Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Pre-Marital sex? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe in pre-marital sex? Have you done it?
  Yes
  No
  I believe in it, but I'm a virgin.
  I do not believe in it, but I've done it?
View Results

MinaTheRomanticNeko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:42 pm
Assuming we are all Atheists, we do not believe that we will go to hell if we engage in sexual intercourse before marrige.

I believe that pre-marital sex is okay, just as long as you're ready and you know what you're getting yourself into. Unlike me. whee

Though some people may still believe that pre-marital sex is wrong. Not because the bible says so, but because of thier personal morals.

So how do you guys feel about pre-marital sex? What has influenced you to have these feelings?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:09 pm
Don't really care. Maybe I'm saying this out of ignorance or apathy, no reason why both can't be true.  

Phaeton

iviary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:15 pm
I doubt I'll wait until marriage. But I also know I'm not ready now.

The only reason I would consider waiting until marriage is in order to avoid any risk of getting pregnant out of wedlock. However, either way, I would utilize all means of decreasing the chance of pregnancy, as well as STDs. I'm smart enough to not ruin my dreams with getting pregnant at this age, or any age in the near future.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:48 pm
I dont have any problem with it. I dont want to wait till I get married to have sex and i'm still not sure if I want to get married. If I end up meeting the right girl and we both want to have sex before marrage then I would do it.  

Zambimaru

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:07 pm
The term "pre-marital sex" seems deciving.
People arn't against sex before marrige as much as they are against "underage sex".  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:56 pm
Pre-marital sex is totally okay, in my book. As long as you're smart about it, then have all the sex you want. If you truly feel that you're ready, then why would it be so wrong?

Thus, the invention of condems and the pill. rolleyes  

Ketashia

Rune WolfHaven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:59 pm
It depends on it you are going to spend the rest of your life with that person, in my opinion. Virginity is something that once it's lost, you can never get it back. It won't be worth losing unless itis to someone amazingly special.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:23 pm
Dekoto
It depends on it you are going to spend the rest of your life with that person, in my opinion. Virginity is something that once it's lost, you can never get it back. It won't be worth losing unless itis to someone amazingly special.

Seeing as how I haven't lost mine, I'm not exactly an authority on the subject. I do plan on "giving" mine to someone special somewhere down the road, but I'm not sure why it has to be someone I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. Why is virginity so special? For women, it's physically defined by a membrane that you have and then you don't have (except for those born without it, or who have broken it in other activities). For men, there is really no physical sign of it. Certainly having intercourse is a life-changing event in many ways, but why must your first time be with your life-long partner? Certainly, I would regret having my first experience be a one night stand, or with someone whom I did not love, but marriage, or the intention of marriage, seems like a fairly unnecessary qualification, as long as all precautions are taken to avoid any possible negative consequences.  

iviary

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:51 pm
I, and most of my friends, aren't waiting until marriage but at the same time that doesn't mean you aren't being careful about who your first time is with.

You can still get pregnant before you're ready even if you're married and your oh so wonderful partner can still leave you. Marriage does not make a relationship better or make it permanent, so even if you wait til marriage things can still go wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:01 pm
For personal reasons, I'm not waiting til marriage. If I weren't held to the circumstances at hand, I'd probably wait. The reason is to keep the idea of marriage important. It's still important otherwise, but I think that sex is one of the things that makes marriage worth it.  

iMito

Sors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:25 pm
I'm still a virgin, and the way I see it... It's really your choice to have sex when ever you want.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:28 am
I don't mind pre-marital sex, but then again, I don't have my V-card. But, I don't see people having sex at like 10 years old.. That, I think is just plain wrong. neutral

Egotistical Drug

Amphex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:17 pm
Been there done that. I don't have a problem with pre-martial sex. Considering my situation anyway, I can't get married so sex is sex.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:42 pm
iviary
Dekoto

Seeing as how I haven't lost mine, I'm not exactly an authority on the subject. I do plan on "giving" mine to someone special somewhere down the road, but I'm not sure why it has to be someone I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. Why is virginity so special? For women, it's physically defined by a membrane that you have and then you don't have (except for those born without it, or who have broken it in other activities). For men, there is really no physical sign of it. Certainly having intercourse is a life-changing event in many ways, but why must your first time be with your life-long partner? Certainly, I would regret having my first experience be a one night stand, or with someone whom I did not love, but marriage, or the intention of marriage, seems like a fairly unnecessary qualification, as long as all precautions are taken to avoid any possible negative consequences.

Yeah, I often wondered why virginity was so special before I lost it.
Sex.Changes.Everything.
And I know I'm not the only person who feels that way. I used to think sex was just sex. Like...it just happens, it hurts, it's over. But it's complicated...there are alot of things that come with sex that you didnt bargin for. Like...attatchments. Before I lost my virginity I thought I wouldn't be attatched, because that's just not my personality. But, surprise, surprise, I felt alot of wierd emotions. I was ashamed and embarassed around my family, but this guy became the center of my world. Which is bad, because this guy was using me. confused

My point-make sure you're really in love. And that your partner loves you back. Sex can potentially be a very self-destructive act if you dont 'do it right.' Sorry if I scared anyone. xd

MinaTheRomanticNeko

Kiaori Moon Warrior

Combative Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:51 am
Sex is something very serious but, if take all the precautions, I think it's ok. If you love somebody with all your heart (or if you only want to have fun) have sex!  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff