Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:23 am
This is my thread about my process of making my Guro Lolita outfit! Right now all I have is the shiro outfit so this is what I shall share with you... When my whole process is done and over I'll probably switch this over to the Lolita How To forum section. ^_^ Con. Crit., comments, and suggestions are strongly encouraged.

So a few days ago I got my Bodyline order in the mail! Everything looks awesome, the one piece, the headdress (though I REALLY want a white headbow instead), and the shoes. All I need to get now for the outfit are white stockings, either a dust mask or an eye patch, and some bandages.

So far this is what I've got... Before the Guro!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sleeve detail.

Skirt Hem detail.

Shoe detail. I was really holding out for boots, but these will do just fine, but they're also the only item that came in and DOESN'T FIT ME!! They're like a centimeter too big, hopefully some insoles will fix that. o.o

Hopefully soon I can get some photos of me wearing the whole shiro outfit, it will be a good lol considering all I wear is gothic and kuro lolita. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:04 pm
What are you going to use for blood to splatter all over it? Paint? fake blood? etc...
And do you plan on splattering the accesories too? I never see that done, its just the dress covered in blood.  

vampiredroid

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hunter 50

The World Within

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:31 pm
vampiredroid
What are you going to use for blood to splatter all over it? Paint? fake blood? etc...
And do you plan on splattering the accesories too? I never see that done, its just the dress covered in blood.

I'm also wondering what to use.
Fake blood can kind of fade to a yucky colour on its own I find :c
But I like blood on eyepatches. xD

I wish I had time and money to but something guro together. :c  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm
I used Tulip brand fabric paint, it came in a spray bottle which was PERFECT! lolz And yes I did hit the accessories too, and I may even do the socks when I get them in. ^_^ A lot of people have been making comments on my color choice, I wanted to go for a candy-apple red to keep it less realistic looking, though I would have liked to make it a little darker that's the only red they offered, the selection was slim.

Dress detail.

Shoe detail.

Bow detail.

I took the tube of the spray bottle out of the paint and flicked it around on the dress to give it some bigger splatter marks. The spray bottle was nice because if I pushed down fast and hard it created a mist/spray, but if I did it slowly it created a splatter/drip effect. ^_^

P.S. I have added MORE paint to a lot of these items since I posted the photos. Every time I look at it I see places that need a little improvement.  

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Fire-cat14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:44 pm
looks awesome. nice job. The way you splattered it and all was great. it looks as though it would be blood. but dont you think the red looks a little too bright? i don't know, maybe its just me. maybe its just the way the light is shining.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:45 pm
I'm glad you said you added more, I feel like more blood makes it more Halloween-y XD It looks great!  

vampiredroid

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hunter 50

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:38 pm
It looks lovely! I'm assuming you got the back as well?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:22 am
It turned out awesome!! ^_^ I didn't even try it on until the Friday before Halloween to wear it to a club. These photos are actually from Halloween day, the Charm City Lolitas (Baltimore, MD) had a daytime Halloween Party, and then I had to work later that night.

Outfit Shot
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Make Up Shot - Driving Lolita is Driving - I LOVED my hair.

At work... I was a cocktail waitress for the bartender that night.

BONUS Group Shot

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:25 am
Kittywitch
It looks lovely! I'm assuming you got the back as well?

Yes but not as much as the front, just some splatter to keep it interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:50 am
It looks even better on! The artfully torn stockings are a nice touch.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:51 pm
Kittywitch
It looks even better on! The artfully torn stockings are a nice touch.

They're actually OTK socks by Montreal. ^_^ I bought them on the LJ sales comm like days before Halloween. The socks I had just didn't look right and I couldn't find white stockings anywhere.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:54 pm
Fire-cat14
looks awesome. nice job. The way you splattered it and all was great. it looks as though it would be blood. but dont you think the red looks a little too bright? i don't know, maybe its just me. maybe its just the way the light is shining.

I actually had a lot of comments on the brightness of my blood, and once I explained to people that I wanted a very cute blood splatter they understood, I didn't want anything too gorey because I'm not a grotesque person at heart, I'm cute, and if I'm bloody then you better be sure as hell that I'm going to be cute and bloody at the same time. ^_^ I had a blast.  

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Alpha Drug
I actually had a lot of comments on the brightness of my blood, and once I explained to people that I wanted a very cute blood splatter they understood, I didn't want anything too gorey because I'm not a grotesque person at heart, I'm cute, and if I'm bloody then you better be sure as hell that I'm going to be cute and bloody at the same time. ^_^ I had a blast.
With that spray pattern it's obviously not your blood. So it seems whatever you've killed, or were present at the death of, it doesn't have blood the same color as a human. The doll people of Teddius 12, perhaps? 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:52 pm
Kittywitch
Alpha Drug
With that spray pattern it's obviously not your blood. So it seems whatever you've killed, or were present at the death of, it doesn't have blood the same color as a human. The doll people of Teddius 12, perhaps? 4laugh

... I got in a fight with a cherry pie? Haha!  

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:26 pm