Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wheee
  <3
View Results

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:09 pm
Mew. Yay for Harry Potter. heart xp
As a belated birthday gift, I got tickets to see the new Harry Potter movie (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1). I was very happy to get to see it!! It was a really good movie!!! ...I rarely get to go to the theater, so it was even more epic when it turned out we were seeing it on the IMAX screen. surprised I wore my new shirt that was a birthday gift from my best friend. *giggle-snort*

Anyway. I thought it was a really great movie. The ending sucked, of course. I mean, it being split into two parts. When it ended I was like gah! No! Don't stop! lmao. But, it was a very good movie none the less. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:27 pm
Yay! I'm glad to hear it was good. I was going to be mad if it wasn't. 3nodding I'm almost afraid to see it before the next one comes out, tho. I hate cliffhangers, even when I know what's going to happen. gonk I've always wanted to see something on an IMAX screen just to see if it was any better. surprised And your shirt is awesome. 3nodding Somehow it suits you very well. surprised  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:31 pm
My friends and I watched Harry Potter too. End of story was sad. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 am
Heh. Thank you. I quite love my new shirt. blaugh

Yes, I agree with you 100%! Even though I already know how it ends, it's still like a new story when I watch the movies. From what I have read, the second half will be coming out in July 2011, and both parts will be released in 3D at that time.

...Personally, I hate 3D ...it makes me very motion sick to watch it... so I will not be viewing the 3D versions. But, the IMAX was pretty cool. The screen is a bit larger than a normal theater screen ...and the surround sound was insane. Like if someone was running (in the movie), you could feel the ground moving from the vibration and the sound was as if they were right there. I found myself getting totally lost in the movie and forgetting that I was watching a movie. LOL!!!!  

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:33 am
I don't like 3D either. Partly because I wear glasses, and it's hard to make 3D goggles fit over them. But it does give me headaches too. xp But at least they're not waiting a whole year to release the second half.

I'm not sure I'd want my movie to be so loud that you could feel the vibrations. xd But I'd still like to try it someday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:28 pm
The crouding must have been horrible.

The books are always different from the movies.

Uug, 3d movies SUCK.
Not everyone has a flatscreen tv at home.
And you need one just for it not to look like total crap >.<

The movie theater googles are awesome though.
Too bad they cost so d*** much.

Feeling the vibrations is wierd.
I remember that when we went to watch Jurassic Park for my birthday ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:16 pm
I personally do not care for my sound to be that loud, even when I am at home I tend to keep my televsion turned down quite low. But, it was very-very interesting to have it feeling that realistic. Though, when we left I did have a horrid headache. But, it was worth it.

Eh, I try not to focus on the differences between the books & movies. I know a lot of people are obsessed with pointing out the differences, but I just don't care. I like them both for their own reasons. :3

@Dude
Crouding? Do you mean crowding? Like a lot of people? I apologize if that sounded rude.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:19 am
Ugh, I'd rather watch it at home if it gave me headache. 3nodding

I do have a habit of focusing on the differences at first. But I'm learning to just enjoy books and movies on their own merits. I have to imagine that they're totally different stories so that I don't compare them too much in my head. I'm getting better at it. whee

Lmao, don't fee bad. I correct dude's bad spelling all the time. He's probably used to it by now.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:59 pm
Yeah, I had a headache by the end of the new Jouney to the center of the earth movie too. But usually I do prefer my tv to be higher then purple or our mom. Our dad on the other hand, usually has it higher then me ^^;

I don't really focus too hard on the diffs either.
I love the movies, but the books have ALOT more detail.
I never read them, purple read them to me ^^;

LOL, rude? I didn't think so.
Don't worry about it.
Purple does it ALL the time ^.^
BUT YEAH, that's what I meant ^^;  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:46 pm
Unfortunately, I won't be seeing the movie in theatres. I'll have to wait quite a while for the entire series box set to come out on blu-ray first. It's good to hear the movie was... good. I wasn't very pleased with how movie 6 turned out.

I hate 3D. It just looks ugly to me. I'd rather have a perfectly gorgeous HD flat screen image than look at 3D. And it certainly is a bit disorienting after a short while...  

Iakun

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:45 pm
Personally, I have been -very- pleased with every one of the movies. 3nodding

Awww. Your sissy read you the books. Kawaii. whee ...Mike and I used to read the books together. One of us would read a chapter outloud, then we would switch. It sounds lame, but it was fun to us. Hehe. 4laugh

Heh. Okay. I just wasn't sure if you were trying to say 'crowded' and just misspelled or if you were meaning something totally different. Actually, there was no crowd at all. There were about 10 people in the theater with us while watching the movie. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:51 am
Iakun
I hate 3D. It just looks ugly to me. I'd rather have a perfectly gorgeous HD flat screen image than look at 3D. And it certainly is a bit disorienting after a short while...

Agreed ^.^

Uug, blueray... It's no better then HD. The only reason the companies went with that is because it lets them cram more copy protection crap onto the disk. A setup so damn glitchy that some players can't even play their own stupid disks. Or have those idiots finally fixed that problem yet?
(the only reason anyone believes it's better, is because they got sucked into all the media hype that the companies put out just so they could convince people to buy that sh** ) My question, is what about all the old "still good" movies that won't get put on blueray. Will you even be able to watch them anymore? (future models won't even be compatable probably - same problem with those idiots that made game stations non-backwards compatable)

Rinioa
Personally, I have been -very- pleased with every one of the movies. 3nodding

Awww. Your sissy read you the books. Kawaii. whee ...Mike and I used to read the books together. One of us would read a chapter outloud, then we would switch. It sounds lame, but it was fun to us. Hehe. 4laugh

Heh. Okay. I just wasn't sure if you were trying to say 'crowded' and just misspelled or if you were meaning something totally different. Actually, there was no crowd at all. There were about 10 people in the theater with us while watching the movie. 3nodding

Me too, and yes. It helps me visualize the story ^.^

Really? I would have expected more.
Did you go to one of those bigger theaters?
Or a smaller one?  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 pm
I think it's fun to read to others, but dude is a terrible reader. xd

What did you dislike about movie 6, Iakun? sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:52 pm
Awww. I think that is so cute and fun!!!!
heart heart heart heart heart

Mmmm, it was actually one of the larger theaters in the city. 3nodding
But, it was the late-night showing of the movie ...so not many people seem to be out that late.  

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 am
I'm lousy at imagining the story when I'm reading something.
I get too caught up in the process of reading itself, that I forget to think about what I'm reading. That's why I never seem to remember what I've read for very long.

I see... Everyone went to the earlier showing then.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff