b-day party lol) but it's fun i'm being the bluberry girl (showed it to my grandma and she was like your not allowed to wear that it has to cover your ankles. stare awww innocent grandmas... it wasn't even that short.)  

tealflower1928

Grace from God

Blessed Informer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:38 am
Personally, I don't like the idea of Halloween, cause it's almost like promoting evil indirectly, as if it's okay to be into the dark side every now and then.

I had a roommate once who got excited over Halloween just because it gave her the excuse of dressing up as a whore without being considered one. That was just kind of sickening...

I watched a commercial of some party mart selling Halloween costumes and they dressed up a baby with a devil costume... if Christ held that baby and took a look at what it was wearing... what do you think Christ would think? ^^;;

It's kinda like how Satan covers his traps with candy and pretty costumes... its scary.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:00 pm
According to my knowledge, Halloween was originally a Pagan holiday, Satan had nothing to do with it. Halloween isn't evil, though some people do evil things at that time. The demon baby thing is messed up, but my friend is being Barney and... maybe Barney wasn't a good example but my sister is going to be a ladybug. Not everyone dresses up like hookers and devils. Those things are wrong, but you can dress up as something totally innocent.  

Lucky-Emi

Lord Izaran

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:24 pm
I think I expressed my views before...*scratches head* anyway here it is again.

Hallow's Eve is to me a day in which to remember and honor the fallen and dead. Not worship obviously, but to pay regards and respect. If people want to party a bit fine, dressing up is fine as long as you realize that what it is you dress as is not you.

I personally go as historical stuff :3 Like I have an old Soviet uniform (See profile for details xD), but I am not a Communist or even Russian. I just like collecting old stuff...keep history in memory. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Lucky-Emi
According to my knowledge, Halloween was originally a Pagan holiday, Satan had nothing to do with it. Halloween isn't evil, though some people do evil things at that time. The demon baby thing is messed up, but my friend is being Barney and... maybe Barney wasn't a good example but my sister is going to be a ladybug. Not everyone dresses up like hookers and devils. Those things are wrong, but you can dress up as something totally innocent.

Yeah true, pagans used it as a way of scaring away evil spirits.. but the idea of it being pagan, meaning something is definitely not of God, its hard to observe it since it's basically another religion that God tells us to stray away from. I don't know, I don't feel comfortable being part of it.

Plus, it seems so much of the world... like yeah not everyone dresses up indecently or like a demon, and yeah there are people that dress up as innocent animals, but when a child, dressed up as a princess has friends with her who are dressed up as monsters or when a young college student dresses up as a ghost with a giant white table cloth but her friends are dressed up as a sexy cop or some costume with a horrible sexual innuendo, then you're indirectly telling them that all this bad stuff is okay, that it's really not as bad as you think it is, and even if it doesn't seem like it, its programmed into peoples minds to lower the threat of these things. And then they would become a little more lenient to these bad things...

Grace from God

Blessed Informer

II-Lymiex-II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:29 pm
So, it used to be a pagan holiday. Only some people still celebrate it that way. For the idiots who use it to dress up as sleezes and whores, that's them and their sickening choice for Halloween. As for me, I just like to dress up and get free candy.  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff