Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Conspiracy Theories and Speculations: Who's Ash's Daddy?
Lance the germaphobe! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold for ye? :{D
  Gold for me! :{D
View Results

Cocoon Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:45 pm
Alright, bare with me a second. Y'know how every good trainer on the newer games has AI programmed in with a specific strategy?
Well, Lance's is to use Safegaurd at all times.
Even when it doesn't make sense.
I was in the midst of being thoroughly pwned by said Champion on my FR game, when suddenly the Safegraurd set up by a rather annoying Dragonair wore off. Now, all that was left was my Pidgeot. All he had to do was one more Thunderbolt, and he'd have me made.
What did he do?
"HA! I have you, yet! All I need is one more atta-- OMG! SAFEGAURD IS DOWN! THE GERMS! THEY'LL GET ME! PUT IT BACK UP, QUICK!"
At which point, a very confused Dragonite fell unconcious.

Yesyes, Ishy's a dork. We all know that. Just smile and nod, then make a discreet call to the nearest asylum like the norm. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:48 pm
XD Yeah, I know. The AIs can only be programmed so far. Most of them have a "Choose the most 'logical' option" rule programmed, so they won't use attacks that are "not very effective," even if it's their only attack, and if they use Safeguard more than once, then you know they've been programmed to keep it up as a first priority.

I remember I was fighting Giovanni's Nidoqueen, and since I was using a Pokemon that had a type resistance (can't remember which one exactly), he kept using Tail Whip. XD He could have easily defeated me with her, but he decided to just use Tail Whip, even after my Pokemon's defense couldn't go any lower, so I managed to whittle down her health. 3nodding  

Little Rachael

Skyrius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:03 pm
Ishrie
"HA! I have you, yet! All I need is one more atta-- OMG! SAFEGAURD IS DOWN! THE GERMS! THEY'LL GET ME! PUT IT BACK UP, QUICK!"

OH man, I fell over laughing and hit my friend on the back. Whops. That's hillarious though.

I didn't have too much trouble with Lance, only two of my pokemon died. Still, I always did find that odd. He used safegaurd alot, although not as much as you apparently said he did.

Phh, hahahaha!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:03 am
Maybe he just likes to play safe. =]  

j05h

1,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Skittycat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:49 pm
Ishrie

rofl That's funny. I noticed that with some of the other computer characters who have safeguard too. It seems they think it's more important to be ABSOLUTELY SURE you don't get hit with a status condition, even when they're in full health and you're in red. They probably should have been programmed to attack anyway if one more hit would kill you. That would make it a bit more challenging.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:01 am
Haha.
I've had trouble with dragon trainers as well.

Take Drake for example. Drake loves his Salamence to pieces. It's probably his favorite.
So, even though, when I still have my entire team up, and he's on his last leg (Salamence), and my Altaria is spamming Dragon claw, which manages to get the poor dragon down to red HP every time, he insists on full restoring every single turn for a good two minutes.
"NOO! SALAMENCE! DON'T GO! I LOVE YOU! -fullrestorefullrestorefullrestore-"

And Phoebe's Sableye in Sapphire? I swear she has a crush on my Sableye. I'm not kidding, she's constantly spamming attract. I have a red flute, but as soon as I use it, she does it again.
Of course, most of my Pokemon are male (with the exception of Gardevoir and Altaria), so I don't have much of a choice.
They'd make a cute couple, I guess. :s  

Jaxaelin

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:47 am
Whahahaha. xD

I never notice any of those... but yeah, I don't pay much attention.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:54 pm
Certain things in the battle tower will use Attract regardless of gender, Toxic on my Crobat, and Leech Seed on my Sceptile. But then again, some of them have level 100 Shuppets.  

Rainbow Phoenix

`RibZ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:06 am
XD That's funny.

I don't really notice things like that...XP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:20 pm
I also hate the rare pokemon's AI.

I was battling Articuno on F-R yesterday and today. I did everything to that thing; I poisoned it, and then I paralyzed it, and then I made it go to sleep, and that darn thing wouldn't stay in the fricken Ultraball! I used 10 on it, and that didn't work, so I had to buy 10 more. I ended up using 14 of them before I actually caught it.

I think it was hard to catch because it kept raising it's speed, and I didn't have a speed-lowering attack, just physical attacks.

Spooky Ames

`RibZ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:41 pm
Oooh! I was battling an electabuzz, and it's health was down to red, so was my growlithe's. The eletabuzz could've pwned me, but it didn't, it used leer...and it kept on using it.
Then I caught it, but seriously...leer? XP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:52 pm
To be honest, I think most of the game AIs are pretty bad... *sighs* Except for the ledgendaries... Those tend to be a lot smarter than trainers. So much for trainers being superior... xd And then in the Collosium games, the Pokemon never actually made contact in the animations, which seemed kind of... cheap.

But why is this in this subforum?  

Scathach13

Zik Fahbil

Aged Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:00 am
The main thing:

IS LANCE A GERMOPHOBIC?

And I think he should be. twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:17 pm
..Germaphobic Lance... *snickers* Oooh! Watch out! The Bacteria Pokemon's gonna get you!!!! xd  

Scathach13

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:59 pm
And that, my friend, is why Lance was so easy to beat. domokun  
Conspiracy Theories and Speculations: Who's Ash's Daddy?

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games